• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Swordplay

jarshua

Skilled Investigator
I don't really know if this is a paranormal thing or just something random, but I wonder about things more often since recent experiences.(previous thread) My boys (2 yrs and 1 yrs) got these foam swords for Christmas, for some reason when they "attack" with them they say a word that we don't know. Spelled phonetically it would be "Sha-doo" or Shaa du. Maybe it's just jibberish they made up but I thought I would post it on the slim chance anyone has an idea where they got this or what it means, if anything. Most words they have for things are only slightly wrong like "Chichen" for "Chicken", so it just struck me as odd.

I don't really know if this is a paranormal thing or just something random, but I wonder about things more often since recent experiences.(previous thread) My boys (2 yrs and 1 yrs) got these foam swords for Christmas, for some reason when they "attack" with them they say a word that we don't know. Spelled phonetically it would be "Sha-doo" or Shaa du. Maybe it's just jibberish they made up but I thought I would post it on the slim chance anyone has an idea where they got this or what it means, if anything. Most words they have for things are only slightly wrong like "Chichen" for "Chicken", so it just struck me as odd.

my boys made sounds, used made-up words when they played swordfights, space-gun fights, etc. I think it is just a sound effect kids use to imitate what they think the noise a sword, light-saber, or ray gun or pistol should have. And once they come up with one that sounds neat, they will continue to use it, even if it doesn't particulary evoke the actual sound.
but then, kids are weird, and they like making their parents crazy, so if it was me, I wouldn't be thinking anything of it.

I named my applehead siamese cat "Mortimer" after my little brother's imaginary skunk of the same name.
The other brother used to call himself TOOKIE (two-key)! Even he doesn't know why? A good friend of mine created a whole microcosm of a race called
Guggies. Point being that lilttle kids make up some weird shit! It's a fact!

Back