• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stan Friedman joins ThirdDazeofMoon for 2nd time

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
Folks I can't believe this Thirdpdazeofmoon bamboozled Richard Dolan to appear on their youtube channel, and bamboozled David Jacobs, and Roger Leir, and Stan Friedman

Now stan friedman joined ThirdDaze again for a debate against skeptic Robert Shaeffer

The Godfather of ufology, Stanton Friedman debated famed skeptic & debunker Robert Sheaffer on the important topic of are extraterrestrials visiting earth? Moderated by Thirdphaseofmoon founder, Blake Cousins & host Dr. J. Andy Ilias, this debate got heated at times. What do you, the listener believe? Are they here? Have they been?

Someone call STan and tell him he is being duped by serial hoaxers who do more to harm Ufology than help it by this silly debate?

He needs to listen to The Paracast's episode featuring the Twins Who Shall Not Be Named.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

In my opinion they are here and they have been for some time. I just have no idea what "they" might be. Aliens? Beings from a different universe? Time-travellers? Also, I'm sure there are a number of different things these visitors might be that we have not even considered yet

In my opinion they are here and they have been for some time. I just have no idea what "they" might be. Aliens? Beings from a different universe? Time-travellers? Also, I'm sure there are a number of different things these visitors might be that we have not even considered yet

Outstanding post!!!!! I would use more exclaimation marks if I thought it would do any good. So many self important "ufologists" go around claiming that UFOs are THIS. UFOs are THAT. No one knows what a UFO is, where they come from, who is within in them, if anyone is within them whatsoever. Just as soon as you hear someone exclaim that they KNOW ANYTHING about UFOs, know that you are certainly in the company of fools.

It would be most interesting to ask Stanton directly, why exactly he is participating to begin with. Just how are his noble actions forwarding a better understanding of the UFO phenomenon? One more UFO/Alien debate won't solve or change ANYTHING. No matter how heated it gets as it's all phenomenon based. It's just one more useless ego based slug fest. The UFO game is 100% projection, prior to actual identification. With respect for UFOs, either there are no experts whatsoever, or everyone on the planet with a sincere interest in UFOs is an expert.

Good post Pierre!

Outstanding post!!!!! I would use more exclaimation marks if I thought it would do any good. So many self important "ufologists" go around claiming that UFOs are THIS. UFOs are THAT. No one knows what a UFO is, where they come from, who is within in them, if anyone is within them whatsoever. Just as soon as you hear someone exclaim that they KNOW ANYTHING about UFOs, know that you are certainly in the company of fools.

It would be most interesting to ask Stanton directly, why exactly he is participating to begin with. Just how are his noble actions forwarding a better understanding of the UFO phenomenon? One more UFO/Alien debate won't solve or change ANYTHING. No matter how heated it gets as it's all phenomenon based. It's just one more useless ego based slug fest. The UFO game is 100% projection, prior to actual identification. With respect for UFOs, either there are no experts whatsoever, or everyone on the planet with a sincere interest in UFOs is an expert.

Good post Pierre!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you liked my post. It is great fun to speculate where these strange craft might come from, the truth of the matter is that we just do not have the evidence to determine their origin. This little fact frustrates me just as much as any other paranormal enthusiast, but what's the point in jumping to conclusions that only muddies the water of the entire u.f.o. field. Even the greatest most respectable ufologists (Example even Stanton Friedman) seems to be drawing conclusions based on very little evidence that does great harm to the u.f.o. field as a whole. This is the very reason why ufology has made such little progress since the 1940's. There is no organization or governing body in ufology that enforces strict guidelines on how to conduct research/investigation (proper protocols) and something similar to a peer reviewed journal would really be helpful. The question is who in ufology will put there hand up and create such an organization in order for the field to make progress? It's time for the whole field of ufology to unite under one (scientific) banner and get rid of the frauds.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you liked my post. It is great fun to speculate where these strange craft might come from, the truth of the matter is that we just do not have the evidence to determine their origin. This little fact frustrates me just as much as any other paranormal enthusiast, but what's the point in jumping to conclusions that only muddies the water of the entire u.f.o. field. Even the greatest most respectable ufologists (Example even Stanton Friedman) seems to be drawing conclusions based on very little evidence that does great harm to the u.f.o. field as a whole. This is the very reason why ufology has made such little progress since the 1940's. There is no organization or governing body in ufology that enforces strict guidelines on how to conduct research/investigation (proper protocols) and something similar to a peer reviewed journal would really be helpful. The question is who in ufology will put there hand up and create such an organization in order for the field to make progress? It's time for the whole field of ufology to unite under one (scientific) banner and get rid of the frauds.

Pierre,
I could not agree more, right up to the part about the governing body within ufology. Certainly, that is not because of the logic typically employed in systematic fashion within great and effective institution based scientific discovery processes either. It's because in the case of "UFO", the phenomenology damage has already been done. Mankind has reached the sentient level within it's evolution where it can look back upon it's own history and determine how in times not too distantly past that it's own species attributed completely different contextually derived meanings/definitions to UFOs that their primitive observations must have tainted falsely, correct? Pierre, can I ask you something? Just kind of leaning over and whispering..."WTF makes them think we got it right now?" I'll tell you why, it's because of the single most destructive force on planet Earth, Mankind's ego.

Therefore it is back through and out this same window of endless perceptual mistakes that mankind logically must venture in an effort to understand not just some intangible, visually observed and experienced endless rabbit hole of possibilities, but rather the theater that truly inspires all his all too perpetuated painful mysteries, consciousness itself.

If at this time, mankind can scientifically demonstrate that the act of human observation alone, or interactive with matter agencies yet to be identified or understood, does indeed influence matter on a physical level, then how the hell can we possibly understand the phenomenal when it's solely based on observation alone? We MUST understand the consciousness/material relationship if we are to ever understand the phenomenal. This is so astounding a field of speculative considerations and theoretical applications at this time IMO, it literally relegates UFOs to a grain of sand on the beach of consciousness possibility.

So you see my new friend Pierre, BTW, VERY glad to meet you, it's not so much a matter of present organizational refinement IMO, as it would seem a matter of true necessity, that we throw the "ufology" book out that same aforementioned window, completely.

The problem is that right now, we got WAY too many hands up in the air already. Everybody's got the answers and most are coming to us via a flavor of their favorite science fiction reruns.

Wanna get rid of the frauds? Make "ufology" a nonprofessional sport. Define it for what it really is, an aspect of phenomenological consideration, and nothing more. Then watch all the enthusiasts running and screaming away from their favorite matinee version of "ufology". Once that little spectacle dies down, maybe UFOs, and a myriad of other exceptional unexplained phenomena as well, could truly take a respectful seat within the halls of legitimate scientific consideration. Until then, enjoy the comic books. Like I stated, the damage has been done. It's imprinted upon all our ufological memories. Thank you so much, MR. Don (comic book) Keyhoe.

Thinking about it now I must agree with you, its too late for ufology to gain credibility and respect in the scientific and media circles, too much damage has already been done. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, this is something these so called expert ufologist seems to forget time and time again. Every little thing they do and say is geared towards generating profit it some form in another. If these ufo researchers really care about what they do then why do they always publish there findings in a book to generate profit instead of making there research available for free on the internet? This takes away a lot of credibility even if the work is properly researched and presented in a logical and consistent fashion (which is very rare in the 1st place).

Pierre,

I don't disagree with you - but to tell you the truth, if I see that "extraordinary proof" quote one more bleedin' time; I'm going to need a wet pack and a 55-gallon drum of sedative. :eek:

Also, I think that the reason why some (OK, most) authors charge for what they've discovered, is for the same reason that you and I do the 9-to-5 (or whatever) - it pays the bills. Not everyone who does research has a trust fund to fall back on (more's the pity). That being said, I do have a problem with some of the charlatans out there - you can guess most of the names, I'm sure.

One thing that still makes me nuts is the fact that proponents of the idea that ET is "at home" - and trying to phone here - are SO respectable that they can get a mess of grants from the government, and yet more from academia & other private sources; while those of us who entertain the possibility that he just might be here already get 'bupkes'. Example: Steven Spielberg gave the SETI folks $100,000 after his 1977 "Close Encounters" movie came out, while the UFO research community got... a short cameo of Dr. Hynek in the film. Not one red cent monetarily.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Good post Pierre!

Nice post as well Jeff.

Over the years that I have been interested in this subject I have learned far more about humans and human nature than I have about UFO's

Years ago I "put up my hand" ( as Pierre suggested above ) and created USI ( Ufology Society International ), but the sad fact of the matter is that my experience has shown me that individual members of the ufology community are more interested in promoting their own personal agendas ( and the products based on them ) than establishing a solid and unified foundation based on defensible principles with a view to learning the truth. Popularity and/or sales, and securing the success of those things appears to take precedence. The rest consist of armchair ufologists and people with little or no active participation.

Pierre suggests a "scientific banner" for unification, however for a number of reasons that is inadvisable. Ufology is far too wide a subject for science alone to handle, and therefore trying to jam it into a scientific model only invites accusations of pseudoscience. Consider the cultural aspect alone, which includes journalism, art, and entertainment, none of which are sciences in the academic sense, and yet they play a significant role in the history of the subject, a facet of ufology which is very important, but also not a science. For a more complete explanation see the article on the USI website
here.

Still, I appreciate Pierre's sentiment for a scientific mindset, and fully support the use of genuine and independent scientific analysis when it can be done according to the rules that are acceptable to the scientific community. For example when an astronomer is asked for the position of Venus at the time an object in a UFO report was seen, or when a metallurgist is asked to provide the composition of an unknown alloy. However scientists drawing unfounded conclusions from those results, especially as ufologists themselves, is in my opinion questionable, perhaps even a conflict of interest. Although someone may be a genuine scientist, and a living legend in the ufology community, that isn't sufficient to be certain that specific claims are true ( e.g. aliens from the Pleiades are here ). All we can be reasonably sure of is that alien visitation in a non-specific sense is true, but like Pierre says, we don't know exactly where they're from, or what their purpose or agenda is.

On the issue of progress, and the perception that ufology has made very little progress since the 1940s; that perception depends on how one defines progress. Do we mean progress convincing people that alien visitation is a reality by securing publicly verifiable material scientific evidence? If that's the case, we haven't made any progress at all. However if progress means having enough witnesses who because of the logical and intelligent analysis of their experience have concluded with reasonable certainty that what they saw was a UFO ( alien craft ), then we've made significant progress. Those witnesses don't need scientists or politicians or anyone else ( including me ) to give them a stamp of approval, and those who refuse to believe that such cases exist, are either uninformed or in a state of denial.

Last edited:
Over the years that I have been interested in this subject I have learned far more about humans and human nature than I have about UFO's
Yeah, I wanted to echo the same sentiment as Vance.

This forum is the epitome of learning about human nature, and that's probably what UFO's are here for - to make us think...about each other.

...and that's probably what UFO's are here for - to make us think...about each other.

If that is true then we are living in a zoo or laboratory of some sort. If non-human intelligences are trying to manipulate human consciousness or social interaction on some level then we are most likely the resources being exploited by the incredibly expensive and complex effort evidenced by the UFO phenomenon over the hundreds, perhaps thousands of years it has been operation.

If true, our significance could be no greater than a specialized breed of laboratory animal utilized in research unrelated to the test subject itself. We experiment with numerous species in research that isn't meant in any way to benefit the species being used, but rather ourselves. Therefore the probability of us having the capacity to comprehend the situation seems unlikely (the lab rat may comprehend the maze, but cannot understand what the maze is for) and could explain why we have not solved the UFO problem.

Probably the best UFO conundrum theory I've heard in a decade. That sure leaves us out in the cold, dark rain without an umbrella, without a map, compass or even a sense of direction, well except to be able to repeat our Sisyphean maze.

In this scenario does it make the sun = to the cheese?

Probably the best UFO conundrum theory I've heard in a decade. That sure leaves us out in the cold, dark rain without an umbrella, without a map, compass or even a sense of direction, well except to be able to repeat our Sisyphean maze.

Back to Lovecraftian nightmare scenarios of indifferent alien gods.

All hail Yog Sothoth!

Yog-Sothoth.jpg

Back