• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Surprise! Milky Way Much More Massive

Just my opinion but don't you think these kind of measurements will always be changing due to the expansion of the universe. I just mean that the galaxy is undergoing changes all the time that may take astronomers/scientists years to discover. Whenever the scientists come out with a new "truth" it makes me think that they are looking at something that happened hundreds of years ago.

Just my 1 cent. Thanks for this post!

Just my opinion but don't you think these kind of measurements will always be changing due to the expansion of the universe. I just mean that the galaxy is undergoing changes all the time that may take astronomers/scientists years to discover. Whenever the scientists come out with a new "truth" it makes me think that they are looking at something that happened hundreds of years ago.

Just my 1 cent. Thanks for this post!

I don't think the expansion has much to do with it. It's our tools that let us know more. Or fool ourselves more:)

Agreed. You would think the Hubble, "when it's working", would be able to give us more answers, I don't know, maybe I'm just very naive. I could also be a total moron or a jackass, please choose your preference. Uh OH. It just seems to me that we should have much more info NOW considering the tech. we have at our fingers. When the Hubble looks out into space-I don't think we are being told or shown everything it is seeing, and it goes offline way too often. I don't know. I'll shut up now.

Agreed. You would think the Hubble, "when it's working", would be able to give us more answers, I don't know, maybe I'm just very naive. I could also be a total moron or a jackass, please choose your preference. Uh OH. It just seems to me that we should have much more info NOW considering the tech. we have at our fingers. When the Hubble looks out into space-I don't think we are being told or shown everything it is seeing, and it goes offline way too often. I don't know. I'll shut up now.

..No, you're dead on. What are they keeping from us? I mean, how many Hubble Photos have uneven blocks missing from the pic? Don't tell me there was some sort of data corruption for that segment... I always imagine a vast space battle, or giant super advanced alien billboards, "Eat at Zorgs!" NASA blocks them out so they don't have to pay royalties in intergalactic court...

-Mike <8]

..No, you're dead on. What are they keeping from us? I mean, how many Hubble Photos have uneven blocks missing from the pic? Don't tell me there was some sort of data corruption for that segment... I always imagine a vast space battle, or giant super advanced alien billboards, "Eat at Zorgs!" NASA blocks them out so they don't have to pay royalties in intergalactic court...

-Mike <8]

LOL, maybe the Hubble is occasionally glimpsing ET'S and therefor the corruption. Where IS the Hubble located in space, relatively close?

LOL, maybe the Hubble is occasionally glimpsing ET'S and therefor the corruption. Where IS the Hubble located in space, relatively close?

..I forget what the points are called, but it's in one of the points of stable gravitational pull between the earth and the moon (I believe); so orbiting earth not far out.

-Mike <8]

Back