• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

RIP George Michael...

If you haven't seen this, it shows a great fun side to George Michael and is actually just a damn fine sketch. George dying strangely hit me a little harder for some reason. Probably because I really grew up with his career. Guys like Bowie were making records before I was born, but with George I was school-discoing etc to him myself right from the start.
Since his death some great stories of his generosity have been revealed, like tipping a student nurse in debt about $7000, paying for a couples IVF treatment and most surprisingly, working anonymously in a homeless shelter. How many true mega-rich stars would do such a thing with zero publicity?

I'm truly sorry such a great UK icon as George has gone, but please watch this skit, it really makes you smile!

It probably hasn't really been a more unlucky year than any other, in terms of losing music and screen celebrities. I think it's more that all of us in the internet age are just that more aware and exposed to the news that those in 'our' time have gone. 30 years ago our parents would mark the passing of Hollywood's golden age etc but the news just didn't travel as far and as fast and it was easier to miss it as it happened pre-WWW.

Back