• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Russian Billionaire funds new SETI

Robert Baird

Paranormal Maven
Hawking and Milner teaming up to find evidence of alien sentient life in universe is a great thing. Should this lend more comfort for those who maintain we have been Hybridized, abducted and subject to sexual and other tortures? Should rational people think aliens visited and helped develop our culture while allowing the idiocy we have engaged in to continue - I think not! Actually this effort underscores just how unlikely it is that we are being visited by aliens dumb enough to crash their advanced technology into our planet.

"We now know for a fact that there are candidates in the galaxy, a few billion. Telescope time used to be harder to get, but now there is an opportunity for private endeavors to buy telescope time. And finally Moore’s Law: we can design a backend infrastructure capable of processing huge amounts of data much faster than ever before. We want to marry the best of Silicon Valley’s capabilities with the best science can offer.

There’s a lot of space, to put it mildly. Even if we get a better look, what’s to say somebody is looking back at us?

There’s been a lot of very serious scientific work done on this and a lot of very interesting philosophical work. The thinking is if there is a civilization even a little more advance than us, they might be able to tell there is oxygen in our atmosphere and that we’re worth looking at. If they have something even as big as Arecibo [a radio telescope in Puerto Rico], and they point it at us they can communicate."

Yuri Milner Launches $100 Million Search for Extraterrestrial Life

$100 million to search the universe for radio signals? Suppose ET doesn't use the radio?

Can't help thinking that some of Richard Dolan's suggestions, from his last visit to the Paracast, on how to spend a $100 million to help further the UFO cause might be more useful.

Why is there a " UFO cause"?

I understand the need for those who believe (anything) to want their ego to grow. But why not see a cause such as ecumenicism and throwing off the chains of BELIEF in boogeymen fostered by religion and by those who have enslaved mankind or sent him into the battles in their causes.

I also hope we are able to exchange knowledge with more advanced beings, and why it makes sense to do this expansion of SETI at this time.

Why is there a " UFO cause"?
Because UFOs are real and we want to know the truth about them.
I understand the need for those who believe (anything) to want their ego to grow. But why not see a cause such as ecumenicism and throwing off the chains of BELIEF in boogeymen fostered by religion and by those who have enslaved mankind or sent him into the battles in their causes.
What does that have to do with the question of investigating UFO reports to determine the truth?
I also hope we are able to exchange knowledge with more advanced beings, and why it makes sense to do this expansion of SETI at this time.
Maybe we'll succeed or maybe we won't, but IMO SETI projects are very worthwhile, and the most realistic chance of us detecting an alien civilization without the help of the aliens themselves. Sure we can detect UFOs, but that's a whole other story. ET ( Extraterrestrial ) ACOM signals ( Alien Communication Signals ) from another star system would be pretty much irrefutable evidence that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe. But like I said, that still doesn't solve the UFO problem.

Last edited:
Interesting that YOU would re-iterate BELIEF and not address the fact that any alien group which had ever done anything for us - would not allow BELIEF to be used against us.

SETI may someday prove other sentient life - but that will not prove NONsense.

Interesting that YOU would re-iterate BELIEF and not address the fact that any alien group which had ever done anything for us - would not allow BELIEF to be used against us.
If you would like me to, "address the fact that any alien group which had ever done anything for us - would not allow BELIEF to be used against us." I think I'd need you to be more clear about what you mean by that statement.
SETI may someday prove other sentient life - but that will not prove NONsense.
Of course not:

ACOM-01a.png

Can Someone please explain to me how it is that Hawking who has always been a proponent of the idea that it could be an absolutely terrible idea to look for ET considering that indigenous people have always been on the extremely short end of the stick when it come to having contact with an outside civilization is now investing money in trying to find the very thing he has warned us about???

Dear Orville

I can help you build a Time Machine (for viewing only unless we have sentient robots to send) and I can tell you Hawking desperately (like myself) hopes we can colonize space. He has said humanity must do it because we are almost certain to not make it out of this century. As to the aliens who dispossessed and genocidally (with WMDs at the start) eliminated most of the over four hundred cultures or clan/tribes living in Paradise (Bountiful to Mormons) they deserve to be understood. The white (Asian and Ainu as well as Negroes you see in Costa Rica heads) people living in the Americas had many millennia to perfect a culture with a lot of advantages. The bounty they willingly shared was more than even they could give away. So they gave the new invaders things they knew no one could own - nature. They did not own land - and the Kelts all over the world did not. They knew nature (land) was God. Land and nature is for all good people to sustain their Brotherhood (Iesa).

In Chiapas recently we saw the Maya people settle a dispute with Mexico and organize their society so the people and collective will maintain rather than a few powerful people or Empire. We really must do this as we establish the Moon Base to launch our people to Mars (with magnetic Plasma thrusters we might make it in 39 days) or once we have shield technology we can go a lot further. I believe modern physics proves FTL or warp speed but I think we will have a Galactica type of scenario to make it to new habitable territory.

Can Someone please explain to me how it is that Hawking who has always been a proponent of the idea that it could be an absolutely terrible idea to look for ET considering that indigenous people have always been on the extremely short end of the stick when it come to having contact with an outside civilization is now investing money in trying to find the very thing he has warned us about???
Maybe he figures that if we find them first we'll have the advantage :D.

Dear U

OK I'll bite again even though I don't believe you do not know what is meant by what I said and you quoted.

If you would like me to, "address the fact that any alien group which had ever done anything for us - would not allow BELIEF to be used against us." I think I'd need you to be more clear about what you mean by that statement.

In short. If aliens Hybridized us (as Redfern or Gene say), if they visited us for tens of thousands of years helping us build Pyramids and almost every advancement man has made (according to the religions sold to people worldwide); if they had in fact left half-breeds or demi-gods to rule us. Would they in fact not protect us from all the things BELIEF has fostered including wars to spread religion or build borders and genocidally eliminate many of us as these religions do to people?

And would they also not give us a way to save the planet and all life on it from destruction which people like Hawking, Musk, Gates, Rees etc. say is about to happen starting this decade?

Last edited:
Dear Orville

I can help you build a Time Machine (for viewing only unless we have sentient robots to send) and I can tell you Hawking desperately (like myself) hopes we can colonize space. He has said humanity must do it because we are almost certain to not make it out of this century. As to the aliens who dispossessed and genocidally (with WMDs at the start) eliminated most of the over four hundred cultures or clan/tribes living in Paradise (Bountiful to Mormons) they deserve to be understood. The white (Asian and Ainu as well as Negroes you see in Costa Rica heads) people living in the Americas had many millennia to perfect a culture with a lot of advantages. The bounty they willingly shared was more than even they could give away. So they gave the new invaders things they knew no one could own - nature. They did not own land - and the Kelts all over the world did not. They knew nature (land) was God. Land and nature is for all good people to sustain their Brotherhood (Iesa).

In Chiapas recently we saw the Maya people settle a dispute with Mexico and organize their society so the people and collective will maintain rather than a few powerful people or Empire. We really must do this as we establish the Moon Base to launch our people to Mars (with magnetic Plasma thrusters we might make it in 39 days) or once we have shield technology we can go a lot further. I believe modern physics proves FTL or warp speed but I think we will have a Galactica type of scenario to make it to new habitable territory.
One of Buckmister Fuller's main themes is WE are ALREADY on a Spaceship.

Spaceship Earth.

The Moon is a shit hole and so is Mars. The positive change must come on Spaceship Earth by Humankind. Without the support of Earth the Moon and Mars colonies are doomed. You've better get refocused back onto our problems here on Earth, because going to the Moon or Mars is NOT the solution. Period. Though, IF all Space Nations would agree to work together in peace to do these colonies, then that might help keep the peace on Earth too. BUT, the PTB might just see this as another strategy to use for power and money, and it could possibly be an attempt to destroy and repopulate Earth by the PTB. There can be no weapons in Space or on the Moon and Mars.

Unfortunately what DS says is true even though I do not think his PTB are the problem. The problem is Ignorance - see my thread Aliens, Illuminati and Ignorance.

Unfortunately what DS says is true even though I do not think his PTB are the problem. The problem is Ignorance - see my thread Aliens, Illuminati and Ignorance.
As long as weapons are banished from Space, the Moon, Mars, etc., then I'm fine with the PTB not being conspiratorial to harm our home planet, Spaceship Earth.

Dear DS

I am for that too, but some weapons such as lasers may be needed to protect spacecraft from collisions with space debris etc.

We are now able to observe and alter (Von Neumann probes) alien lifeform evolution. Will some future priestly manipulator call us Annunaki or God? Here we see science tracking an early and still evolving CREATION of life.

Astronomers detect the building blocks of life in a distant star system

By Chris Wood

April 10, 2015

Astronomers from the European Southern Observatory have used the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) to observe the protoplanetary disk surrounding a young star, revealing the presence of complex organic molecules that represent the building blocks of life. The findings mark the first time that such a discovery has been made.

The new observations focused on the star system MWC 480, located some 455 light-years from Earth. Just one million years old, the star is around twice the mass of the Sun, and is in the very early stages of development, having only recently emerged from a stellar womb of gas dust, and with no signs of planet formation yet detected.

The ALMA observations revealed large volumes of the complex, carbon-based molecule methyl cyanide, as well as hydrogen cyanide. They were found in the outer reaches of the star's disk – a region thought to be similar to the Kuiper Belt, which resides beyond the planets in our own Solar System.

The detected molecules contain carbon-nitrogen bonds essential in the formation of amino acids that are, in turn, the foundation of proteins. Through the study of comets, we know that similar molecules were present during the same stage of development in our own Solar System, and in similar concentrations observed in MWC 480's protoplanetary disk.

ALMA was able to make the discovery by scouring the system for telltale millimeter wavelength radiation that's naturally emitted by the molecules. The findings have significant implications regarding the existence of life in the wider Universe.

"From the study of exoplanets, we know the Solar System isn't unique in its number of planets or abundance of water," said Karin Öbery of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. "Now we know we're not unique in organic chemistry. Once more, we have learned that we're not special. From a life in the Universe point of view, this is great news."

The observations were carried out before the telescope had reached its full operational capacity, meaning that only a portion of the array's 66 telescopes were used to carry out the observations. It's believed that further study using all available arrays will lead to a more detailed understanding of the composition of the MWC 480 and similar protoplanetary disks, increasing our knowledge of both star and planet formation.

The findings of the study have been published in the journal Nature.

Source: ESO

http://www.gizmag.com/alma-mwc480-bu...0fad1-91426461

From my friend Colin.

"As it turns out we're right, the entire Universe is aware of itself!

Anyway, here's the link... http://resonance.is/free-video-access/?

Nassim bases a lot of his theory on things spinning. I love his rubber ducky analogy. Like you say, he makes a lot of this stuff understandable, like his explanation of the Planck particle function etc. He says he believe the DNA in our cells probably spins like a whirling Dervish... LOL.

Well, he didn't actually say whirling Dervish, but that's what he meant. The spinning is a function of the feedback/feedforward function of the entire universe at the elementary (planck) level. He also said that the strands of DNA in each of our bodies if strung out end to end would reach to Jupiter and back (I think he said) 300 times, or maybe it was 8 times. Either way, it was a bit more than I would have thought, and I generally have a pretty good grasp on the contrast between Big (outspace) and Small (inner space).

You may be right about Nassim's genetics. His bio includes the following... As early as 9 years old, Nassim was already discovering the universal dynamics of matter and energy, which led him on a journey toward pioneering a new approach to quantum gravity and continual developments in unified field theory. He grew up in Eastern Canada with an innate reverence for the design of nature and a determination to discover the basic building-blocks of creation. Nassim dedicated most of his time to his independent investigation into physics, geometry, chemistry, biology, consciousness, archeology, and various world religions. Haramein’s dedication to scientific exploration combined with his keen observation of the behavior of nature led him to a specific geometric pattern which is at the core of his approach and new perspective in unified field theory.

I just hope he's got some good body guards, cause his main focus is on quantum gravity and it's applications to technology, new energy research, applied resonance, life sciences, permaculture, and consciousness studies. "

The TV channel Nature produced a show on the origins of music and the biological and archetypal impact it has had on our evolution and emotional wherewithal. Along with reed instruments from as long ago as 60,000 years that obviously show sophisticated development of technology, they had the cave operas of those who rubbed and drummed on stalactites. They posited that the tree-swinging hominid that like the Sumatran Gibbon co-ordinates community for protection through territorial chants, is not so much less aware as most of our great Lockean influenced academics seem to be. These animals also learned what plants are dangerous and what plants alter your spiritual consciousness. You can see it when your puppy goes outside for the first time and chews on some grass to settle its tummy. Our genes contain a lot of information or the ability to tap-in to much knowledge. The buzz you get from 'weed' is the buzz coming from your Thalami and Third Eye or Pineal gland that has a crystal radio receiver and grains or crystalline structures. Crystalline structures like quartz were known to be useful in the Lost Chord of the Druids and more ancient shamans. There are magnificent quartz caves in Central America and other places that would have been used by early hominids for a certainty. We are taught math as if there are constants and yet it is questionable at least, whether there is truth in these assertions. If we started out with more questions it is possible our children could teach us due to the fact that some of them are more attuned and less programmed by our NONsense according to an excellent book titled The Wonder Child. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/13816702/#.VTKkZG93vIV

Dear U

OK I'll bite again even though I don't believe you do not know what is meant by what I said and you quoted.

In short. If aliens Hybridized us (as Redfern or Gene say), if they visited us for tens of thousands of years helping us build Pyramids and almost every advancement man has made (according to the religions sold to people worldwide); if they had in fact left half-breeds or demi-gods to rule us. Would they in fact not protect us from all the things BELIEF has fostered including wars to spread religion or build borders and genocidally eliminate many of us as these religions do to people?

And would they also not give us a way to save the planet and all life on it from destruction which people like Hawking, Musk, Gates, Rees etc. say is about to happen starting this decade?
Interesting take. Thanks for clarifying. I really wasn't sure what you were getting at. I don't think it's safe to make too many assumptions about what the alien intent is, and I think it's probably also safe to say that a lot of the assumptions made that you mention aren't really accurate and add up to a rather distorted picture of the truth. Here's a link to posts with a couple of videos that I was hoping would help ground us on the issue of Ancient Aliens: Ancient Alien Series | Page 3 | The Paracast Community Forums

Something else you might be interested in that deals with the mythology of alien visitation and how it has impacted religion and culture throughout the ages is a book by author William Bramley called, The Gods of Eden. It's somewhat dated now, but still very thought provoking.

Here we see science tracking an early and still evolving CREATION of life.
That is not creation of life. That's just another birth of a sun. It takes far more creations to make life even possible. I realize now the Universe may have life similar to Earth, but there will be extremely few planets with life forms that will explore space as we are attempting to do. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Humans are the first in our galaxy to explore space with probes, etc.

That is not creation of life. That's just another birth of a sun. It takes far more creations to make life even possible. I realize now the Universe may have life similar to Earth, but there will be extremely few planets with life forms that will explore space as we are attempting to do. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Humans are the first in our galaxy to explore space with probes, etc.
So help me get your perspective clear then. Do you believe that out of all the sightings people have ever had, none of them have ever represented craft that were not the product of our global civilization at any level ( including secret corporate and military projects )?

Dear DS

He says: "represent the building blocks of Life" not the star they are observing. You should draw comfort in your theory that it is very far away, but the closest evidence thereof. But he is not a lone nutter or paid hack as I see it.

Dear Ufology

I see no assumptions in the science of the astronomer - as to resonance and Schumann or others who end up supporting Intelligent Design - I agree they extend thinking until an answer is there for all observed phenomena. I don't need to go over Bramley and Ancient Aliens is a blight upon any variety of thinking. I have watched enough of it and have never seen one thing that I have not got scientific, archaeological evidence to prove it wrong. If you have something specific that you find relevant bring it on.

A Guest expert at World Mysteries like myself has written about Intelligent design in this link.

I come from a more Gaian or ancient point of view including Mandelbrot Sets, Phi in Nautilus shells and the pyramid, Fibonnaci, the Pentagon Dodecahedron, Emotus, Tiller's Acts of Creation etc..

World Mysteries - Guest Authors: Daniel Neiman - Evolution and Consciousness

Back