• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Special Offers! Anyone Interested in This?

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
While unpacking some old boxes, I ran across a smattering of UFO-related material. So there are old issues of Fate and Ray Palmer's Flying Saucers.

But the most interesting morsel was a copy of the infamous annotated edition of "The Case for the UFO" by M.K. Jessup. This is the curious Varo edition annotated with the source material for the Philadelphia Experiment legend by Carl Allen, who used the pseudonym Carlos Allende.

Although the book has been republished by New Saucerian, the version I have is an original, published by Gray Barker and sent to me in 1973.

It's in pretty good shape (see photo).

IMG_0225.jpg W

Don't know if anyone cares, but if you do, I'll offer it, free, to the first person who signs up for a lifetime membership of The Paracast+.

If you're not the first, you'll still receive three eBooks, two from Chris ("Secrets of the Mysterious Valley" and "Stalking the Tricksters" and one from me and my son, "Attack of the Rockoids."

I'll be watching for the orders. :D

While unpacking some old boxes, I ran across a smattering of UFO-related material. So there are old issues of Fate and Ray Palmer's Flying Saucers.

But the most interesting morsel was a copy of the infamous annotated edition of "The Case for the UFO" by M.K. Jessup. This is the curious Varo edition annotated with the source material for the Philadelphia Experiment legend by Carl Allen, who used the pseudonym Carlos Allende.

Although the book has been republished by New Saucerian, the version I have is an original, published by Gray Barker and sent to me in 1973.

It's in pretty good shape (see photo).

IMG_0225.jpg W

Don't know if anyone cares, but if you do, I'll offer it, free, to the first person who signs up for a lifetime membership of The Paracast+.

If you're not the first, you'll still receive three eBooks, two from Chris ("Secrets of the Mysterious Valley" and "Stalking the Tricksters" and one from me and my son, "Attack of the Rockoids."

I'll be watching for the orders. :D

Very cool :cool:. I wish I had the dough so I could ad it to the library, but I need new tires more :(. The Paracast + is worth it alone, this is over the top! Nice find :) !

That comes from knowing Gray Barker for a couple of decades. I probably have other stuff packed away, and I'll be going through more old boxes in he next few weeks. It's the nice thing that comes out of a move. Lot of junk to throw away.

In that case, someone is going to receive a rare piece of UFO history along with a lifetime membership of Paracast Plus.

That’s a very attractive offer. In fact, so attractive that I wouldn’t blame you if you ended up changing your mind.

That's pretty tempting. Unfortunately, I too am in the market for some tires, and for my wife's car which is harder to put off. Especially with winter coming. Nice find there, Gene. Lots of real characters involved with that book.

More goodies: Several dozen issues of "Fantastic Universe" magazine, a pulp publication from the 1950s. Many were edited by Hans Stefan Santesson, a noted editor and writer who had some level of involvement in the UFO field. He lectured before Jim Moseley's group from time to time in the 1960s.

I got these magazines years ago from the late Yonah Fortner, quite a character in his time.

I can catalog the issues when I have a chance, but they are in pretty decent condition for 60-year-old zines. If anyone is interested, let me know. On eBay, many issues are in the $4.00 to $10.00 range, and it's enough, I suppose, to warrant another gift for a lifetime subscription.

If you plan on ordering a lifetime Paracast+ subscription, please let me know first, and which options you'd like.

Mr. Steinberg, I am part of a Yahoo group that collects, scans, and archives pulps- so if they head our way, more good will come of it than it going to any single collector. I'll post and see if there is interest in these...

OK, the "Fantastic Universe" collection may be near complete. I count 90-100 issues (with some duplicates). This is definitely worth special attention.

Oh, well... Seems we're only needing maybe five or 10 to finish our collection, so won't be getting these. Whoever does get them, I'll invite to our group so they can enjoy thousands of pulps!

Well, the offer stands then. The collection of well-kept issues of "Fantastic Universe" for a lifetime subscription to Paracast+.

Or the original Gray Barker version of the annotated "The Case for the UFO."

If you want either, send me a private message first to confirm it's available, and I'll reserve for you. Thanks.

One more:

"The Coming of the Saucers" from Kenneth Arnold and Ray Palmer. This is the Legend Press edition that sells for $24.95 at Amazon. Nearly perfect condition. Free with a lifetime subscription to The Paracast+.

IMG_0234.jpg

I have lots of cartons to check over as we unpack. More stuff's coming. But this is all first come, first served, so send me a message before subscribing so I can reserve the item you want for you.

I'm also not weighing the relative value of each item I'm offering as a free premium. They are separate packages, period. They mean something to some of you, and not so much to others.

I'm guessing that Gene has a pretty good archive, what is more telling is that the cover for "The Coming of the Saucers" is imaged with a flying wing and not the normal pie tin shape that is traditionally thought of :)

That book cover is the original. There's a later version with something that had nothing to do with Ray Palmer's vision for the book. Remember that only the first part contained Arnold's story. The rest was a slapdash summary from Palmer of UFO sightings of the era.

I have about 30 cartons to rummage through before I'm done. Most don't have UFO-related stuff, but some do. I uncovered two perfectly functional cassette recorders, so if I manage to find some of my old interviews, I'll try to put them in usable form for Paracast+ subscribers.

The Fantastic Universe collection is sold.

I still have the Gray Barker reprint of "The Case for the UFO" and the Arnold/Palmer book, "The Coming of the Saucers." You can choose one or the other with a lifetime Paracast+ subscription. Please send me a private message if you wish one or the other before you place an order. Thanks.

OK, the Varo book is now spoken for.

I still have "The Coming of the Saucers" to offer as a premium for a lifetime subscription to The Paracast+.

And I haven't finished combing through the garage for other stuff. I'll have more to offer for lifetime subscribers soon I think.

Back