• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RT RUSSIA TODAY Interviews Dr Steven Greer - 10th January 2014

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
Greer is interviewed on something called "Breaking the set", which I guess refers to breaking the television set, but I'm not sure. Greer gives his now familiar pitch (complete with name drops) interposed with shots from the Sirius movie and its little dried up fetus thing.

what exactly is the problem with the discloure effort, ?, i dont get the disdain.

Greer is a huckster.

The "Disclosure" effort in general is marred by such hucksters and a very large assumption. Namely, that the U.S. government has something of substance to disclose in the first place.

Greer appeared to have a good idea with the "Disclosure Project." Then he demonstrated an inability or unwillingness to vet "witnesses". This is also the other big "Disclosure" proponent's (Stephen Bassett) major problem. They embrace known hoaxes and hoaxers and don't seem to care. It is all about driving the government into some corner where they suddenly reveal the keys to the kingdom, the crown jewels, and everything classified above top secret to the general public about the supposed alien visitation. You might as well just put on your white robe and get on the roof and wait for Jesus.

Couldn't agree more with the above. I would also add that the disclosure movement has done as much to marginalize the UFO question as Stan Romanek has on his own, and if you've seen the Boo video you know what I mean. The disclosure movement features extraordinary claims that have zero foundations in any known reality i.e. Hellyer claiming that we know there are thirty odd alien species or whatever his ludicrous number is, or Greer, whose self appointed ambassador to earth status, both manage to bring out the oddballs of the UFO world complete with tinfoil hats. This movement, whose goal was to legitimize the discussion, really works in the opposite direction.

Bassett's statement is that vetting is irrelevant. Besides, who is to say what's legitimate and what isn't when it comes to the phenomenon, he asks. This leaves the entire field in a sullen pickle as these two characters get huge exposure in the mainstream media - they are the "big stars" of the field, so to speak, yet the message they deliver is one of vanity, in Greer's case, and outright incredulity, in Bassett's.

If Bassett could trim his speakers' list he might have a more credible statement to make on the whole. But as TO pointed out, the likelihood is that the big bad gov't wolf probably knows as much about what UFO's are and where they come from as you or I. To presuppose more would only be guesswork. They've spent their time on this subject debunking like a classical debunker, not because they know more, but because they don't like the populace thinking creatively, or weird in any way.

Another problem is that both Greer and Bassett have essentially "tainted" any creditable witnesses and cases they have accumulated in their "projects" by including known hoaxers and hoaxes.

I honestly think you could just substitute the following for the emboldened above: "by being hoaxers and charlatans themselves." They don't need to associate with any bad eggs when they themselves smell like a cross between a DuPont production facility and chicken farm on a very hot day. Only in the realm of that which is the religion of Ufology, as opposed to the critical discipline exercised by those we admire within Ufology, could two bozos like this get anywhere notable.

100 % genuine look at the arms
Doh!

This movement, whose goal was to legitimize the discussion, really works in the opposite direction.

Isn't that often the case with "movements?" The "Truth Movement" is another example of this. Spiritual movements, political movements, and so forth seem to wind up doing or representing the polar opposite of their more often than not loudly stated goals.

The Disclosure movement, in its effort to encourage dialog between those who allegedly know and those who don't, has marginalized the subject even further from serious consideration by encouraging dialog with pretenders and cranks. I also think there is a distinct possibility that some of this is intentional and part of controlling the conversation by the Intelligence community.

"intentionally controlling the conversation"
I wonder if there isn't any truth to this, as I can't see how Bassett could not recognize the likes of Greer's contribution toward such a project.

Hey TrainedObserver. For some reason your avatar is not displaying correctly.

I can see it if I look directly at it:
Code:
http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/c781b668388a249f2aa7d76094bba21a?s=96&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theparacast.com%2Fforum%2Fstyles%2Fdefault%2Fxenforo%2Favatars%2Favatar_male_m.png

Bassett "Credibility is not an issue in the Disclosure process"

really? I'll have to listen to that Parcast episode to believe it. How can one initiate a kind of disclosure process, where the govt freely releases all knowledge/data- When one takes no issue in the credibility of those witnesses brought forth on camera to sway interest?

What specifically enrages you about these buffoons? Wouldn't it be something if Greer was exposed as a government agent?

in this case (russia, and /or Greer), the sheer...I wouldn't say stupidity, they seem to know what they/he/she/it is doing...I just have a major dislike of selling 'proven' truths. Let's not get into the Ukraine 'issue', on my part.

Back