• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange NJ Creature said to be a Wolf Eel.

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
"As soon as he viewed the photo - those fanglike teeth, like something out of a horror movie - John Lundberg knew what the mystery creature was.

"Once you see one of these things, you don't forget it," says Lundberg, curator of fishes at the Academy of Natural Sciences.

It was a wolf eel, a six-foot-long - docile, despite appearances - inhabitant of deep waters off the North Atlantic coast, including New Jersey." Includes image.

N.J. mystery creature has fangs and fins

Brian Now said:
Good lord I have never seen such a thing...look at the picture of it on the edge of the boat. I think I just found a new avatar!

Hey, by the way, I was perusing some websites on lakes (i love lakes) and found this Flathead Lake in Montana...would you believe it has a "monster" too? What large lake doesn't have one these days?

http://www.flatheadlakers.org/recreation_culture/monster/index.html

yup i know all about it. i live in missoula but i like going up to flathead lake to fish and camp and see the freedeom fighter members all held up in there fortress.

Farside said:
yup i know all about it. i live in missoula but i like going up to flathead lake to fish and camp and see the freedeom fighter members all held up in there fortress.

You are so lucky to live in a place with natural beauty. I live in Houston and neither it nor its people has any beauty, hah! I have always heard that Texas only has one natural lake, the rest are artificial (mostly created as reservoirs I think).

I believe these artificial ones wouldn't be more than 60 years old... so needless to say we don't have any lake monster stories to my knowledge.

Brian Now said:
You are so lucky to live in a place with natural beauty. I live in Houston and neither it nor its people has any beauty, hah! I have always heard that Texas only has one natural lake, the rest are artificial (mostly created as reservoirs I think).

I believe these artificial ones wouldn't be more than 60 years old... so needless to say we don't have any lake monster stories to my knowledge.

Coincidence, I also live in Houston. We should hang out and trade paranormal stories some time. I have quite a few of them that I haven't yet posted on here.

I live in Houston and neither it nor its people has any beauty, hah! I have always heard that Texas only has one natural lake, the rest are artificial (mostly created as reservoirs I think).
I grew up south of H-town. My brother and I saw a critter that looked like a seal with a gar head in Harris Reservoir, which Dow dumps into. My brother also saw a day-glow orange rattlesnake around the waste-pond that Richmond Tankers hoses their train-cars out into.
Not exactly "monsters", but weird enough to catch your attention.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Back