• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Calvine Photo

henris42

Paranormal Maven
This Calvine photo thing just passed the local evening newspaper threshold, so I though I put a little thread here if anyone has more info/details on it.

1661994444700.png

It has featured now in quite many papers, for example there is a nice article in The Mirror.

Thoughts? If that is the "Aurora", that would be outright funny it being the ugliest spyplane in history!

This Calvine photo thing just passed the local evening newspaper threshold, so I though I put a little thread here if anyone has more info/details on it.

1661994444700.png

It has featured now in quite many papers, for example there is a nice article in The Mirror.

Thoughts? If that is the "Aurora", that would be outright funny it being the ugliest spyplane in history!
Well I think it's an experimental craft of some sort and probably a development version of the Aurora.

There is some very interesting work surrounding this on Professor Simon's YouTube channel, where amongst other things, he is getting help from people who are going to find the site of the photo. (He is from Scotland; Calvine is in Scotland.)

David Clarke - who tracked down this original photo after decades of work - has had some expert analysis done on the photo. Long story short; it was taken on a suspiciously good camera for young lads working as washer-uppers in a local hotel.

It's a fascinating story when you take into account the political situation at the time, the jumpiness of British and US military just prior to the first Gulf War, the location, how this particular photo was found, why it never got into the local paper and why the photographer(s) vanished. There is a name on the back of the photo which is assumed to be the photographer...

I suspect *if* it's a clever hoax, or misidentification of a rock in a nearby reservoir, or some other prosaic explanation, it's quite likely the photographers really want to keep out of it now considering all the fuss they've caused!

Prof Simon's YouTube videos (nine on this subject at the moment) -
Video of David Clarke in discussion with other Calvine researchers. Some good links including photo analysis -

Let's not get to sidetracked by assumptions. There is plenty of recent factual data about the location, date and analysis of this particular photo. The photos (six in all) were said to be taken on 4 August 1990. Always best to go to the original sources.

Detailed photo analysis from Andrew Robinson, Senior Lecturer in Photography, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield. S1 1WB.
Freelance Photographer, Educator and Consultant:

Some real work is going on behind the scenes to get to the bottom of this. Many of us want it to be evidence of an alien spacecraft, or some revolutionary terrestrial technology. It might be, but let's not jump to conclusions. We all remember the Roswell slides debacle don't we...?

Let's not get to sidetracked by assumptions. There is plenty of recent factual data about the location, date and analysis of this particular photo. The photos (six in all) were said to be taken on 4 August 1990. Always best to go to the original sources.

Detailed photo analysis from Andrew Robinson, Senior Lecturer in Photography, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield. S1 1WB.
Freelance Photographer, Educator and Consultant:

Some real work is going on behind the scenes to get to the bottom of this. Many of us want it to be evidence of an alien spacecraft, or some revolutionary terrestrial technology. It might be, but let's not jump to conclusions. We all remember the Roswell slides debacle don't we...?
Thanks for the correction always better to have fact rather than fiction and yes let's see what it brings going forward.
I would love to be wrong about it being an extra terrestrial craft.
I do think however that this phenomenon falls into one of three categories.
Secret government projects
Mass consciousness
Or dimensional bleed over.
All of which I think have more credibility and scientific probability than the ETH hypothesis.

There is some very interesting work surrounding this on Professor Simon's YouTube channel, where amongst other things, he is getting help from people who are going to find the site of the photo. (He is from Scotland; Calvine is in Scotland.)

David Clarke - who tracked down this original photo after decades of work - has had some expert analysis done on the photo. Long story short; it was taken on a suspiciously good camera for young lads working as washer-uppers in a local hotel.

It's a fascinating story when you take into account the political situation at the time, the jumpiness of British and US military just prior to the first Gulf War, the location, how this particular photo was found, why it never got into the local paper and why the photographer(s) vanished. There is a name on the back of the photo which is assumed to be the photographer...

I suspect *if* it's a clever hoax, or misidentification of a rock in a nearby reservoir, or some other prosaic explanation, it's quite likely the photographers really want to keep out of it now considering all the fuss they've caused!

Prof Simon's YouTube videos (nine on this subject at the moment) -
Video of David Clarke in discussion with other Calvine researchers. Some good links including photo analysis -
Those are good videos

Indeed. There seem to be some really good and sensible researchers onto this case. I just hope none of them choose only to pursue evidence that supports their theories. There are various theories, but I don't think anyone has nailed their colours to the mast yet, and I hope none of them do or we'll never find the truth!

Indeed. There seem to be some really good and sensible researchers onto this case. I just hope none of them choose only to pursue evidence that supports their theories. There are various theories, but I don't think anyone has nailed their colours to the mast yet, and I hope none of them do or we'll never find the truth!
I think your correct,well done on posting those videos.

Someone mentioned there were 6 photos in total. I have only seen one photo. Have the others been released?
No. The British ministry of defence say that all the pictures were returned to the paper who initially sent them to their offices when enquiring about the incident. There are no doubt that the ministry of defence had the pictures, because Nick Pope has stated that it was one of those pictures that was blown up and on his office wall.

A strange coincidence is that a member of the D-Notice* committee was at the time editor of the local paper that was sent the original photos.
* Governent panel that advises if contentious material can be published or not.

Last edited:
A strange coincidence is that a member of the D-Notice* committee was at the time editor of the local paper that was sent the original photos.
* Governent panel that advises if contentious material can be published or not.
Now isn't that interesting. This is the very thing that make people suspicious of their government.

I would love to be wrong about it being an extra terrestrial craft.

Hey you could well be. :)

Secret government projects
Mass consciousness
Or dimensional bleed over.
All of which I think have more credibility and scientific probability than the ETH hypothesis.
A "mass consciousness" illusion can be photographed?? What proof is there of other dimensions--whereas there is overwhelming proof of a multitude of extrasolar planets?
Secret government projects may seem better than the other two but why send one where it can be photographed?? And if "secret government projects" utilizing exotic propulsion go all the way back to '47, in fact much earlier, why hasn't the technology come into general use by now??

Hey you could well be. :)

A "mass consciousness" illusion can be photographed?? What proof is there of other dimensions--whereas there is overwhelming proof of a multitude of extrasolar planets?
Secret government projects may seem better than the other two but why send one where it can be photographed?? And if "secret government projects" utilizing exotic propulsion go all the way back to '47, in fact much earlier, why hasn't the technology come into general use by now??
Well more scientific evidence for those theories rather than the nut cases who think that it's little grey men from outer space.
People who think there are people coming here from other planets are just people with the brains of a wooden rocking horse.
There was no great happening in 1947 in fact Roswell was a non event untill Stanton Freedman started the conspiracy in the late seventies. (An event he continued to make a full time career out of until his death)

Well more scientific evidence for those theories rather than the nut cases who think that it's little grey men from outer space.
People who think there are people coming here from other planets are just people with the brains of a wooden rocking horse.

So you are smarter than nuclear physicist Stan Friedman and legions of other writers?:)

There was no great happening in 1947 in fact Roswell was a non event untill Stanton Freedman started the conspiracy in the late seventies.
Absurd. Edwards mentioned the case in a book published in '66. There's no doubt a crash occurred as The Roswell Daily Record indicates. KDR has completely debunked the mogul explanation. And he concludes, in his latest work, "to understand Roswell is to know that, other than the extraterrestrial, we have no answer."

So you are smarter than nuclear physicist Stan Friedman and legions of other writers?:)

Absurd. Edwards mentioned the case in a book published in '66. There's no doubt a crash occurred as The Roswell Daily Record indicates. KDR has completely debunked the mogul explanation. And he concludes, in his latest work, "to understand Roswell is to know that, other than the extraterrestrial, we have no answer."
There is loads of other answers from government experiments too people mistaken memories.
People who believe in the ETH theory are not only what's wrong with ufoology they are what's wrong with the world.
They are people of sub normal intelligence who should not be even given a platform.

Back