• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strong Evidence Certain Gov Officials Trying to Stop Climate Change Investigations

Appalling. But there's a bright side to this guy's blissfully revealing his ignorance -- a lesser chance of his being run and elected for the presidency.

What do of you expect when av global temp's have flatlined for the past 18 years ?.

How much more tax $ should they spend ?.

Appalling. But there's a bright side to this guy's blissfully revealing his ignorance -- a lesser chance of his being run and elected for the presidency.

Don't hold your breath. The problem is getting reasonably intelligent people to the polls. And countering GOP voter suppression bullshit at the state level.

Ted is definitely in the drivers' seat of the 2016 clown car, but Rand "Trust Me, I'm Almost A Doctor" Paul might give him a run for his money there.

We know, ya to late fella.

Theoretical considerations and empirical evidence indicate that atmospheric turbidity, a function of aerosol loading, is an important factor in the heat balance of the earth-atmosphere system. Turbidity increase over the past few decades may be primarily responsible for the decrease in worldwide air temperatures since the 1940's.

But but but nasa political wing say we are cooking up, but then there's NASA science.

Theres no mystery to contrails newby, jets have been cooling the atmosphere for decades.

NASA - Atmospheric Aerosols: What Are They, and Why Are They So Important

NASA's ongoing Atmospheric Effects of Aviation Project (AEAP) has measured emissions from the engines of several commercial and research aircraft. Jet engine emissions have been shown to affect the concentrations of atmospheric water vapor and aerosols, and they may affect how clouds form and the concentrations of atmospheric ozone. Few actual measurements of their effects have been made, however.

In the spring of 1996, the Subsonic Aircraft Contrail and Cloud Effects Special Study (SUCCESS) focused on subsonic aircraft contrails and the impact of the aerosols in those contrails on cirrus clouds and atmospheric chemistry. Researchers have determined that aircraft contrails can prolong the presence of high altitude cirrus clouds while also decreasing the size of the ice crystals that make up the clouds.Studies like SUCCESS and AEAP will be ongoing as scientists continue to try to understand how aerosols affect our atmosphere and climate.

Yall remember 'NASA science' dont ya, you know the real stuff, Rockets astronauts, stuff that Ted is re-directing the funds too, spacey stuff again, future tech, materials medicines, shit like that.

Nasa needs turned around whilst it still has enough scientists in its ranks that were classically trained, so they can advance [retrain] their modern trained counter-parts to have any chance of ever being what it once was again, an agency the world looked up to, an agency that typified American spirit, ingenuity, pride.

Reduced to producing fraudulent weather data on daily basis, for its political masters.

Have people forgotten what effect those grainy washed out b&w pictures from the moon had on the world, what it meant for America in the worlds eyes, or do they just not care anymore.

Black and white, to me, i have literally zero knowledge of political life in America, so it is easy for me i suppose to judge what is said, by its worth/promise, and not judging first and foremost by whose 'side' the speaker is on, nearly all political talk is sophistical in nature anyway.

Last edited:
Climate issues aside, Cruz's larger political platform is straight out of seventeenth century Salem.

Agreed, absolutely. Or at least the 1950s during the McCarthy era, starring poor people and non-Repugni-can'ts instead of "commies".

He's a sharp guy with a glowing retrogressive view of the past.

It's getting to be damn scary, the number of intelligent & articulate people I run into nowadays; who still manage to be dumber than a small bag of gravel - at least some of the time.

Back