• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Surviving Death: Ask Leslie Kean

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
With her new book, "Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife," journalist Leslie Kean takes her interest in the paranormal to a totally new direction.

Here's what Leslie says about what spurred her new quest:

“While exploring the evidence for an afterlife, I witnessed some unbelievable things that are not supposed to be possible in our material world. Yet they were unavoidably and undeniably real. Despite my initial doubt, I came to realize that there are still aspects of Nature which are neither understood or accepted, even though their reality has profound implications for understanding the true breadth of the human psyche and its possible continuity after death.”

Before writing about UFOs and the afterlife, Leslie worked as a freelance writer and radio producer for a number of major media outlets.

Our guest co-host for this episode will be Erica Lukes. It will be recorded Tuesday, March 7th, from 1 PM until 3 PM Mountain time (Arizona).

Leslie, what are your thoughts on soul? Do you believe that soul is the true nature of a human being?

Leslie, would you describe the séances that you attended, and how they affected your views on survival after death?

Do you think there is any risk or hazard to a person by participating in séances?

Are you familiar with the work of Joe Fisher? Specifcally The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts?

Mr. Fisher had worked as an investigative reporter and feature writer for both The Toronto Sun and The Toronto Star, and later specialized in metaphyical topics, including survival after death. In one of his last communications with his editor-in-chief, Patrick Huyghe at Paraview Books, Fisher noted that the spirits were still after him for having written his final book, according to his obituary at The Anomalist website.

What are Leslie's views on past-life regression therapy using hypnosis and is she familiar with the work and subsequent best-selling books by psychotherapist Dr. Brian L. Weiss, especially his groundbreaking "Many Lives, Many Masters"?

Who does Leslie think are the most credible reincarnation researchers active in the field today?

Apart from mythology, religion, and people's interpretations of subjective experiences, what logical reasoning is there to substantiate the possibility of afterlives?

Last edited:
Hi Leslie

Are you aware of the book , Things to do when you are dead, true accounts of after death communication, by Tricia Robertson? a former mathematics and physics teacher?

I found it very interesting that a scientist is very open to such phenomenon? Are you aware of other scientists who have came to a similar conclusion regarding these matters?

With her new book, "Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife," journalist Leslie Kean takes her interest in the paranormal to a totally new direction.

Here's what Leslie says about what spurred her new quest:

“While exploring the evidence for an afterlife, I witnessed some unbelievable things that are not supposed to be possible in our material world. Yet they were unavoidably and undeniably real. Despite my initial doubt, I came to realize that there are still aspects of Nature which are neither understood or accepted, even though their reality has profound implications for understanding the true breadth of the human psyche and its possible continuity after death.”

Before writing about UFOs and the afterlife, Leslie worked as a freelance writer and radio producer for a number of major media outlets.

Our guest co-host for this episode will be Erica Lukes. It will be recorded Tuesday, March 7th, from 1 PM until 3 PM Mountain time (Arizona).

Very glad to hear that Leslie Kean is being interviewed concerning her most recent book. Thanks for arranging this, Gene.

Back