• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalking the Herd *UPDATE*

Several researchers told me they would be interested in reading pre-publication versions of Stalking the Herd and they offered to send along their impressions. I must say that I am humbled by the initial comments and sincerely hope that this book lives up to all of our expectations... No book on this subject of humankind's relationship w/ cattle has EVER sold well (except maybe Jeremy Rifkin's 1992 expose Beyond Beef) and I can only hope that STH will be embraced and appreciated by those who truly want to know about the hidden aspects of our 'relationship' with bovines (and other livestock). I am proud of the amount of qualified information and documentation that I will present that examines this 'closet' subject lurking on that dark, bloody shelf in the cultural closet.

At the risk of sounding a bit self-serving, ;) here are the first three pre-publication peer-reviews (more to follow):

Christopher O'Brien is one of those rare researchers who leaves no stones unturned in search of the truth. Stalking the Herd is a monumental work demonstrating that mysterious cattle and animal mutilations are deeply embedded in human history, with some very strange and shocking twists. O'Brien sets a new bar on the subject, lifting it beyond the ufology arena that has confined it for too long. There are still UFO connections aplenty here, but much more. This is a superb work, and O'Brien has done an amazing job pulling together a mountain of information.
—Rosemary Ellen Guiley, author, The Djinn Connection

Finally, we have the definitive study and expose of the disturbing phenomenon of animal mutilations. Informative, eye-opening, unbiased and terrifying in its implications, Stalking the Herd is not just recommended reading, it's absolutely vital reading. After digesting its pages, you may never want to eat a [*antibiotic-laden, hormone infused, industrialized patty of beef protein] ham***ger again. [*legal department edit :eek:]
—Nick Redfern, author, The Real Men in Black.

I so respect and admire Christopher O'Brien for his decades of exploring the cattle mutilation enigma in many "mysterious valleys." His excellent Stalking the Herd is a highly-documented, totally fascinating research report. Carefully, painstakingly, he analyzes every theory for the phenomena--E.T's, Satanists, mad scientists, natural predators, and scavengers with preternatural skills.
The solution O'Brien offers in conclusion may leave the readers somewhat startled as he explores a dark closet of American culture.
—Brad Steiger, author, Real Encounters, Different Dimensions, and Otherworldly Beings.

Several researchers told me they would be interested in reading pre-publication versions of Stalking the Herd and they offered to send along their impressions. I must say that I am humbled by the initial comments and sincerely hope that this book lives up to all of our expectations... No book on this subject of humankind's relationship w/ cattle has EVER sold well (except maybe Jeremy Rifkin's 1992 expose Beyond Beef) and I can only hope that STH will be embraced and appreciated by those who truly want to know about the hidden aspects of our 'relationship' with bovines (and other livestock). I am proud of the amount of qualified information and documentation that I will present that examines this 'closet' subject lurking on that dark, bloody shelf in the cultural closet.

At the risk of sounding a bit self-serving, ;) here are the first three pre-publication peer-reviews (more to follow):

Christopher O'Brien is one of those rare researchers who leaves no stones unturned in search of the truth. Stalking the Herd is a monumental work demonstrating that mysterious cattle and animal mutilations are deeply embedded in human history, with some very strange and shocking twists. O'Brien sets a new bar on the subject, lifting it beyond the ufology arena that has confined it for too long. There are still UFO connections aplenty here, but much more. This is a superb work, and O'Brien has done an amazing job pulling together a mountain of information.
—Rosemary Ellen Guiley, author, The Djinn Connection

Finally, we have the definitive study and expose of the disturbing phenomenon of animal mutilations. Informative, eye-opening, unbiased and terrifying in its implications, Stalking the Herd is not just recommended reading, it's absolutely vital reading. After digesting its pages, you may never want to eat a [*antibiotic-laden, hormone infused, industrialized patty of beef protein] ham***ger again. [*legal department edit :eek:]
—Nick Redfern, author, The Real Men in Black.

I so respect and admire Christopher O'Brien for his decades of exploring the cattle mutilation enigma in many "mysterious valleys." His excellent Stalking the Herd is a highly-documented, totally fascinating research report. Carefully, painstakingly, he analyzes every theory for the phenomena--E.T's, Satanists, mad scientists, natural predators, and scavengers with preternatural skills.
The solution O'Brien offers in conclusion may leave the readers somewhat startled as he explores a dark closet of American culture.
—Brad Steiger, author, Real Encounters, Different Dimensions, and Otherworldly Beings.

Really looking forward to reading the finished work Chris

Good News Chris, not to be trite but do you have any say in what section the book would be found in a Bookstore ? What section would you like to set it in given that it transcends several fields ?

Good News Chris, not to be trite but do you have any say in what section the book would be found in a Bookstore ? What section would you like to set it in given that it transcends several fields ?
That's a really good question. It could sit in several sections, and you are right in that it does cross over into four of five different subject areas. Unfortunately, authors have no say where their book will be placed in a particular bookstore. I'm fairly certain that Amazon will probably place it in the "controversial knowledge" section, but we'll have to wait and see.

What's with the legal department edit of the word 'hamburger' in Redfern's comments?
Just a joke. Ask Oprah about her comment on her show that she would "never eat another hamburger again." That was when the ranching community slapped her with a $1 billion lawsuit. After $1 million in legal fees, she won a judgement that beat the frivolous case, but kept a bunch of lawyers busy for several months. Last time I checked with Gene, I don't have a spare mil sitting around for legal rainy days, so discretion is the better part of valor, as they say... :eek:

Chris,
I hope you give Gene and all of us here on the Paracast the first interview when you are ready for your book tour. ;)

Back