• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Statement from Donald R. Schmitt

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
A Different Perspective

It would seem like I've been here before... Asking my friends and colleagues to accept my sincerest apology for my participation in the recent event in Mexico City. I accept full responsibility for the fact that I allowed myself to be drawn into this situation, albeit with the best of intentions, I sacrificed my better judgement by being overly trusting when I should have known better. As one strives to make up for the mistakes of the past, there are times that emotions cause one to outrun their headlights. In my case, I ran it right off the road. Through the years I have worked hard to earn back your respect and confidence in my work only to presently jeopardize it all. For that I am especially remorseful. I am afraid that after spending almost half of my life devoted to one specific investigation, I allowed the allure of final resolution cloud my skeptical nature to be replaced by a false vision of hope. I now realize that the image in the slides is a mummy as specified by the display placard. At this time I consider the matter concluded and intend on moving forward. My only desire is that you try to understand that I never willfully did anything to mislead or misrepresent what I thought was the truth and I only acted with the best of objectives. Still, if I have offended or hurt anyone through my participation in this event, you have my deepest apology and have every right to hold it against me. When the truth finally was made known to all of us, I realized that I could only blame myself for not only failing you, but more sadly, failing myself. I must do better. And with God's help and your understanding, I promise I will.

Sincerely,
Donald R. Schmitt

So, are we supposed to believe that Schmitt didn't have a clue?

Uh Huh ....

Decker

Apparently that's the goal. Shoes suddenly seem to be dropping off of feet everywhere in this mess. And look, Paul Kimball even made a brief appearance on the forum. This whole Roswell Slides thing has got lots of legs and many other appendages, some not even bandaged.

Apparently that's the goal. Shoes suddenly seem to be dropping off of feet everywhere in this mess. And look, Paul Kimball even made a brief appearance on the forum. This whole Roswell Slides thing has got lots of legs and many other appendages, some not even bandaged.

Oh, if Paul Kimball made an appearance .. I feel better.

Decker

11218706_747161125396457_5236153676114617712_n.jpg

A Different Perspective

It would seem like I've been here before... Asking my friends and colleagues to accept my sincerest apology for my participation in the recent event in Mexico City. I accept full responsibility for the fact that I allowed myself to be drawn into this situation, albeit with the best of intentions, I sacrificed my better judgement by being overly trusting when I should have known better. As one strives to make up for the mistakes of the past, there are times that emotions cause one to outrun their headlights. In my case, I ran it right off the road. Through the years I have worked hard to earn back your respect and confidence in my work only to presently jeopardize it all. For that I am especially remorseful. I am afraid that after spending almost half of my life devoted to one specific investigation, I allowed the allure of final resolution cloud my skeptical nature to be replaced by a false vision of hope. I now realize that the image in the slides is a mummy as specified by the display placard. At this time I consider the matter concluded and intend on moving forward. My only desire is that you try to understand that I never willfully did anything to mislead or misrepresent what I thought was the truth and I only acted with the best of objectives. Still, if I have offended or hurt anyone through my participation in this event, you have my deepest apology and have every right to hold it against me. When the truth finally was made known to all of us, I realized that I could only blame myself for not only failing you, but more sadly, failing myself. I must do better. And with God's help and your understanding, I promise I will.

Sincerely,
Donald R. Schmitt

So, are we supposed to believe that Schmitt didn't have a clue?

Uh Huh ....

Decker
Whether Schmitt is just blowing smoke I don't know. At least he had the balls to apologize. Something that the others in this mess can't or won't do.

Well Dolan's just going to walk away from it all like nothing ever happened. Nothing ventured nothing gained, he seems to be saying, like he had zero to do with any of it. Mike's poster tells the real story.

Well Dolan's just going to walk away from it all like nothing ever happened. Nothing ventured nothing gained, he seems to be saying, like he had zero to do with any of it. Mike's poster tells the real story.
Saint Richard must feel he can just smile to his fans and then walk away from this sordid business and get back to normal. On to the next speaking engagement!

Last edited:
On the other side, just to play the Devil's lawyer for a second, it is an important faculty we humans have worked many millennia to develop, this thing called seeing things from an exotic perspective, or hallucination. That's cool some people look at a mummy and see an alien. Most of us can entertain that thought for a few minutes, but then we go back to seeing what's really there, the mummy. Somewhere in the hidden world of email correspondence between secret Dream Team operatives things got murky, common sense never kicked in and the mummy stayed in its alien stasis without reverting. Now I'm trying to use the same faculty to see Jaime Maussan as an honest man who was himself tricked into believing something that wasn't true. I'm not doing very well at this. He keeps reverting to conman before he ever really does appear as an honest man. I think I need to try harder.

If Maussan thought he was tricked he should say so. He didn't. He is a con man through and through. The idea that he lost money on this venture is ludicrous. Everyone else connected with this sham have buried their heads and moved on. He continues to defend those slides. Enough said.

I cannot believe he over looked that. A person with his knowledge and research. Baffling

Well, some people lay aside there common sense ... which by the way is no longer common ... and just like that famous poster in Fox Mulder's FBI office ... they Want To Believe. Oh yea, and Bingo ... off to La La Land!

Decker

Yes Don, not only do they want to believe, they need to believe. Please Space Brothers, save the foolish humans from themselves.

Whether Schmitt is just blowing smoke I don't know. At least he had the balls to apologize. Something that the others in this mess can't or won't do.

I don't think it takes balls to apologize in this situation. When people are caught red-handed and exposed in any wrongdoing the natural reaction is to say they are sorry -- please forgive me, the sun was in my eyes, the devil made me do it, whatever.
... with God's help and your understanding ...
Jeezus, give it a rest already, will ya Schmitty?

Yeah he is sorry, sorry he got caught that is. If that placard was not there this would still be going on, even though it's still just a mummy and some people knew damned well it was just a mummy. And all involved would have milked it for all they could.

This field now is so littered with charlatans that I doubt any serious research has a chance of surviving. It makes me sick.

some people look at a mummy and see an alien. Most of us can entertain that thought for a few minutes, but then we go back to seeing what's really there, the mummy.

I'd just point out again the gap between the appearance of the body in the slides and an answer to the question of 'what's really there objectively', which cannot be known without educated forensic examination the body itself (either in the present or, if that has been competently accomplished in the past, by reading the written records of such an examination, likely held in the museum's archives).

Last edited:
I don't think it takes balls to apologize in this situation. When people are caught red-handed and exposed in any wrongdoing the natural reaction is to say they are sorry -- please forgive me, the sun was in my eyes, the devil made me do it, whatever. Jeezus, give it a rest already, will ya Schmitty?

Yeah he is sorry, sorry he got caught that is. If that placard was not there this would still be going on, even though it's still just a mummy and some people knew damned well it was just a mummy. And all involved would have milked it for all they could.

This field now is so littered with charlatans that I doubt any serious research has a chance of surviving. It makes me sick.

"When people are caught red-handed and exposed in any wrongdoing the natural reaction is to say they are sorry."

'Any wrongdoing' covers a lot of territory in this case. Was Schmitt apologizing for an outright hoax or for a failure of due diligence including investigation of the possiblity that the body in the slides could be proved to be the mummy of a human child? Only Tony Bragalia's diligence, after the placard had been de-blurred, tracked the location of the mummy to the Mesa Verde museum. It does appear that this particular mummy was exhibited at some time in the Mesa Verde museum, which if true undoes @George Wingfield's hypothesis that the mummy in the slides is a special effects dummy produced by John Lundberg and his associates.

His hypothesis that Lundberg et al were nevertheless behind the Roswell slides affair itself (and its devolution to an only partially understood scandal) is still just possibly valid if it could be demonstrated that Lundberg's own mirage men had access to the slides before Dew purchased them, and that the mirage men had themselves already tracked the body in the slides to the Mesa Verde museum where it was identified as a child mummy stolen from its burial ground. If this is what happened, the mirage men would also have had to know the origin of the slides in the box of slides formerly in the possession of Hilda Ray. {However, Dew's claim, not proved, that the sister of a friend of his, found the slides ten years ago presents a problem for this interpretation of events. Is that story by Dew a lie?}

The question re Don Schmitt is what the nature of his 'wrongdoing' actually consisted in. If George's mirage men hypothesis is true, is it imaginable that Schmitt (or Carey), having dedicated the last 20 years of their lives to investigating the Roswell event, would knowingly participate in a hoax with the mirage men that would undermine the Roswell case? That is not imaginable for me. It's not even reasonable for me. Therefore, Schmitt's 'wrongdoing' consists in not uncovering the hoax by tracking the mummy in the slides to its exhibition in the Mesa Verde museum. You can call that stupidity (I don't agree) or a failure of 'due diligence' regarding the slides.

Note that we still don't know how the slides came into Dew's possession and thus to the attention of the others involved in investigating the Roswell slides. And note that we still do not know the actual nature of the being shown in the slides, which knowledge would require professional forensic and medical examination of the body itself.

The mystery here is multivalenced.

In all seriousness I knew that the slides were shit, from the announcement of them. I didn't have the evidence yet, but the whole thing smelled from the get go.

I want alien life to be here on earth more than anyone else, but this kind of thing causes more problems than a barrel full of ravenous honey badgers. It makes anyone whose connected to hoaxes like this look awful and it makes anyone with half a brain shudder. The best way to resolve Slidegate is to ignore the perpetrators and accept we might have gotten duped. The last thing is just stop talking about it and go away.

Maybe an old fashioned Amish Shunning.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Back