• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Succubus

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
I just recently heard part of the show where David mentioned briefly his experiences with what he considers might be a succubus, and just wanted to make a thread and inquiry about it, and/or other people's experiences that are similar. Phew, long sentence.

There's an interesting case involving an Incubus (actually more than one entity) called the "Entity" case. It's one of the best paranormal cases to date. The entity never appeared in a completely physical form though.

David sure has had a lot of weird stuff happen to him. It's rare I come across someone that has had as many experiences, and with the same degree of strangeness.

For most of my life, the things that would happen to me would go to the back of my mind. I simply couldn't handle the weirdness, so I tried to assimilate the experiences into my day-to-day life.

It got to the point that I couldn't bottle this stuff up anymore, and had to try and talk about it some kind of constructive way, just to get it off my chest. The Paracast is the result, and to be perfectly frank, I'm still not sure of whether or not it was a good idea to go public. Sometimes I'm reassured by some of the email I get, or people posting on the forums, but some of the response has been less than positive. Apparently, people who want to have these types of experiences and who don't get them, tend to display a weird form of anger/jealousy towards folks like myself. It's truly strange, and disturbing. I can understand why lots of experiencers just clam up and keep things to themselves. I'm not the kind of person who can do that, I'm not very good at bottling up emotions, hence my somewhat intense personality and problem with keeping my mouth shut.

In the case of the situation I brought up on the Steiger episode, that shape-shifting entity, whatever it was, it's one of the weirder long-term things that ever happened to me. I brought it up only in a generalized way, the details are just too weird for me to want to discuss them publicly. Right after that episode aired, I was talking to my girlfriend about it, and after I described some of the more bizarre aspects of it, she looked at me with a genuine tone of concern and told me, "you have had a really weird life".

Yeah, tell me about it.

I'm trying to make sense of all this, of what it's supposed to mean. There are even more strange things, stuff which I'll most likely never reveal on this show, that makes everything even murkier. Sometimes I think I should just forget about all this and try to have a normal life, but it looks like that ship sailed long ago.

Oh, well.

Thanks for the comments, ParaPackRat.

David Biedny said:
For most of my life, the things that would happen to me would go to the back of my mind. I simply couldn't handle the weirdness, so I tried to assimilate the experiences into my day-to-day life.

It got to the point that I couldn't bottle this stuff up anymore, and had to try and talk about it some kind of constructive way, just to get it off my chest. The Paracast is the result, and to be perfectly frank, I'm still not sure of whether or not it was a good idea to go public. Sometimes I'm reassured by some of the email I get, or people posting on the forums, but some of the response has been less than positive. Apparently, people who want to have these types of experiences and who don't get them, tend to display a weird form of anger/jealousy towards folks like myself. It's truly strange, and disturbing. I can understand why lots of experiencers just clam up and keep things to themselves. I'm not the kind of person who can do that, I'm not very good at bottling up emotions, hence my somewhat intense personality and problem with keeping my mouth shut.

In the case of the situation I brought up on the Steiger episode, that shape-shifting entity, whatever it was, it's one of the weirder long-term things that ever happened to me. I brought it up only in a generalized way, the details are just too weird for me to want to discuss them publicly. Right after that episode aired, I was talking to my girlfriend about it, and after I described some of the more bizarre aspects of it, she looked at me with a genuine tone of concern and told me, "you have had a really weird life".

Yeah, tell me about it.

I'm trying to make sense of all this, of what it's supposed to mean. There are even more strange things, stuff which I'll most likely never reveal on this show, that makes everything even murkier. Sometimes I think I should just forget about all this and try to have a normal life, but it looks like that ship sailed long ago.

Oh, well.

Thanks for the comments, ParaPackRat.

Try not to let folks get you down. Their insults say more about them than it does you. Some people have a tendency to guard the status quo, and jump to conclusions that someone is lying, even if there's no evidence for it. For whatever reason, some people just can't (or are unwilling) say, "hmm, I don't know what to make of that claim, interesting". You'll never escape criticism. No matter what you do:) So, if you weren't spending your time with this, you'd be doing something else with ups and downs in it to whatever degree. I'm glad you decided to do the Paracast with Gene (How did you two meet btw?). It's the only show that deals with this stuff in a way that I would for the most part. I woulda shredded Sean Morten and a few other guests you've had on though:)

I've also had some doozy of experiences. One that comes to mind involved a possible ongoing spirit communication. It claimed to be the devils son. It's a long story, and I already posted about it long ago. Maybe I'll look for it and repost it here. I'm not religious, or think in terms of demons etc. so that was a strange experience for me to go through. I lean toward the idea that it was some twisted spirit, or something created by the people involved (me and two friends). Perhaps what I experienced was similar to the Phillip case back in the 70s. Not sure.

Yeah, I heard you mention your gfs response. I'm sure sex has something to do with it, since you refer to it as a Succubus. Well, if you ever want to share it with someone, you can pm me about it. I'd love more details:) You don't have to get graphic with the sex stuff though if you don't want.

So, you have had even more experiences weirder than the succubus!? Wow, surprised you haven't went bonkers then. Here's where Gene chimes in with a joke:)

You oughta ghost write a book about the events and your paranormal research, and interactions with other researchers etc in the future. It would be a good book. Better than Snoorey's I bet. Not that I've read his, I'm just guessing it sucks.

Without going into an awful lot of detail, David had become a regular on my tech radio show. In talking between segments, I realized he shared an interest in the paranormal. That's where the discussion began and, after a few months, we created The Paracast.

And here we are :)

Gene Steinberg said:
Without going into an awful lot of detail, David had become a regular on my tech radio show. In talking between segments, I realized he shared an interest in the paranormal. That's where the discussion began and, after a few months, we created The Paracast.

That makes sense. Interesting the topic turned to the paranormal. How long have you had the tech show? For some reason I was thinking you and he knew each other a long time.

Paranormal Packrat said:
Gene Steinberg said:

That makes sense. Interesting the topic turned to the paranormal. How long have you had the tech show? For some reason I was thinking you and he knew each other a long time.

Our paths had crossed over the years, but we didn't get in regular contact till the tech show, which has been on nearly five years now.

David, I know someone who was struck by lightning in his youth. Weird stuff began to happen to him after that and keeps up to this day. He will only allow that much information, never the details. He doesn't think it would be cathartic to reveal any of it so I can understand how and why you've come to your conclusion.

Sometime during the medieval era, a priest named Sylvanus raped a nun. He defended himself by arguing that an Incubus had taken his form and raped the nun. The charges were dropped.

I wonder how this guy lived with himself after that. It must have been a miserable experience for that guy, lying there on his deathbed, perhaps in his mid-70s. In his last moments, no doubt, he lay there thinking about the sexual violence he committed against that woman and the terrible lie he invented to cover it up. What a truly terrible crime.

As for a genuine Incubus or Succubus attack, thank God I cannot relate to you on that score, Mr. Biedny. I have read about that phenomenon and it frightens me in the extreme. It will probably take me an extra hour to fall asleep tonight, since I just did a bit of reading about it.

I have had a few sleep-related experiences that could rival the feeling of mortal terror that one endures during a Succbus attack. Once, when I was about 18 or 19, I dreamed that my parents were bribing me to murder our neighbor. I awoke, got out of bed, but still I remained literally more or less asleep for about 20 minutes, still in the dream, walking around the house, awake and asleep at the same time. I walked into the living room, looked at my parents in terror, and then I walked outside and took a leak off of the porch. I stood there pissing and thinking about how they had just bribed me. “I cannot believe they expect me to do something like that. Murder someone! What the F**k is the matter with them?” Then I walked back into the living room and began yelling and cursing at them. “What are you thinking? Damn you both! I will not kill anyone for you, not for any amount of money! I hate you both!” And so on…

My mother freaked out while my father started laughing. This was not the first time I had such an experience, awakening physically but not mentally. My mother put me to bed, saying prayers at my bedside and so forth, asking the “demons” to come out of me.

Another time, I had been dreaming that an assassin was in my bedroom trying to kill me. I had a friend sleeping over. He was on the floor. I awoke and saw him lying there on the ground and I thought he was the assassin. I awoke, turned on the lights, and I began screaming at him. Luckily, I snapped out of it before I could hurt him, unlike the other time when it took me nearly 20 minutes to fully awaken out of the dream.

I have had lots of those experiences. There is a moment when you’re starting to become aware that you’re still mentally in the dream world but physically awake, a fleeting 10 seconds or so. It’s like you’re somewhere between two worlds when that happens, and you’re not sure which one is real.

I don't pretend to know what attracts these sorts of entities and experiences to certain people more than others, but I think there is something there.

Either a certain type of energy or thoughtform we emit into the ether, or indirectly related, because they've 'scanned' you and determined that you would be susceptible to them.

I have heard it repeated several times that young children tend to be vulnerable, but not necessarily all young children, and that through fear, terror, depression, anxiety, and a few other mental and emotional states, many of these entities can then drain you of some type of energy.

It could very well be that some people emit more of this energy or have the potential to emit a lot of it, but I do think there is something to that and whatever is doing this is not doing it for kicks, but for some kind of sustenence or perhaps even taking some of the 'vitality' of this world into them in order to make them more real here. And what better way to do that than through a human being, who on some level is connected through their thoughts to most of the world, even if it's only intellectually. Thus how one of these interactions can start off with just seeing things and progress into poltergeist activity, possession, and worse.

It may be a question of our awareness and self reality, but also I think, again, I don't know, that these entities are perhaps using us as a vaulting platform, and by sucking away at our energy, they can rise closer to our level of physical reality, and that's what they really want.

Whether or not alien visitation falls into this category, I'm not so sure. I think that the overlap here might have something to do with alien entities being highly advanced in the manipulation of other planes aside from the physical, and may choose to not interact with us physically, because why take the risk if they can interact with us in other ways with little to no risk.

Overall, what we need are ways to defend and protect ourselves in ways that are commonly seen today, at least in this part of the world as mystical, unprovable, or even just plain silly.

Back