• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Star Trek Renegades

Wow! New trek? Do I need to brush up on the more recent series first or does it stand alone? I loved all treks up until Enterprise, never got into that one. I am that one guy who liked Star Trek The Motion Picture.

This is fan-made and not official?

PS does anyone know if the new Trek series will be the Quinto universe or the Nimoy universe. If it's the former, meh I'll eventually see it (still haven't seen the second new movie yet). If it's the latter, then I'm excited.

Wow! New trek? Do I need to brush up on the more recent series first or does it stand alone? I loved all treks up until Enterprise, never got into that one. I am that one guy who liked Star Trek The Motion Picture.
Totally, Enterprise wasn't as good as the rest. The Motion Picture had the same antiseptic palette but had the advantage of having DeForest Kelley:p

It's my understanding that J.J. Abrams is basing this new series in an entirely new universe.

The only really negative aspect I've heard about the new series is that, while CBS will be broadcasting the pilot on television, the remainder of the series will only be made available online via their new paid streaming service. Hopefully they find a subsidiary network to broadcast the program or perhaps sell the rights to Netflix.

It's my understanding that J.J. Abrams is basing this new series in an entirely new universe.

The only really negative aspect I've heard about the new series is that, while CBS will be broadcasting the pilot on television, the remainder of the series will only be made available online via their new paid streaming service. Hopefully they find a subsidiary network to broadcast the program or perhaps sell the rights to Netflix.
:( New universe argh I was psyched for it up until now:(

This is fan-made and not official?

PS does anyone know if the new Trek series will be the Quinto universe or the Nimoy universe. If it's the former, meh I'll eventually see it (still haven't seen the second new movie yet). If it's the latter, then I'm excited.

Yes Star Trek Continues is fan made, but it is well made. Continues the original 5 year mission with new actors assuming the original characters.

I'd never run into this Renegades before either. At first I thought I'd seen it already, but the more I watched the more I realized I hadn't, and that there were even some old faces in new scenes, not just mashups. Despite some of its issues, I ended up enjoying it more than I anticipated.

Enterprise with good ole' Scott Bakula was actually pretty good if you were able to follow the story arc. It died just when it was starting to get really good. Unfortunate IMO.

Star Trek The Motion Picture: Fabulous movie. True classic sci-fi :).

I didn't care for this one. In my opinion "Star Trek Continues" is much better.
Star Trek Continues
Oh ya, I remember those. Not bad in their own way either. Personally, I'd like to see something altogether new and in the original Star Trek universe, with a story arc as cool as B5. Naturally I have some ideas ( along with a million other Trekies ... LOL ).

There's a great documentary on the making of Next Generation on Netflix. I think it was already mentioned on this thread. A must for fellow Trekkies.

Back