• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Special Listener Roundtable Request!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
We are splitting this weekend's episode into two parts. The first will feature author Ryan Skinner (check the Question Bank thread that'll be up by the time you rad this) for the first half of the show, and a listener discussion panel for the second.

If you'd like to have a crack at being on The Paracast, this is the time to volunteer. Just open a private conversation with me, and I'll get back to you right away.

The recording session is scheduled at noon Pacific, Thursday, June 26.

We are splitting this weekend's episode into two parts. The first will feature author Ryan Skinner (check the Question Bank thread that'll be up by the time you rad this) for the first half of the show, and a listener discussion panel for the second.

If you'd like to have a crack at being on The Paracast, this is the time to volunteer. Just open a private conversation with me, and I'll get back to you right away.

The recording session is scheduled at noon Pacific, Thursday, June 26.

Is this your first time dividing the interview in two? It may possibly open new vistas.

We used to feature two guests all the time in the first few months back in 2006, and there have been episodes where a second portion involved a discussion of the first. What this may mean is letting the listeners stay online during the first part, but not participating. We'll see how it flies — or just let the second part deal with other subjects, which may be easier.

I do have a suggestion for these listener roundtables. There may be a number of people that wouldn't mind being on, even erractic posters, but perhaps the typical recording time interferes with their work week schedule (including sleep for those overseas members). Perhaps In the future you could record a session on a weekend and just save it. That way you have a show in the bag just in case you get stymied for a guest appearance on a given week.

We used to feature two guests all the time in the first few months back in 2006, and there have been episodes where a second portion involved a discussion of the first. What this may mean is letting the listeners stay online during the first part, but not participating. We'll see how it flies — or just let the second part deal with other subjects, which may be easier.

I've been doing that lately. Not because it was some sort of brilliant inspiration, but just that I found that most interviews when edited down to their essence are about 20-30 minutes long, so 2 of them fit into our roughly 1 hour shows.

I have to admit we've had a guest from time to time that might have been best suited for 30 minutes, but the long form seems to work out well for us. We try our best to provide a useful buffer between the ads. :D

I have to admit we've had a guest from time to time that might have been best suited for 30 minutes, but the long form seems to work out well for us. We try our best to provide a useful buffer between the ads. :D

I mainly listen for the ads, so I can be healthy and wealthy and prepared for any disaster.... :rolleyes:

One of the advertisers once sent me a big box of survival food. I ate some of it, and the rest failed to survive a large move across town. But I should have rethought the decision not to take it along, since it would have helped when finances were so short we couldn't afford the groceries. :)

Question for Ryan ( RyGyWA)
Where in Sam Hill is Ward ?

I haven't a clue. Sometimes things in life can take you in other directions. Of what I have no idea, but he could be dealing with something or working alot.

I think if something bad happened or he was ill that Don would have heard by now because Ward's father stays in contact with Don and called DMR once or twice.

damn it I would love to..

It will be Friday here for me and I have one hell of a day to deal with, some day all of the planets are going to line up right when you have one of these shows and I am going to get the chance to do one.

Hope you guys have a great show (it will be).

Back