• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So is Todd Standing the equivalent of Billy Meier when it comes to Bigfoot?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I'm no bigfoot expert. But I know some. And it seems that from what I've learned, that Todd Standing is totally bogus. He's submitted "genuine" closeup bigfoot footage. But as one can usually tell, it is clearly CG & practical effects. I've also read that his sister works in the effects industry? I'm not sure how valid that is but either way doesn't change the fact of his awful footage that he tried passing off as real.

I watch that survival show with Les Stroud. Les seems like a really genuine guy which makes me wonder why he would pair up with a known fraud like Standing? Les makes it clear that he is super skeptical and thinks Standing sets up some of these scenes himself. Like trees broke is odd positions and then claims its bigfoot sending them a warning to get out of the area, etc.

I just couldn't help to make the connection that Standing reminds me of B. Meier. He has tons of followers, video "evidence" and is really popular.

I'm no bigfoot expert. But I know some. And it seems that from what I've learned, that Todd Standing is totally bogus. He's submitted "genuine" closeup bigfoot footage. But as one can usually tell, it is clearly CG & practical effects. I've also read that his sister works in the effects industry? I'm not sure how valid that is but either way doesn't change the fact of his awful footage that he tried passing off as real.

I watch that survival show with Les Stroud. Les seems like a really genuine guy which makes me wonder why he would pair up with a known fraud like Standing? Les makes it clear that he is super skeptical and thinks Standing sets up some of these scenes himself. Like trees broke is odd positions and then claims its bigfoot sending them a warning to get out of the area, etc.

I just couldn't help to make the connection that Standing reminds me of B. Meier. He has tons of followers, video "evidence" and is really popular.
I'm no expert either but he appears to be yet another individual who brings ridicule and justified scepticism to the paranormal field.

People want to believe. Whether it is ufos or Bigfoot. Some will put aside their critical thinking skills when it comes to certain subjects.
I know what you mean. I've been studying UFO's since 1979 and for the first time (in April) I went to a local UFO meeting group. It's been around like 25 years and I figured was valid. Soon as it started, the head honcho that runs it was showing known fraud/hoax photo's and passing them around the room and then telling us all about how real they are. I knew right then and there I was in a room with mostly nut-bags including the guy running it. A few people seemed nice enough and reached out to me and were welcoming, but I couldn't drive the 45 minutes to get there again. It was filled with too much bogus crap. I was embarrassed to be there.

I know what you mean. I've been studying UFO's since 1979 and for the first time (in April) I went to a local UFO meeting group. It's been around like 25 years and I figured was valid. Soon as it started, the head honcho that runs it was showing known fraud/hoax photo's and passing them around the room and then telling us all about how real they are. I knew right then and there I was in a room with mostly nut-bags including the guy running it. A few people seemed nice enough and reached out to me and were welcoming, but I couldn't drive the 45 minutes to get there again. It was filled with too much bogus crap. I was embarrassed to be there.
Similarly I recently went to an all night vigil at a "haunted" mansion with a reputable paranormal group and a number of people who paid around £40 to witness the activity.I was staggered by the gullibility of the paying public and the sub amateur theatrics of the paranormal group and their leader who could talk to the dead!!.It ended up being hilariously bad and just reinforced my belief that any serious study of the unknown is blighted by the fakes and the phoneys.

Why is meldrum supporting his claims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$ (money)

Here is what Kathy Strain had to say about this:

fallout1.JPG

just in case anyone has not seen standings faker than fake videos here is one:

What a crock of shyte!

Last edited:
Similarly I recently went to an all night vigil at a "haunted" mansion with a reputable paranormal group and a number of people who paid around £40 to witness the activity.I was staggered by the gullibility of the paying public and the sub amateur theatrics of the paranormal group and their leader who could talk to the dead!!.It ended up being hilariously bad and just reinforced my belief that any serious study of the unknown is blighted by the fakes and the phoneys.
Sounds just like my experience. And I was so badly wanting it to be valid figuring it would give me something positive to do once a month.

Is this over in England where your event was?

$ (money)

fallout1.JPG

What a crock of shyte!
If I was a hoaxer, I would be embarrassed to submit this as authentic. Now if I were submitting it to Disney to show what I could make them for an animatronic for one of their new rides, that's different.

Good question,Meldrum always struck me as being honest,professional and level headed.The complete opposite of my opinion of Standing.
That was my opinion on Meldrum also. After I saw him a few times on the Discovery channel (and others) I thought to myself "Now here's an honest, intelligent, well spoken guy that wants to get to the bottom of what bigfoot is."

Just over the border in Wales a place called Plas Teg.The house itself was magnificent the paranormal group not so much!.Have a look at Plas Teg online it has a colourful history.

I had a brief look online and my first thought was there must have been some great parties back in the day! and lo "It was built by Sir John Trevor I in about 1610; it was here that this eminent courtier expressed his worldly aspirations and social standings through the grandeur of his private residence, which undoubtedly was used for sumptuous entertaining."*

I am too much of a scardy cat to go ghost hunting, but the building itself I would love to visit.
whilst writing this I was reminded of going to visit Hampton court on a school trip and the entire group saw an "apparition" in a window (including me) but it was a long way up and could have been just a person......

I used google translate and "plas teg" translates as "fair mansion" (Welsh to English)

*(source): BBC - Plas Teg: Exploring the hall's history

I had a brief look online and my first thought was there must have been some great parties back in the day! and lo "It was built by Sir John Trevor I in about 1610; it was here that this eminent courtier expressed his worldly aspirations and social standings through the grandeur of his private residence, which undoubtedly was used for sumptuous entertaining."*

I am too much of a scardy cat to go ghost hunting, but the building itself I would love to visit.
whilst writing this I was reminded of going to visit Hampton court on a school trip and the entire group saw an "apparition" in a window (including me) but it was a long way up and could have been just a person......

I used google translate and "plas teg" translates as "fair mansion" (Welsh to English)

*(source): BBC - Plas Teg: Exp.loring the hall's history
They have daytime tours for the timid.Lol.It really is impressive,it's owned by an American lady who lives there alone.Brave lady.

No I am afraid that Dr Meldrum is supporting it:

"I have been challenged and badgered to respond to the criticisms aimed at Todd Standings images. So today I set things aside and wrote a quick and dirty response to Falconer and Poling report. I still have not drawn a conclusion myself, but I am certainly not convinced by their arguments that these are definitely hoaxed. I continue to be dismayed by the tenuous arguments and baseless certitude by so many on this. A lot more work needs to be done.
Let me reiterate — neither my visit to Nordegg for a few days, nor my co-hosting, what I thought turned out to be a very interesting radio show, constitute an endorsement of everything else that Todd has done. I am still considering the evidence. – Dr. Jeff Meldrum"

Make sure to take a look at the link:

Dr. Jeff Meldrum Uses Science To Explain Todd Standing's Blinking Bigfoot (Video) | Paranormal

'Still considering the evidence' really drives it home. We are about to witness a bigfoot in a block of ice in March I recon, samples can't be taken. What is it with these clowns ?

$ (money)

fallout1.JPG

What a crock of shyte!

i know his videos of "animatronic coconut heads" are shite but still can't get over Meldrums decision to run with this ?... i know money is a option but can't see it being that big a pay check to be honest seems weird

Looks more like ANIMATRONIC COCONUT HEADS lol

Back