• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Roswell in the 21st Century: Ask Kevin D. Randle

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
After many years, Kevin D. Randle's recent book, "Roswell in the 21st Century," may be the definitive work on the subject. With hundreds of listed references and a long bibliography, Kevin has clearly done his research to separate the truth from the fiction in this legendary case.

Some say Kevin has recanted. Maybe he has, in part.

Some suggest we've spent too much time on Roswell already on The Paracast, but if we're going to set this case aside, we should do so with a realistic picture of where it really stands, shorn of the myth-making.

Kevin D. Randle is a retired soldier, and a prolific science fact and science fiction writer.

This episode will be recorded on Thursday, January 13, from 11 AM until 1 PM Mountain.

Since Chris remains on the mend, Erica Lukes will be guest co-host, along with Goggs Mackay.

I kick off
Hi Gene, Chris and Lt-Col rtd Kevin Randle ,
Q.1 What made you decide to re-visit the Roswell Case ?
Q.2 Has your excellent research provided any scientific evidence (without giving the your book away) and are you planning one on Bentwaters Case?
Q3. Any chance of getting a autographed book on your combat service (appreciate your service;)) when you decide to publish one on Vietnam and Iraq Wars.:D

After many years, Kevin D. Randle's recent book, "Roswell in the 21st Century," may be the definitive work on the subject.

Lol, no way. According to KDR, for now and probably for many years to come the case is at a standstill, a dead end. No clear answer nor much hope for one soon.

Some say Kevin has recanted. Maybe he has, in part.

I read his latest. He hasn't become a skeptic or wholly abandoned ET. It's just that the failure of any definitive evidence of ET to surface, after several decades, combined with all the phony reports, seems to have gotten to him. He almost despaired of the case in the '90s, see The Randle Report UFOs in the 90s. But he was still confident of ET then. Now, however, he's practically had it. He still rejects MOGUL--I liked his writing on that. But he says in effect you can't assume ET is the answer just because we don't have a good earthly alternative. Barring some breakthrough like a revelation from the government, Roswell is in limbo and likely to stay that way.

Do you feel that Roswell has become another embarrassment to pile on the UFO subject?

How does your new book address the balance?

I have one question for Kevin, who I have tremendous respect for:

Why bother with Roswell?

Seriously, what's the point? There's stuff happening right now that we could jump on. Why bother adding to the pile of existing folklore?

It seems a pointless waste of effort.

I would like to ask if Kevin recognizes that 'recanting' his long held stance on some elements regarding Roswell (in his new book) could be seen by aficionados as being a way to create publicity for himself.
An attempt to procure book sales, and reinvigorate interest from promoters wishing to book him for the lucrative 'UFO lecture circuit'.

I will be quite interested to hear if Gene or Chris will actually ask this question as it is controversial.
It's an important question in my opinion.

I'm afraid you'll have to put up with myself along with Erica Lukes, standing in for the currently still sick Chris O'Brien....But, as for your question, you posted it early enough to be near the top of the list and it is a perfectly legitimate question as long as it is asked with the respect someone like Kevin deserves. If we do a few questions, yours will be one of them.

1. I Wonder what Randles thoughts are on the initial interractions between Marcel and Brazel. Marcel seemed to leave the farm thinking the debris was a UFO based solely on the nature of the debris. But if i recall correctly there were no bodies nor was there any actual wreckage on the property. Granted the unbreakable foil is mysterious its still a leap of logic to think unbreakable foil = UFO.

2. In the made for TV movie Brazel tells the radio reporter that the aliens were not green . If this actually happened why didnt Brazel tell Marcel that he had seen the bodies and then lead him to them.

1. I Wonder what Randles thoughts are on the initial interractions between Marcel and Brazel. Marcel seemed to leave the farm thinking the debris was a UFO based solely on the nature of the debris. But if i recall correctly there were no bodies nor was there any actual wreckage on the property.

Of course there was wreckage on the property, plenty of it. But if you mean the wreck of an identifiable or still partially intact craft it's true that it wasn't there.

Granted the unbreakable foil is mysterious its still a leap of logic to think unbreakable foil = UFO.

Marcel must've thought otherwise, as he was brought to the attention of Friedman due to his handling of "flying saucer pieces." If Marcel, as base intel officer, was familiar with all earthly technology, it was logical to assume something at once unidentifiable and extraordinary was not of this earth.

2. In the made for TV movie Brazel tells the radio reporter that the aliens were not green . If this actually happened why didnt Brazel tell Marcel that he had seen the bodies and then lead him to them.

According to at least one account Brazel and others saw such a spectacle. But I take a lot of stories with a grain of salt. Marcel was adament that he saw no bodies at the ranch.

I have one question for Kevin, who I have tremendous respect for:

Why bother with Roswell?

Seriously, what's the point? There's stuff happening right now that we could jump on. Why bother adding to the pile of existing folklore?

It seems a pointless waste of effort.

Lol, in his latest tome, KDR summarizes the case as it now stands and offers a rather pessimistic view of our prospects for getting the truth. The last thing he does is add to folklore. Basically he is in fact, writing off the case. Not as a skeptic just as someone who despairs of solving it.

I would like to ask if Kevin recognizes that 'recanting' his long held stance on some elements regarding Roswell (in his new book) could be seen by aficionados as being a way to create publicity for himself.
An attempt to procure book sales, and reinvigorate interest from promoters wishing to book him for the lucrative 'UFO lecture circuit'.

I don't think it's quite right to suggest this. In contrast to some of his previous books, the rather pessimistic view of this one isn't particularly conducive to excitement, sales and lecture fees.

Which UFO researchers and writers does Kevin most respect and why?

What is his personal view on what UFO's are and what is this view based on?

The show will be broadcast to 28 terrestrial radio stations on Sunday morning, 4:00 AM Eastern time. It's then posted online within an hour after the broadcast concludes.

It goes up first for subscribers to The Paracast+. Then, a short time later, to listeners of the free version.

From our home page:
Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 8.04.15 AM.png

Back