• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange Character - Mirin Dajo

I think I heard about him a looooong time ago. Not sure though.

Reminds me of a guy from Russia nicknamed Superman. I think I saw it on Sightings, and one other show. He did some amazing feats, seemingly. Electricity shot from his finger tips, he would shove rods through his arm and then pull a train up a slight hill, hold his breath a long time etc.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about, and have info. to share? Has he been found out to be a trickster?

Well, this has been sadly neglected.

I just dug up a german documentary about "Mirin Dajo" and posted it on a show thread because David Hatcher Childress mentioned him during an appearance. I think the clips shown are from the footage he saw:

(edit) WARNING: this contains footage of a man being pierced with swords. Not suitable for children or grown ups who are easily scared. Do not, repeat, DO NOT try this at home.

No english subtitles or audio commentary, but the footage speaks for itself. The information given can be found in the article linked above.

Mirin Dajo: Wonderman

Maybe switch off the audio (the original didn't have any) and try to see if you can find evidence of trickery. This is no modern CGI fake, the footage is genuinely old (probably early fifties, maybe earlier).

Last edited:
Back