• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

SETI jamming?

cjc3636

Paranormal Novice
Mea culpa if this is in the wrong place, this is my first post. But I heard about this from a CNET podcast of general tech news and could find nothing about it either debunking or confirming it:

http://digg.com/space/SETI_has_made_ET_contact

It links to a video supposedly from a SETI conference. The claim is that SETI has made contact but the signal on subsequent attempts to listen has been jammed from an Earth based source.

Love Paracast! I lean toward skepticism, but the Paracast is the most balanced approach to the paranormal I've heard. Light-years ahead of certain "sea-to-sea" overnight radio shows!

regards,

cjc3636

FROM WIKIPEDIA entry on Steven Greer:

SETI Makes Alien Contact?
On May 9, 2006 in Toronto, Steven M. Greer said that SETI had made contact with extraterrestrials, and that the signals were being jammed by either the NSA or NRO. [10]

We have confirmation - and I'm not going to give the name yet because we are trying to coax this guy out of the closet - but one of the senior most people in the SETI project, which is the Carl Sagan Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Effort, has confirmed to the Disclosure Project, this is one of the senior most people, that they have received multiple extraterrestrial signals ... but that now they are getting external human, probably NRO (National Reconnaissance Office) or NSA jamming of those signals and they are getting very frustrated. The question is why hasn't the SETI project, funded by Paul Allen whose the co-founder of Microsoft, come forward with this information? I'm a little uncomfortable even mentioning this, except for the fact that the public needs to know that this effort, which has received a great deal of mainstream media attention, has actually confirmed to us from two inside sources that they have received extraterrestrial signals and have confirmed them as being extraterrestrial and that they have become increasing in frequency.

I feel duped. If nothing further to discuss on this, let this topic drop. It's now evident to me to be old information picked up by digg.

Hi cjc3636,

Its very hard to confirm or refute such rumors, because much of this comes to down to who you want to believe.

I suppose that the powers that be, could block signals if they wanted to. Why would they do such a thing?

Maybe they feel the cat would be out of the bag, and knock down the house of cards so to speak.

They might feel it would lead to an escalation of information, and the final truth would be revealed. This would be a bad thing if they have a lot to lose by letting the world know the reality of ET.

If I was a SETI person, id be shouting this information from the rooftops, id release the information everywhere - video sharing sites, newspapers , you name it. Perhaps they have been roughed up a bit not to tell what they know. Families threatened etc.

Trouble is like most of ufology, its a lot of speculation and chatter etc. I'm a believer in the UFO reality, but its so difficult sometimes to reach any kind of conclusion about whats going on.

One thing Ive picked up on is when people are getting near the truth, all sorts of strange things seem to happen. Peoples personality changes, all kinds of agency's pop up out of the woodwork etc.

idontunderstand said:
If I was a SETI person, id be shouting this information from the rooftops, id release the information everywhere - video sharing sites, newspapers , you name it. Perhaps they have been roughed up a bit not to tell what they know. Families threatened etc.

It's possible, certainly. One can only imagine the lengths the government goes to in order to keep lesser matters underneath the public radar.

The thing that I don't understand is this, because I believe strongly in human magnanimity. The discovery of extra-terrestrial intelligence would have to resonate deeply within someone, to the point where the want to share it with the world would necessarily drive them to overcome any obstacle in their way. I'd like to believe that one person, somewhere, with access to the kind of information we imagine to be out there, would do this, and not just wait until after they're retired and it's 60 years down the line from some event (i.e. Roswell).

Back