• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Skeptics weird experience?

Jeffrey

Paranormal Novice
Hello, I will start off by saying that i am a very logical person. I'm fascinated by the paranormal but, I see a logical explanation for most phenomenons. I am a left brain person and ask questions rather then jump to conclusions but, what happened me on this night has no explanation. I am not an enthusiastic nor a nutcase, everything i describe will be 100% 1st hand account of what happened that night.

It was an early Saturday morning 4am approx. I was on my way home from a friends where i was after having one glass of wine. The sky was dark blue as the sun was coming up in less then two hours. There were no cars on the road, it was like a ghost town. I live in a small city in Ireland and my house was just off a main road where 1000's of cars pass hourly. The house was detached with a garage of approx 15ft on the side. The house was built on a very old graveyard that was still active but, had been sectioned off before my house was built. Every night i would drive my car halfway up my driveway hill and apply the hand break. i would then get out and using the lights from the car to find the key and open the garage lock. This night was no different, I repeated my usual routine. After i had pulled the garage door open i walked back to the car, started the ignition and drove in to my garage. I parked the car and stepped out. I pushed the door shut and walked towards the garage door. I briefly looked out, and continued shutting the door. I took the key from my pocket and locked the door. I began to walk slowly towards the back door of the garage when i heard the lock shudder. I was no more then halfway down the garage when i heard this. My car had been robbed previously and i picked up a steel pipe from the counter top and told myself that,"This ends tonight". The lock then started to sway viciously, I was startled by the force. My skin began to chill and my face grew numb. It suddenly stopped. and so did I. (THIS IS THE STRANGE PART). While i was stood there with a terrified but, baffled look on my face i heard, BOOM BOOM, on the roof. It was the sound of two feet. they did not land side by side but one first then another. What ever this was had just jumped 15ft from a stand still. It weighted no less then 400ibs. At this point something inside me told me i did not want to stay around to see what it was or i may never see my family again. I began to sprint for the back door. What ever it was also started to run. The steps it took were so heavy i can still remember them vividly. I got to the back door and kicked it off its hinges and ran for the back door of my house which was less then a meter from the garage door. I pulled my house door open and without closing it I turned on all the spot lights out back and ran upstairs to look out but, I could not see anything out of the ordinary.

I woke up the next day and went straight down the stairs and out the back. I got out my ladder and went up onto the roof. I knew by the weight of it's foot steps that, it had to have ripped the roof as it was not tiles but sheet metal. I found not one shred of evidence that there had been anything on the roof. I was shocked, I couldn't digest it in my head. It wasn't logical, and why did it choose to get me! What really scared me is, it's like it knew to rattle the lock so i would walk towards the front of the garage then, cut me off at the back door. I really cannot interpret what this was. I know it was not normal, my instincts kicked in and i was told to run or i was not going to make it out of there alive!

Wow,that's quite an event. This reminds me of other episodes I have read about.Not really like your strange occurrence other than a similarity in that an apparent noise was heard but there were no indications of there having been heavy feet on the metal roof.No dents.
The similarity that I mention is related to the apparent ability of certain entities to "manufacture" what we perceive as sound. Other examples include hearing footsteps in an attic or voices. If it had really happened the roof would have shown the results of it.

It did have the ability to make the lock shake,so it has some control over the physical and seems to manipulate our aural centers in interesting ways. If something on the roof was a reality why wasn't there damage to the roof? Thanks for sharing the story.

Back