• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange sounds in the sky

FrakkeVanAkke

Paranormal Novice
heard some strange sounds during a warm rainy day. I started recording
and after about 30sec. the sounds came back. I stopt recording to go
outside but it was gone by then. didn't hear it again ...
Maybe a combination of warm wheater and rain ? ... maybe someone can
explain this ..

there are no construction sites or factories around here (center of
town)

also no raylyard or something like that.
Any idea ? let me know

sorry for my english.

FrakkeVanAkke, do you recall the date this occurred?

As you’ve probably found, there are many videos on the internet showing similar sounds. I don’t know a great deal about them. It appears the videos first began appearing in 2011, with a large number posted in 2012. They have been posted from many locations around the world.

Of the ones I’ve seen, many clearly are poorly produced fakes. On the other hand, there are local News segments in which news reporters have gone out and interviewed witnesses after a night when such sounds have been heard by many in a town, and stirred up much interest. Witnesses have included a town mayor and the news reporters themselves. There is a clip from a Tampa Bay Rays baseball telecast in which the game announcers are talking about a similar sound occurring inside the domed stadium.

When I last looked at this a year or so ago, it appeared the earliest occurring instance posted occurred on March 9, 2011. In that video a Florida couple are apparently recording what they believe to be the sound of an approaching tornado, though the weather service said there were no tornados in the area.

Many explanations have been proposed from an unknown natural cause, to the conspiracy theorists’ HAARP, to UFOs, to hoaxes, to misidentifications, to the trumpets of the apocalypse.

Here is a short example from a remote site in Alberta, Canada 1/12/2012.

The one from Tallahassee, FL Mar 9, 2011. Note that at the 7:40 mark there is a flash in the sky after which the sound subsides.

Another from Belgium from 2012.

A Collected Chronology up to Jan 2012. The Tampa Bay Rays broadcast is at the 7:48 mark. A local news broadcast is at the 27:44 mark.

A poorly done hoax, June 2013

Back