• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sean David Morton... Fugitive From Justice!

ChrisJohnsen

Paranormal Adept
The story keeps getting better. First he and his wife were convicted on an approximate combined total of 57 counts, then prosecutors recommend 87 months in his sentencing hearing on Monday, June 19th, which he did NOT show up for, which will inevitably result in, when he is eventually captured, even more jail time. Karma, baby!

ufowatchdog.com: Bunk Psychic Absconds from Criminal Sentencing

From the U.S. government's statement on the April 7, 2017 convictions...

LOS ANGELES – A federal jury this afternoon convicted a Hermosa Beach couple of a host of charges related to their participation in a scheme that filed fraudulent tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service seeking millions of dollars in refunds and used bogus financial instruments as a way to pay off debt.

Sean David Morton, 58, and his wife, Melissa Ann Morton, 50, each were convicted of one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States, two counts each of filing false claims against the United States, and various counts of passing false or fictitious financial instruments (specifically, 26 counts against Sean Morton, and 25 counts against Melissa Morton).

On the fourth day of trial, the jury heard closing arguments and deliberated for approximately two hours before issuing the guilty verdicts.

Last edited:
The story keeps getting better. First he and his wife are found guilty on 56 counts, then prosecutors recommend 87 months in his sentencing hearing, which was Monday, June 19th, which he did NOT show up for, inevitably resulting in, when he is captured, even more jail time. Karma, baby!
I guess he didn't see that comin' =D

Today, a mere 20 minutes ago (8:30am PST), while still a fugitive from justice, SDM set up a GoFundMe page for his wife to the tune of $8,000 to cover her moving costs and expenses and tweeted his followers about it! Yet she is scheduled to be sentenced to many years in prison in late July. You cannot make this shit up.

Click here to support Please help me start over organized by Melissa Thomson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today, a mere 20 minutes ago (8:30am PST), while still a fugitive from justice, SDM set up a GoFundMe page for his wife to the tune of $8,000 to cover her moving costs and expenses and tweeted his followers about it! Yet she is scheduled to be sentenced to many years in prison in late July. You cannot make this shit up.

gf.me/u/yzjqc

She will need money for smokes when she is in the can.

maybe I should start a gofundme to help pay the bills of my growing family... lets see $550.00 for basketball camp... my son needs new shoes.. my wife and I need a vacation...yeah....

$370 raised so far on her GoFundMe page. Who in their right mind would donate money to someone who took part in defrauding people out of millions of dollars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was caught. Not that I'd rather be poor, which I am, but there has to be a way to make a legitimate living and mostly stay out of trouble. Maybe.

He was caught. Not that I'd rather be poor, which I am, but there has to be a way to make a legitimate living and mostly stay out of trouble. Maybe.
As of now SDM is still on the run..please post a link showing he was caught
Gene you and I are bolth in the same boat. Rikki has taken a 2nd job im looking. My 2 daughter's plan to get jobs as soon as they turn 14. And so it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

He was apparently only going to get about seven years of free housing, food, clothing and health care. By simply not showing up at his sentencing, he will likely get more. Brilliant.

Gene meant how much of a “genius” could the guy be? He was caught by the Feds and prosecuted, and ultimately found guilty on around 30 charges, with his wife guilty on almost as many as well.

At this time, he is still a fugitive. I did notice that the GoFundMe page for his wife seemed to have been taken down.

For the record, I was using the "genius" as sarcastic for "moron". In case anyone missed that. I have described SDM as a tick in this thread or one like it, a toad in other places. The jackass is irredeemable and I hope he gets an extra ten years for his latest stunt. Actually, I think he belongs in a mental institution, but I wouldn't want to wish that onto any such institution or its occupants. The patients shouldn't have to tolerate such a shitbag just because they are off their rockers.

This was a Federal case, and I believe the prosecutors were expected to request a sentence of at least 7 years, so under a "failure to appear for sentencing" it is possible that a judge could order a monetary fine and up to an additional 5 years of incarceration for SDM. The longer he stays on the run, the longer his additional sentence will probably be. Also a factor will probably be whether he ends up turning himself in or if he gets caught by law enforcement.

Different situation but I had a bank manager friend in the late 80s who embezzled roughly $50K from his branch over the course of a few years. He was eventually caught and ultimately sentenced to 2 years in a minimum security prison in AZ but he failed to report when directed to start serving his sentence and technically remained a "fugitive" for over a year. Funny thing is, he was living in the same apartment, had not made any attempt to run or hide, he just didn't report and law enforcement never came looking for him. Finally, he realized the obvious, this wasn't going away and he was only making things worse, so he voluntarily surrendered and as a result of his second bad decision, ended up serving an extra year in jail as a result.

Back