• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Blue Book Unknowns

Thanks for posting Constance. I've only gone over the events up to 1952 thus far. I have to say, how could anyone NOT agree something strange was/is happening? The list of witnesses, a high percentage, includes military, radar operators, engineers, meteorologists, etc.
While I think Phil Klass was bought/paid for, anyone following in his footsteps are just kidding themselves, or in complete denial. It's obvious these professionals who reported their sightings were filed in the "Unknowns" -as to suggest they were watching the planet Venus or a balloon, would have been a total insult.

There are probably a lot of other 'unknowns' not identified as such in the Blue Book files, were written off as Venus, balloons, etc., depending on the seriousness of those handling the files at various stages (and the orders from higher up). I think Hynek commented on this. Ruppelt referred to it in his book concerning the years he directed Blue Book (available online at the NICAP website). The early years of the postwar ufo phenomenon were incredible, well preserved in documents still being collated and presented at NICAP. The one at the following link, The Report on the UFO Wave of 1947, is a interesting example:

Report on UFO Wave of 1947 Cover

Abstract:
The Report on the UFO Wave of 1947 discusses the first contemporary wave of UFO sightings in this country, which reached its peak on July 6 - 7, 1947. It includes a detailed chronology of more than 850 UFO cases for June and July with complete references, primarily from 140 newspapers in 90 cities in the United States and Canada, but also from the files of NICAP and Project Blue Book, as well as references from a number of publications on UFOs.

About 250 of these reports are discussed in detail, with reference to patterns of appearance and behavior of the objects reported, to special types of witnesses, and to other special features. A summary of the period, the pattern of press coverage, and its effects on the subject, are discussed. Maps are provided to illustrate the daily distribution of sightings for the period.

Thanks for posting Constance. I've only gone over the events up to 1952 thus far. I have to say, how could anyone NOT agree something strange was/is happening? The list of witnesses, a high percentage, includes military, radar operators, engineers, meteorologists, etc ...
Then of course, we find out years later that although Blue Book was once classified as Secret ( as if that's not a cover-up in its own right ), it was basically a shell project, and that the highest quality UFO reports were being diverted away from Blue Book to another even more secret office altogether. So what are we supposed to think? Na. No cover-up going on there. It was all swamp-gas or "war nerves". Please! What is the matter with those people? Any reasonable person, who sifts through the history of the subject, and isn't affected by some personal bias or irrational fear that leads them into denial every time the word "UFO" is mentioned, should be able to conclude that alien visitation is most probably a reality.

Last edited:
Thanks, for the link, Constance.

Consider that this many cases have, in effect, been admitted as strange and unexplained by a group formed with the surreptitious intention of explaining away the whole thing as some variation of the planet Venus, etc. !

I didn't see the Minot or other "northern tier" incursions listed and I have little doubt they deserve the rating of "unknown". Perhaps this is public relations. Admission that strange craft have had our best and brightest at ICBM complexes running in circles could be embarrassing. Other cases should no doubt have been included as well.

Didn't the earliest Minot incursions we know about take place after the so-called closing of Blue Book? In any event, I think those incursions and all the subsequent ones at nuclear missile sites would be the last things that the PTB would willingly make public. I think it goes way beyond 'public relations' to the continuing official determination to prevent public awareness of the militarily-perceived seriousness of 'ufos' based in the pressure and frequency of ufo incursions at military bases and nuclear facilities from the beginning.

Didn't the earliest Minot incursions we know about take place after the so-called closing of Blue Book?

This segment is one of the few bright spots in the Peter Jennings' UFO documentary.

Minot 1968 is probably one of the strongest cases in Blue Book.

As I've said here many times, my wife used to work with one of the witnesses here and I've even sat down to dinner with him on one occasion. I didn't know at the time he was a Minot witness. He is indeed who he claims to be in the video. There is absolutely no way these guys mistook such sightings as stars, as Blue Book apparently claimed. You could say this has left quite a personal impression.

Thanks for that personal knowledge and the clip. I hadn't realized that the earliest events at Minot took place the same year the Condon Report was published and before Blue Book closed. Did the Condon Committee look into Minot? Robert Hastings's online articles on the successive SAC missile site ufos and shutdowns (and his book UFOs and Nukes) should be enough, in my opinion, to convince anyone of the physical reality, intentionality behind, and technological superiority of those ufos.

This segment is one of the few bright spots in the Peter Jennings' UFO documentary.

Minot 1968 is probably one of the strongest cases in Blue Book.

As I've said here many times, my wife used to work with one of the witnesses here and I've even sat down to dinner with him on one occasion. I didn't know at the time he was a Minot witness. He is indeed who he claims to be in the video. There is absolutely no way these guys mistook such sightings as stars, as Blue Book apparently claimed. You could say this has left quite a personal impression.

Extensive research of the case by Tulien and Klotz:
Acknowledgements | The Minot AFB UFO case | 24 OCTOBER 1968
Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident

Back