• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Rosemary Ellen Guiley — Dream Messages from the Afterlife

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
So are some dreams the result of contact with the dead? According to the blurb from Rosemary's latest book, "We can have contact with the dead, and the most common and powerful way is in dreams. This book is a ground-breaking validation of dreams that reach into the afterlife for reunions, messages, and previews of what lies beyond earthly life."

This discussion will take us in a direction that's out of the normal comfort zone for The Paracast. We welcome your questions — and maybe some information about your dreams.

We'll be recording this segment on Tuesday, March 11, from 11 AM until 1 PM Pacific.

I have not read Ms. Guiley's Dream book, but what do her personal dreams tell her about other planes of existence and about God in particular?

So are you guys open to questions about dreams in general or are you keeping it to just about communicating with the hereafter ?

Since we know that the mind is capable of creating completely realistic, but entirely imaginary imagery, sounds and experiences, why should we presume that dreams involving the deceased reflect some afterlife rather than something generated by the mind of the dreamer?

I often have dreams of my great grandfather. I often see his death. and I see him as he looks in pictures when I see my great grand mother I see her as she was when he died (20 years old) is this a message from him or simply dreams? (the dream happens once every few months)

Is there a way to tell genuine contact with a discarnate from just dreaming about him or her?

If dreams are the most common way of communication, are psychic mediums somehow able to achieve dream-states while perfectly awake (and seemingly not in a trance)? If so, how do they differentiate between genuine contact in these "waking dreams" and their own imagination? Maybe some aren't trying to differentiate at all? (I should say 'weren't' because, yes, I'm thinking of Mrs Browne, but maybe there are others doing it.)

Could the differences in NDE reports and what seem to be "in- between-lives meories" sometimes reported in alleged reincarnation cases mean that we all "dream up" our own afterlife?

Why do most reported "contacts" with deceased loved ones seem to take place while falling asleep or waking up? If these are not "just your imagination", would that mean that other sleep paralysis experiences (old hag type and maybe some alien abduction ones) involve real outside entities, too?

Is there any way at all to prove that at least some dreams aren't "entirely imaginary imagery"?

Where "is" our consciousness during dreamless sleep or anaesthesia?

Last edited:
Being married to him I have seen the effect of the dreams of his Great Grandfathers death. He awaked chilled. He is cold even on the warmest night. He feels the closeness of them to us. My twin girls have dreamt of two shadowy forms watching them from afar. Could we be perceiving them watching our family from the light?

1. Is the afterlife only limited to humans and "sentient" species, or do animal like dogs, cats, chimpanzees, etc. have an afterlife also?

2. What is the strongest case you can think of demonstrating the existence of the afterlife?

3. How do ghosts and reincarnation co-exist (i.e. are ghosts spirits that haven't moved on to be reincarnated)?

4. What are the most interesting messages received from the afterlife?

5. Can a Christian heaven/hell co-exist with reincarnation without contradiction?

who would you suggest would be the instigator in these contacts and under what conditions would such contact take place ?

Being that I'm a mid level lucid dreamer and I frequently, consciously interact with my dreams...editing them on the fly as it were... if such an occurance would happen to me how would I know it because I'm just as likely to create a simulation of contact ?

Are you a lucid dreamer and how would you differentiate between a lucid dream and a actual contact dream ...or for that matter...a predictive dream ? (assuming you are receptive to that idea)

Questions for Rosemary: Have you experienced (or do you know of others who have experienced) being suddenly awakened from a deep sleep by hearing the voice of a well-known discarnate nearby in the room with you? Also, have you experienced the sense while awake of the presence of a beloved discarnate's consciousness occupying a place adjacent to your own consciousness (and experiencing that individual's emotional state)? Finally, have you experienced (or know of anyone else who has experienced) a sudden rapid upsurge of powerful energy within your body that you sensed/knew to be produced by a beloved discarnate, powerful enough to cause a strong physical reaction in your body (for example, throwing your arms upward, the energy apparently exiting at your fingertips, followed by trembling of your arms and upper body lasting for 10-15 minutes)?

Another off topic dream question, do you think because I can consciously Interact with my dreams (to the point that I can tell myself while dreaming to remember this dream in order to log it when I wake up) do you think this ability could be related to the fact I used to suffer from hypnopompic attacks. It seems to me that both instances require that a person have one foot in conscious-land & one foot in unconscious-land

Last edited:
Since we know that the mind is capable of creating completely realistic, but entirely imaginary imagery, sounds and experiences, why should we presume that dreams involving the deceased reflect some afterlife rather than something generated by the mind of the dreamer?
As an extension of this thought, since our internal reality is generated by our consciousness, why would we give credence to our unconscious mind perhaps over our conscious one?

We can test the reality generated by our conscious mind with science. We're just beginning to map out the unconscious/dreaming/hallucinatory mind -- it's awfully difficult to test and validate.

Add to that the fact that humanity is exceptionally good at lying to itself with it's big rational neocortex, why wouldn't it also be good at lying to itself with the dreaming mind?

Analysis of a Theme
Wallace Stevens

THEME
How happy I was the day I told the young Blandina of three-legged giraffes . . .

ANALYSIS
In the conscious world, the great clouds
Potter in the summer sky.
It is a province--
Of ugly, subconscious time, in which
There is no beautiful eye
And no true tree,

There being no subconscious place,
Only Indyterranean
Resemblances

Of place: time's haggard mongrels.
Yet in time's middle deep,
In its abstract motion,

Its immaterial monsters move,
Without physical pedantry
Or any name.

Invisible, they move and are,
Not speaking worms, nor birds
Of mutable plume,

Pure coruscations, that lie beyond
The imagination, intact
And unattained,

Even in Paris, in the Gardens
Of Acclimatization,
On a holiday.

The knowledge of bright-ethered things
Bears us toward time, on its
Perfective wings.

We enjoy the ithy oonts and long-haired
Plomets, as the Herr Gott
Enjoys his comets.

Any questions about dreams, sure.
Here is a dream I had a few years back. Background: my ex husband died of cancer about a year before this happened. On Sunday morning, I had a dream that he and I were playing water balloons. It was so much fun that I woke up laughing. That same Sunday, our daughter had a birthday party for one of her children. Being out of state, I could not attend but I did call her that evening to ask how the party had gone. The first words out of her mouth were, "We played water balloons."
I have had lots of different dreams like this one.

Following on what ufology, polterwurst and marduk asked, why do some dreams feel so real and what does that say about the nature of reality (and the nature of feeling)? Also, what are some of the rules of thumb by which people distinguish between meaningful dreams involving outsiders of some ilk and routine ones that just feature different aspects of the psyche working through issues? (Lucid dreaming aside, since that seems to have its own special flavor.) I know I've developed some of my own, and I assume that everyone else does, too.

According to REG:
1) What's the difference between a dream and reality? Are dreams another objective reality?
2) What other parts of our dreams might be real, if we think that we can be visited by the deceased? Do you think we are actually visited by UFOs if we dream about UFOs? Or our deceased cat or goldfish? Where does the limit go?
3) What role do you think that sleep paralysis and other somatic disturbances has in experiences of visitations by either deceased ones or alien abductors? Does it seem like the same persons are prone to experiencing both?
4) Is science wrong, when it suggest that dreams are basically our own sub-conscious imagination at work?

Last edited:
Back