• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Best Phoenix Lights Paracast Episode ?

Charlie Prime

Paranormal Adept
I am interested in the "Phoenix Lights" saga, but don't know much about it. Search results for "Phoenix Lights" on the Paracast are below.

Which of these episodes would you listen to first?

I'm a newb to the UFO phenomena, and ignorant of who these guests are.

December 9, 2012 — Gary A. David
Gene and Chris present author/researcher Gary A. David. His new book covers his archaeoastronomy work, "Star Shrines and Earthworks of the Desert Southwest," which correlates the locations of ancient Native American village sites to star constellations. He'll also cover other fascinating topics like crypto-creatures, star ancestors, star-gate shrines, ancient pyramids and canals in Phoenix, Hopi mysteries and prophecies, underground cities and a host of other cool topics.

October 26, 2008 — Mac Tonnies
Cutting-edge scientific theorist Mac Tonnies holds forth on Martian mysteries, the Phoenix Mars probe, the state of paranormal belief systems, and various theories on the reality of UFOs.

June 15, 2008 — Mac Tonnies
Discover the very latest news and views on Martian mysteries, including the Phoenix Mars Lander, and new frontiers of paranormal research, with cutting-edge investigator Mac Tonnies.

October 14, 2007 — Dennis Balthaser and Mike Fortson
Researcher Dennis Balthaser discusses the mysteries of Great Pyramid of Giza; eyewitness Mike Fortson separates the facts from the fiction on the Phoenix Lights UFOs. You'll also hear previously-unreported information about this incredible unsolved mystery.

February 25, 2007 — Dr. Lynne Kitei and Sean Casteel
All about the upcoming 10th anniversary of the Phoenix Lights with Dr. Lynne Kitei, author of "The Phoenix Lights" and paranormal writer Sean Casteel; Gene and David continue their ongoing discussion of the state of paranormal research.​

Any suggestions appreciated!

I'll let you have your link since you've been here a while. But why not tell us more about your experiences, rather than point us to a book?

Gene - I'm the first witness to the lights. I'd seen and filmed them since Monday, March 10 of that week. MUFON investigators were on my balcony the evening of March 13 - here is a bit of what was shot from my home

See Triangulation

I submitted the videos, photos, etc. to Marc Dantonio. He's had them for several years now. No response. I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago in the FB MUFON group - still no answer.
In 1997 Village Labs had all our film. The Discovery Channel had all our film. My film was characterized as an anomaly since the lights did not sync with the others so it was ignored by Cognitech, It was ignored by Macabbee. Yet it was the closest to the orbs and the longest footage.

Richard Motzer had the film as well - as did Bill Hamilton and Tom King who shot it. Tom later did a 180 degree on his POV mostly due to our film not getting analysed and everyone putting all their eggs in (it's in front of the mountain) hypothesis. In any event I posted my book because it's all in there - the story of what happened proceeding the sighting - during and just after. My home was used in the recreation of the event in the Discovery Channel documentary. The show closed with - "but what about the previous nights recordings of Steve Blonder". So the anomalies have always been there but have been lost in the debate of the 8:30 triangle vs. the 10:00 "flares". The book gets way beyond that discussion to focus on why the "arc" of lights appeared in the first place - and continue to appear and a pretty regular basis.

For those who really want to get into the weeds concerning the film, the locations, the positions, it's all there in my Triangulation section where I spent years dealing with all the key players in the event. Many have not heard of me because I have a high profile day job where I've tried to keep a lower profile concerning these events.

...and continue to appear and a pretty regular basis.
Gene, based on that alone this guy should be on your Paracast. Steve certainly has put an enormous amount of time and research into this phenomenon that is reoccurring. Amazing!

I looked at your book, and I think you're quite generous to have offered it for free online. I did not find enough details about all the sightings you have had over the years since the big event. Could you tell us about these sightings here and what the differences or similarities are with the big event?

I'm certain you've come across the idea that the desert can elevate [lighted] objects off the ground to appear hovering low on the horizon. The atmospheric conditions can also cause the objects to waver or perhaps even spin too. I wonder if dust devils that are invisible can also play a role in creating such events. Do these lights continue to consistently appear between certain times? What are those times? Have you correlated temperatures and wind conditions too? Do the lights consistently appear in some of the same exact locations or within a certain area/region and within a certain range of elevation heights? What can you tell us about these observations if you've done this? Are any hills or mountains part of the backdrop/behind the lights?

I have no problem believing in orchestrated hoaxes or opportunistic hysteria created events on a grand scale too. I do NOT think it is a coincidence that you mentioned Independence Day and all the people that came out to see the lights. We know there were two extremely popular block buster movies about the ET Aliens precisely during that time frame too. Don't think for a second that big money in the media can be behind this as a gorilla campaign to promote these ET SyFy Mythologies or to capitalize on the self-generated media hysteria.

Your area is full of the ET UFO cult people. Sorry, I've listened to some of these not sane people [or call them ET religious fanatics] on various Podcasts that blow my mind just what they think is going on with the Aliens and our planet. I have no doubt some of these people are creating a lot of ET UFO events and hysteria, IMO. It is a cultural phenomenon now that is part of many peoples absolute belief in the ET and their UFO's that are already here.

Last edited:
Hi Stalker. I moved away from Phoenix in early 1998 - just after the January sighting. So I can't speak to the quality of the sightings afterwards I just know they occurred as I see videos and reports all the time. The day after the Super Bowl last year there was an interesting sighting. On my site there is a forum and a section on Phoenix Lights where I've posted updates which you can check out. Also see the video link for sightings of the previous nights where you can also get a feel for how high or low in the horizon they appeared.

You'll need to read beyond just my experience with sighting itself to see why the real story is what they were trying to point us to.

You'll need to read beyond just my experience with sighting itself to see why the real story is what they were trying to point us to.
Can you point me to the chapter in the book that covers or concludes what you think it means that they were pointing us to?

It would be interesting if you could keep in contact with some of your previous neighbors that lived near you to follow-up on any newer sightings.

Thanks.

Well Stalker I guess you didn't go to Sunday School. Look-up Isaiah 11:6 and then look at the Satellite Image above where I've marked things like wolf, lamb, lion, etc.

I really think reading the book would help put context around that but if you want to cut to the chase - there you have it.

Well Stalker I guess you didn't go to Sunday School. Look-up Isaiah 11:6 and then look at the Satellite Image above where I've marked things like wolf, lamb, lion, etc.

I really think reading the book would help put context around that but if you want to cut to the chase - there you have it.
Oh now, that is too short. I was hoping for at least one chapter that would address the 11:16 with your analysis. Anyway, I'll drop by your forum to check-out what's posted there. I will get around to reading your book, as it seems to be quite varied covering different beliefs throughout history that might have some relationship with the lights too.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

It's my style to keep a little mystery - I'd rather the reader come up with their own conclusions based on the report I've given. I probably wouldn't make a very good guest because of that.

I'll say this - I view the Phoenix Lights event as an important marker denoting the end of one age or world and the beginning of another. The Phoenix bird itself is symbolic of death and rebirth at such times. Some will say the Age of Pisces ended. The Maya will say the 5th Sun ended. The Hopi will say the 4th World ended. This was not an end that happens in one day however. John Major Jenkins put a 36 year time frame around it - I think it's longer as the beginning overlaps the ending.

Does this help?

Also - this video was just posted by intuitive Jennifer Hoffman who talks about the Fatima lights. Watch this and read my chapter 7 on the same subject.

Back