• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

technophobic paranormal researchers

skeptoid humanoid

Skilled Investigator
I have some comments in response to David's comments at the start of the Jan 20th show regarding paranormal researchers who do not have a good grasp on technology.

David is correct, researchers who are working with EVPs, should have a better understanding on the specifications of their equipment. I think a lot of the guys on the "Ghost hunting shows" on TV don't even have a clue how to use some of their equipment. Standardization of equipment should be expected, if we ever expect this field to be taken seriously. They need to embrace the technology.

I am a technologist myself. I am a Muzak (commercial sound) technician. A few of the technicians I work with are actually technophobic. They attempt to use past experience and logical thinking, rather than using diagnostic troubleshooting equipment. They actually don't like using volt-meters, sound pressure meters, real-time analyzers, etc, to troubleshoot audio problems. These guys usually don't last long in this field. I think the technophobes in the paranormal field will be left behind in the future as well.

Back