• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stan Winston dead at 62

Aaron LeClair

Paranormal Maven
I was surprised to see this over at the Bigfoot forums.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2008/06/stan-winston-de.html

Did you know him David?

No, never met him, but a lot of people I knew at ILM had worked with him, and I heard nothing but good things about him... very, very sad. He was a true genius of the craft, and a lot of people looked up to him. I was shocked to hear about his passing.

dB

I thought he was younger than 62.

David, did you work on Terminator 2? Or was it 3? I forget.

Here's some info. on Multiple Myeloma for those interested.
http://www.multiplemyeloma.org/about_myeloma/
It's also linked at the article about his death.

I'll never forget the scene in Jurrasic Park where the kids are hiding out from the 'raptors in the kitchen. One of the 'raptors gets a little impatient and starts tapping it's big toe -- priceless!

Rest in peace, Stan!

PS - Aaron, I didn't know you were spending time over at the Bigfoot forum, too!

What a wonderful gifted and talented artist. My thoughts and condolences to his family. Loved his work especially on Aliens, Jurassic Park and thought he did pretty damn good job directing Pumpkin Head.

Astralis said:
I'll never forget the scene in Jurrasic Park where the kids are hiding out from the 'raptors in the kitchen. One of the 'raptors gets a little impatient and starts tapping it's big toe -- priceless!

Rest in peace, Stan!

PS - Aaron, I didn't know you were spending time over at the Bigfoot forum, too!

Yes, I go there lots. My name is "Touchmymonkey" over there. I read more than post though.

Back