• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sasquatch Screams Recorded in Missouri

Tyger

Paranormal Adept
Sasquatch Screams Recorded in Missouri
by Marcie Gainer on February 21, 2015
LINK: Sasquatch Screams Recorded in Missouri - disinformation

TEXT: "A researcher believes he has recorded the screams of ‘Sasquatch’ in the southwestern Missouri part of the Ozark mountains.

"Randy Savig, a disabled 50-year-old that has been investigating the Bigfoot phenomenon for over three years, says the audio recorder captured the alleged screams at 10.30 p.m. in an area known as Pine Ridge. “For the most part I do audio work,” he told Cryptozoology News. “This was the first time I have been able to catch this close enough for it to be fairly clear,” he added.

"The audio file, which lasts close to three minutes, was reportedly recorded with a parabolic microphone and it represents a series of unidentified howls interrupted by dog barks and a train whistle. As soon as the train sounds subside, the howls resume. “We were at camp about a mile away,” says Savig. “I have pretty much eliminated local critters. At first I thought it was a canine, but when you put the sounds on a spectrogram they don’t match with them.” Savig believes his recording contains a communication event between two or more of the unproven creatures."

LINK: Missourian Captures Audio of 'Sasquatch Screams' - Cryptozoology News

Sounds of the Night 141229
TEXT: "Published on Feb 17, 2015: Interesting vocals caught. This is similar to what some call the Wildman Scream. This was the first time I have been able to catch this close enough for it to be fairly clear. Very Human-like in the tone and sound."

My votes in order of likelihood:
1) human calls
2) lone coyote
3) lone wolf
4) bird i.e. loon call

But definitely not the spine chattering fearful call of the yeti.

Given that most of the interesting investigators see the big guy as a paranormal entity I'm expecting much more dynamic calls, partially robotic in sound, or at least 30% otherworldly in nature, like a blender on high speed put through a delay pedal and noise gate so that he's something that sounds like Brian Eno wild tones created for the Remain in the Light album that were rejected because they were too unsettling.

I've heard several pieces of audio that are very compelling. IMO, this isn't one of them. I have no doubt that the investigator recorded something genuine but I'd have to agree with Burnt and go with Human or Canine.

I'm actually reminded of the Finding Bigfoot series on Animal Planet because it sounds like the calls the show's hosts make when attempting to contact the big hairy guy. Fast forward to :40 seconds..

Based on my personal observation, these sounds appear to be coming from a coyote, not a sasquatch. I think that's the most likely reason why the dogs appear to be reacting so violently, since coyotes are a natural enemy. Coyotes make a very similar loud, screeching sound.

Based on my personal observation, these sounds appear to be coming from a coyote, not a sasquatch. I think that's the most likely reason why the dogs appear to be reacting so violently, since coyotes are a natural enemy. Coyotes make a very similar loud, screeching sound.

Yes, I agree with you and Burnt and Pigsinzen: I hear coyotes, with dogs reacting. I also suspect a human was in there a couple of times, egging on the coyote.

I've heard several pieces of audio that are very compelling. IMO, this isn't one of them. I have no doubt that the investigator recorded something genuine but I'd have to agree with Burnt and go with Human or Canine.

I'm actually reminded of the Finding Bigfoot series on Animal Planet because it sounds like the calls the show's hosts make when attempting to contact the big hairy guy. Fast forward to :40 seconds..

I agree - not very compelling. Plus the sounds made by the men in your video link sound so much better than the coyotes. Ha! ;)

A lot of things may sound like a lot of things outdoors from a distance. Especially in the quiet darkness.

Are sane people seeing (and maybe hearing) large hairy hominids in the wilderness? I think so. But looking for the explanation within the confines of conventional zoology is like looking for a solution to the UFO enigma within the discipline of aeronautical engineering. Ain't gonna' happen.

Yeah those calls could be just about any animal responding to a call of what it would percieve as a potential mate or interloper. The REAL test would be to take a tree branch ( or limb if you got the muscles ) and hit a tree or stump three times, if you get a similar response, pull out those videocams...or run.

I have heard supposed bigfoot calls that seem reasonably compelling, mainly because of the extreme bass tones and sheer power. A human/small animal diaphragm can only create so much power but an 8ft tall creature.....

Like Burnt said above, a human calling is a good possibility and certainly in the Ozarks area because it is a 'known' bigfoot haunt and one only has to watch programmes such as 'Finding Bigfoot' to see how often Bigfoot hunters try to mimic their calls in an effort to elicit a similar response from the real deal. I am happy to state that I do believe there is something to the bigfoot mystery but we of course need a high standard of evidence to even go there initially. I'm hoping to have a certain Bigfoot-related guest on the Paracast but until it is a sure thing I can't really say anything.

I am happy to state that I do believe there is something to the bigfoot mystery
What's disappointing for me is that if he's a biological creature then where's the evidence? Sure, I understand that finding a skeleton intact will never happen with forest scavenging and the whole slinking off to a hole to die sort of thing, but surely we should be running into large smelly gobs of scat, and some decent hair samples from such a hairy hominid by now and not Kethum's sad results. But so far there's zilch. All the footprints have been called into question now from all the many great hoaxers, though I find it hard to believe that this could be a universal practice across the continent.

Still, all we have, once again, are the tales of the witnesses. Like UFO's it seems near impossible to get a good picture of this furry fellow, though the stories abound, daytime, nighttime, mystical bigfoot, disappearing Bigfoot, threatening Bigfoot, bullet resistant Bigfoot. I don't know what to make of him. He seems to occupy the same elusive category as ghosts, spirits, Nessie and grey aliens: many sightings, but shy on hardcore evidence.

In a forest, on your own, there's lots of ways you can get easiy tricked. I really wish there was more substance to such a substantial paranormal mystery. What do you find convincing about it?

What's disappointing for me is that if he's a biological creature then where's the evidence? Sure, I understand that finding a skeleton intact will never happen with forest scavenging and the whole slinking off to a hole to die sort of thing, but surely we should be running into large smelly gobs of scat, and some decent hair samples from such a hairy hominid by now and not Kethum's sad results. But so far there's zilch. All the footprints have been called into question now from all the many great hoaxers, though I find it hard to believe that this could be a universal practice across the continent.

Still, all we have, once again, are the tales of the witnesses. Like UFO's it seems near impossible to get a good picture of this furry fellow, though the stories abound, daytime, nighttime, mystical bigfoot, disappearing Bigfoot, threatening Bigfoot, bullet resistant Bigfoot. I don't know what to make of him. He seems to occupy the same elusive category as ghosts, spirits, Nessie and grey aliens: many sightings, but shy on hardcore evidence.

In a forest, on your own, there's lots of ways you can get easiy tricked. I really wish there was more substance to such a substantial paranormal mystery. What do you find convincing about it?

What's the latest on the Ketchum analysis?

Driving down a back road through a wooded portion of road during the day in New England many, many moons ago. In front of me suddenly after a bend in the road, what looked like a huge dog which, as I slowed down, reared up on it's hind legs and looked for all the world like a 7 foot human being in shaggy clothing looking at me. It took me several seconds to register that what I was seeing was not human but a bear - and that realization coming only after it seemed to move several paces (memory hazy on this), went back down on all 4's and bounded away.

All this happened decades ago and long, long before I ever heard of Bigfoot. What has always struck me was how much that bear on it's hind legs seemed human-like to me. It was definitely a bear, but had I seen it through the trees, with underbrush obscuring my view, with fear and adrenaline pumping in my veins (not in the safety of my car) who knows what I would have imagined I saw.

"Designating Sasquatch the official cryptid or crypto-animal of Washington."

Washington State Legislature

"Sec. 1.
The legislature recognizes that Sasquatch
has made immeasurable contributions to Washington state's cultural
heritage and ecosystem."

How do you interpret this?
does it mean "Cultural Ecosystem"?
or just the Ecosystem in general, as in the "environment"?

Back