• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

strange Computer code hidden in Superstring Equations

nameless

Paranormal Adept
audience member- "..you find computer code writ into the fabric of the universe!!??"
seeing as theres been talk of the nature of reality and also the holographic universe (in terms of mirrored matrices not the Startrek holo-deck) and how we perceive it i though i would bring this old news up that some people new to this subject might have missed;

eminent genius philosopher, mathematician, scientist, theorist Dr James Gates shok up the scientific community with this admission back in 2008 with the publishing of this paper;
[0806.0051] Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes, Graphs, and Irreducible Representations of N-Extended Supersymmetry

about Adinkras;

http://www.onbeing.org/sites/onbeing.org/files/gates-symbolsofpower.pdf

Much like the Diamond Net of Indra, yet again we see an ancient system and its analogical reference with complex scientific and pholosphical theory and how its value is only discerned with our own mental evolution and exploration. We must be more humble and look beyond the simple aesthetic or primal interpretation of past cultures, myths, designs, religous beliefs etc.. and see their resonance with our own "belief systems" and scientific thinking.

In general, I'm sceptical of what I'd call 'mathematical idealism'. That is, you start out with the math, and then describe the world according to the math.

From my own time as a student, I can remember being very annoyed with math teachers speaking about 'beauty' and 'symmetry' in flowery prose. Not least because it made it so much harder for me to understand what they were talking about, when they mixed esthetics and math. ;)

But Gates explains that esthetics are important, because we can expect symmetry and such. I'm too cynical, and obviously he is far more knowledgeable than me, I'm just saying, beware of mathematical idealism! :p

Here's I understand it: He makes symbols to stand in place of whole equations that describe physical proporties, so you can visualize how those equations interconnect. Ok. Then he starts twirling those structures around until he sees patterns, yes? All I'm thinking is:

Self-induced Pareidolia? :D

Did he explain exactly where this 'code' he talks about manifests itself, what it looks like, and why it resembles computer-code? Maybe I missed the spot where he actually explains this? (Maybe I should see it again.)

I suspect he makes a similar mistake as when he says that the human brain is a computer. A computer's 'brain' consists of algorithms input by human beings. That has nothing to with a human, and the human has nothing to do with the computer. Likewise, if you make a robot with two hands, two feet and a computer 'brain' you have not made a human, you have made a machine that looks like a human.

Maybe (probably) it just went all over my head, this is initially my cynical and arrogant reaction to it though.

PS: The audience member in the first video was Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Back