• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Thank You, Gene and David, For Your Courage!

cottonzway

I was saying boo-urns
I've been listening to the show since I first found out about it almost a year ago. I've listened to every one of the episodes so far and I am a huge fan of how honest the two of you gentlemen are.

I've seen some of the topic here that are outside of the paranormal that I have a strong interest in that I would bring up because they have been talked about by others here. Mainly the topic of 9/11. I was shocked to hear so much candid talk about it on the latest show about the topic. I have tried to talk about it in the forums here but never thought it would be talked about on air. Not only because of the highly controversial nature of the topic but seeing as it doesn't have to do with the concept of the show.

You two guys deserve a lot of credit for your courage taking on a topic like that. That is real courage guys! No matter what type of reply you get from others (people who are in love with the government or debunker types) know getting the info out like that far outweighs any negative comments you may get. You also didn't have to do this, but chose to and I respect you guys greatly for it!

I'm not going to get into the "theories" because that is where so many people get lost. All people need to understand is the Kean-Hamiltion report is a fraud and that we need to investigate due to that FACT alone. Everything else is open for debate (unless it's obviously a form of disinformation). Speaking of that though, the only think I will add as a suggestion is in regards to particular people among the 9/11 movement. Now you guys might know this already, but those people who speak of "space beams and no planes" are lying agents of disinformation. They should be treated the same way "He Whom Shall Not Be Named" is treated. If you guys choose to talk about the topic again on air don't even mention the names of those liars. In particular the one from Texas A & M who use to work for daddy Bush. I'm sure you know who that is at this point. You guys have a lot of power in the sense you have a listening audience who will look into the things you speak of. Just don't give these types of people or the obvious crackpot theories the time of day.

Again, thank you guys!

A.LeClair said:
Ones obvious crackpot theory is another's obscure truth.

Well the space beam, no planes, and blame the jews ones are ignorant and offending. Maybe crackpot theory is poor wording because it seems like those people know exactly what they are trying to say but are just really ignorant. Either that or have an agenda from their bosses.

If it weren't for lunatic theories, some folks would have no life at all. They need the excitement and intrigue of the second shooter on the grassy knoll; the CIA creating AIDS to exterminate blacks; the moon landings faked by Hollywood on a sound stage; the oil companies buying out the rights to the pill that turns water into gasoline; the government in collusion with aliens; mind-reading satellites; and on and on.

Their mindset can be summed up thusly: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

People pick and choose the "conspiracies" they choose to believe even when one theory completely contradicts another closely held "truth." They're used to prop up assorted fears and prejudices (there's a lot that going on) or to distract from the grim realities of everyday life.

Conversely, people will refute a "conspiracy" for the same reasons mentioned above.

That's not to say that they don't happen; that's not to say they do. Each one has to be taken with an open mind and a healthy grain of salt.

I'm just amazed at how vehemently people either decry or champion them. They seem to suggest all the gravitas of a subcultural religion. I have to wonder what would happen if a something like the JFK or 9/11 conspiracy theories were entirely proven and widely reported on the 6 o'clock news. Would their devotees create a new "faith" based on taking credit or would they brake into factions, each one turning some minutia into their very own golden calf?

I imagine it might be similar to the vying among the world's religious leaders if God were to land on the White House lawn one sunny afternoon.

I must be honest here, I am a little sad David or Gene did not reply to this thread. I wasn’t expecting an opinion or view, but I did expect and acknowledgement that I made it. I don’t know if you two gentlemen think that maybe I made this thread for some agenda type reason. I made this thread because I’m a huge fan of the show and I respect your courage for bringing up the topic. I don’t know if this was taken by the two of you in a different way or if you think I’m one some guy who is trying to lobby you to speak a view. I’m just some guy from PA who deeply loves his country and when I see people go out of their way to talk about an important topic that they didn’t have to per what their show is about. Anyways, thank you again regardless if you reply or not.

cottonzway said:
I must be honest here, I am a little sad David or Gene did not reply to this thread. I wasn't expecting an opinion or view, but I did expect and acknowledgement that I made it. I don't know if you two gentlemen think that maybe I made this thread for some agenda type reason. I made this thread because I'm a huge fan of the show and I respect your courage for brining up the topic. I don't know if this was taken by the two of you in a different way or if you think I'm one some guy who is trying to lobby you to speak a view. I'm just some guy from PA who deeply loves his country and when I see people go out of their way to talk about an important topic that they didn't have to per what their show is about. Anyways, thank you again regardless if you reply or not.

Even though we don't respond to every single post here, we do appreciate your comments and what you've had to say about us and the various issues we deal with.

Gene Steinberg said:
Even though we don't respond to every single post here, we do appreciate your comments and what you've had to say about us and the various issues we deal with.

I understand Gene. I just wanted you both to know that I think what the two of you did took a lot of courage and I respect any man with courage. You guys have the best paranormal show out there and you didn't have to do this. Both of you made the choice to speak on it and it means a lot of a large group of people. Thank you, again.

Cottonzway,

Thanks for the very kind comments. To be perfectly honest, I'm not totally convinced that the issues of the problems of 9.11 belong on The Paracast, given that they are really much more of a political nature. While anyone listening to the show knows of my interest in politics - as well as my own left-leaning personal position - it wouldn't be my first choice for a Paracast show. Glad you got something from it!

dB

Dealing with alternative explanations and conspiracies isn't too far from the paranormal topic in my view. Things and ideas that seem to run against excepted societal norms. Things that might be, but are just as commonly, or more so, thought not to be by a mainstream outlet/s

Wikipedia has some statements that run parallel to my own thoughts on the paranormal and what it means. "The word paranormal consists of two parts: para and normal. In most definitions of the word paranormal, it is described as anything that is beyond or contrary to what is deemed scientifically possible.[1] The definition implies that the scientific explanation of the world around us is the 'normal' part of the word and 'para' makes up the beyond, contrary, or against part of the meaning.

Para has an ancient Greek and Latin origin. Its most common meaning (the Greek usage) is 'similar to' or 'near to', as in paragraph. In Latin, para means 'against,' 'counter,' 'outside,' or 'beyond'. For example, parapluie in French means 'counter-rain' – an umbrella. It can be construed, then, that the term paranormal is derived from the Latin use of the prefix 'para', meaning 'against, counter, outside or beyond the norm.'

But it's whatever Gene and David want in the end. Their show:)

"But it's whatever Gene and David want in the end. Their show."-A.LeClair

I'm having fun ribbing David about the moon landing hoax on another thread.
I know David is too smart to try to get a walk on an analog argument in a digital age.
We needed the propaganda win a lot more than we needed to land anything on the lunar surface.
Just keeping the cold war cold kids, sorry we screwed up your expectations of actual space exploration in your lifetimes.
We were led to believe our generation would be undertaking serious exploration.
Oh well, guess it didn't hurt to study hard and overachieve.
I too am proud of David and Gene, at least they are willing to entertain the notion that sometimes there really is a conspiracy and coverup being pulled off right before our unbelieving eyes.
In Kennedy's first speech after election he made this startling statement;
"Even the high office of the president of the United States has been subverted by those acting contrary to the American peoples best interests".
He was too innocent for his own good, talking like that, trying to not be involved with wars simply to profit the military industrial complex, and having the U.S. Mint produce a REAL $5 bill, with plans to wrest control of our currency from the Federal Reserve made him too dangerous to moneyed interests to be allowed to live.
Nobody even suggested John John's plane crash had a few indications of sabatoge involved.
Guess the public is scared, stupid, or knows which side it's bread is buttered on, because the land of the free and the home of the brave still sounds good, but freedom and bravery are fast disappearing.
Question authority.
Eat The Rich.
And always remember, if no one is offended when you speak out, you aint said jack $h!t.

Just finished the feb 18th show. It's a shame you're feeling that way David but really, what did you expect? Everybody's got their little line in the sand and you'd better not cross it, OR ELSE! Or else what? Well... they never seem to get around to that part, do they? But OR ELSE!

Point is, you're wasting your time trying to do things like debate Friedman over the ETH vs EDH. You can ask him whether or not he thinks it's valid but you should be able to predict that after 30 years of pimping the ETH he's not likely to say more than "No".

I'd urge you not to give up so quickly however. I mean, it's not like this stuff's going to go away, whatever carreer damage you've done is there already. Might as well stick it out and see where it goes.

our terrorist government hides in plain sight. a retarded child of 4 can see 9/11 was an inside job.

a retarded child of 4 can see 9/11 was an inside job
Obviously, one did. Do you also believe that the CIA created AIDS to kill black people and sells drugs to finance research on anti-gravity drives?

interestedINitall said:
sigh

It continues. . .

These is the second time in a topic about this subject that you made this ytype of post. If you are trying to say something you need to type it because we can't guess your views.

cottonzway said:
These is the second time in a topic about this subject that you made this ytype of post. If you are trying to say something you need to type it because we can't guess your views.

Aww, poor baby. Now don't go and do something silly like holding your breath until I give you what you want. Let's not have another tantrum like the one that spilled over from our PM exchange (he's so demonstrative). In the meantime, let me offer you this olive branch:
It may provide some grist for your feverish little mill.

Go with God - unless, of course - He's in on it, too.

Back