• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The David Halperin Show

ward

Paranormal Adept
Gene and Chris great show. David Halperin was quite collected and rational and even if there were holes in his theories he pointed them out. Quite the gentleman and it was a engaging conversation, i hope you have him back on soon. Chris during the show you mentioned about the abduction phenomenon and the sexual components involved with it that the phenomenon showed "levels of medical procedures that aren't even up to our standards"

That got me thinking about some of the literature and in more then one case how women will bring an "alien" baby to their breast to suckle, and the women have tried to explain that they can't nurse. However they realize they are actually lactating and feeding the infant, seemingly having received something that caused them to produce milk near instantly. Now i know of no way medically with our technology to induce lactation near instantly in a non currently lactating woman, so that would qualify as a medical procedure beyond our tech right now.

Food (milk) for thought.

2:06:25 into the interview with Mr. Halperin, Mr. Steinburg brought up the electromagnetic effect involved with UFO phenomena. Mr. Halperin dismissed the notion & Mr. O’brien indicated that (to his knowledge) there lacks empirical evidence to support such a hypothesis that a human can in fact effect a magnetic field.
Here is a video pt.2/10 of a lecture given by Harold Puthoff of
his work related to remote viewing at the Stanford Research Institute. He relates an event whereby Ingo Swann perturbs an instrument buried beneath a concrete floor, which (in crude terms) is a fancy magnetic compass. Whether or not the research was peer reviewed, I don’t know, but there is some evidence to back up the event. The entire program lasted years and was classified.

A few things about this show:
having attended quite a few lectures by Jungian analysts and other Jungian lecturers, this is what I understand- and what I myself have experienced about synchronicity:
The most important thing about synchronicity that at least one lecturer highlighted was the strong feeling that aligns with the experience- maybe aligns is not exactly the accurate word- as feelings can be dissonant. However, there are strong emotions associated with a synchronicity. It has personal meaning and elicits those intense emotions or sensations- there may be more a sense of great curiosity - or ego inflation energy - I would encourage people to look at the lists of emotions or the writer's wheel of emotions to get an idea of what is meant.
Secondly, going along with the above, the experience is often unspeakable. This in my mind has some contradiction to what David Halperin characterizes because at one point he discredits something because it was confusing and had contradictory information. This is the whole point of dreams and synchronicity- they can be contradictory and not make sense. This is the unspeakable nature- there are potentially strong emotions and when one tries to explain what happens things may morph or even contradict.
Third, synchronicity is acausal.
Fourth, synchronicity may include physical phenomena as one of the most famous examples would illustrate: Jung was analysing a woman skeptical that synchronicity was real and she spoke of a scarab which then during the session also hit the window from outside. There are no scarabs in Switzerland. Both Jung and the woman saw it. Ok so maybe that is not exactly physical but there was what they saw and heard- both of them. Needless to say the woman had her sign that synchronicity is real.
I am sorry I am not specific about my citations. However, if you look up Phoenix Friends of Jung those were the lectures I attended for a few years - probably about 2007-2013. And you can find people who wrote their own books as well as some lectures on there.
I have since abandoned strict Jungianism because it is too patriarchal and hierarchical. I don't think one needs to be analysed to be actualized... etc etc.

2:06:25 into the interview with Mr. Halperin, Mr. Steinburg brought up the electromagnetic effect involved with UFO phenomena. Mr. Halperin dismissed the notion & Mr. O’brien indicated that (to his knowledge) there lacks empirical evidence to support such a hypothesis that a human can in fact effect a magnetic field.
Here is a video pt.2/10 of a lecture given by Harold Puthoff of
his work related to remote viewing at the Stanford Research Institute. He relates an event whereby Ingo Swann perturbs an instrument buried beneath a concrete floor, which (in crude terms) is a fancy magnetic compass. Whether or not the research was peer reviewed, I don’t know, but there is some evidence to back up the event. The entire program lasted years and was classified.

I was looking over the latest post here while noticing, (and wondering), how posting #2 became woefully moth-eaten.

So, once again:

2:06:25 into the interview with Mr. Halperin, Mr. Steinberg brought up the electromagnetic effect involved with UFO phenomena. Mr. Halperin dismissed the notion & Mr. O’Brien indicated that (to his knowledge) there lacks empirical evidence to support such a hypothesis that a human can in fact affect a magnetic field.

Below; is a video pt.2/10 of a lecture given by Harold Puthoff of work related to remote viewing at the Stanford Research Institute. Puttoff relates an event whereby Ingo Swann allegedly perturbs a shielded magnetometer which in crude terms is a very expensive, (and fancy), magnetic compass, encased beneath a concrete floor. Whether or not the research was peer reviewed, I have not the foggiest of clues, however, there may be some validity to the event. The entire program lasted years and was classified, although, some information has since been declassified. Puthoff and Targ do not escape their fair share of detractors as James Randi points toward the infamous spoon bender, Uri Geller in Randi’s documentary; AN HONEST LIAR.

Back