• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
A diverse mammal-dominated, footprint assemblage from wetland deposits in the Lower Cretaceous of Maryland

More than 100 million years ago, dinosaurs roamed Maryland. So did our ancestors — small mammals the size of squirrels or badgers — and the flying reptiles know as pterosaurs.

Amazingly, the footprints of all these creatures of the Cretaceous era were preserved on a single 8.5-foot-long slab of sandstone unearthed on the grounds of NASA’s Goddard Spaceflight Center in Greenbelt, Md., not far north of the nation’s capital.

“It’s unusual to have such a large concentration of different kinds of tracks and small tracks in such a small space,” said Martin Lockley, an emeritus geology professor at the University of Colorado at Denver who studied the tracks.

Dr. Lockley and his colleagues described the findings in Nature.com published Wednesday and in the journal Scientific Reports. The slab offers unique insights into the behavior of dinosaurs and early mammals; possibly some of the dinosaurs were looking to make a meal of the mammals.

All this might never have been discovered if [Ray Stanford] an amateur dinosaur fossil hunter hadn’t gone to lunch with his wife not long before the construction of a new building obliterated the site. Continue reading the main NY Times story

Here is the CBS Evening News segment on Ray's find:

slab-1050.jpg

My thoughts exactly, if I wasn't shown that diagram I'd have no idea of the riches of fossils I'd be looking at.
And when you watch the presentations of Rays UFO/AAO/UAP analysis, remember what you said about his visual acuity looking down is mirrored by his off-the-charts visual acuity looking up!

My thoughts exactly, if I wasn't shown that diagram I'd have no idea of the riches of fossils I'd be looking at.
And when you watch the presentations of Rays UFO/AAO/UAP analysis, remember what you said about his visual acuity looking down is mirrored by his off-the-charts visual acuity looking up!

Wow, the more you look the more you see. I don't think I would have been able to see/notice the prints without seeing the diagram first.

...Just got off the phone with him, and man is he stoked. Gotta admit Chris, the more the guy talks and shows me stuff, the more blown away I am.
I'm tired of trying to convince people that Ray is beyond special and that he is a rare important, historic individual. I plan to finally spend some quality facetime w/ him this spring. He & Sheila agree that his presentations should be videotaped w/ Ray providing the VO explanations on top. I think he's thinks he's ready. Ben & Tony have already documented much of his other collections, antiquities, meteorites, pre-columbian stuff, etc I LOVE his chunky stone collection! The oldest ones are the most sophisticated!

hemetite discs.jpg

I don't know what those are, but they look important. Somebody/ies spent a long time crafting them, that much is obvious.

I'm tired of trying to convince people that Ray is beyond special and that he is a rare important, historic individual. I plan to finally spend some quality facetime w/ him this spring. He & Sheila agree that his presentations should be videotaped w/ Ray providing the VO explanations on top. I think he's thinks he's ready.
Yes, and I hope he's right. Even the small chunks of stuff he's shared with me are unlike anything I've ever seen before.

Back