• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Random Things That Need Attention

EJayC

Paranormal Novice
This is my first time posting in The Paracast Forum, I am 18 years of age and vastly curious about the paranormal. Below I will list a few paranormal things that have happened to me and that I can't quite explain. I can try and put them in chronological order but I can't make any promises.

Experience 1:
- When visiting family in Camden, South Carolina and being with my older brother, who is 20, and my cousin, who is 14 ( who was asleep at the time ), me and my brother remember seeing a silverish orb hover directly in front of us and then disappear, we didn't take the time to look at the clock, but we sure enough know it took longer to get home than average.

Experience 2:
- While driving my truck home from a friends house, I saw a intense flash of light on a hill ( I live in Los Alamos, New Mexico ) almost as if it were an explosion, and then instantaneously it disappeared.

Experience 3:
- When I was young, I remember staying up late to watch a popular cartoon show, Dragon Ball Z, the time was very early in the morning? Right around maybe 4 AM. I remember getting an odd feeling and looking up from trying to draw Dragon Ball Z characters and seeing a figure peer from over the corner of my parents bedroom. This figure had piercing red eyes that seemed to make me cry when I stared it at. It was PITCH black, the darkest I had ever seen in anything! I saw its hands first, as if it were pulling itself up to view, and then its two red eyes.

Experience 4:
- One summer day, while walking my dog I remember looking up in the sky at what seemed to be a 'weather balloon' but noticing how it didn't move, I quickly found out that it couldn't be a weather balloon. I followed it around with my eyes while I walked my dog, but when I came home I realized that my neighbors and family had also been watching it. Trying to explain it or rationalize whats happening, we went and got our telescope, we lined it up perfectly and couldn't see it with it! But our eyes could easily see a vague picture of it but the telescope couldn't get any sort of image of it.

There are many other instances that have happened around me, these are just a few. I have dreams about being on a ship with weird beings, though I can't classify them as aliens, Im just curious. My house as well has some strange occurrences happen as well, like footsteps that pick up to full blown sprints. Shouts that happen from time to time, beatings on the walls, etc. Some information on why this is happening to me would be nice.

We have had many things happen in our home, so many if fact, that we are thinking about having someone come in to look it over. We have had things from knocking on walls, footsteps, voices, calling of our names, and one full body sighting. Nothing seems to be bad about any of this, just weird things happen from time to time.

EJayC, you may want to discount anything I have to say on the issue, but having experienced some of the same things you mention, I'll give it a whirl.

While facts are too hard to pin down, I think we can take one thing for granted. Some people are more sensitive to paranormal events, enough so that the events should probably be termed "normal" instead. If so, then maybe whole families might be as sensitive. Were we to poll everyone on earth, we might find that almost everyone has experienced at least one event that rattled their senses to some degree.

I've looked for answers for a lifetime and found nothing concrete to explain things other than where I finally find myself. The title of your thread may be the best clue you'll find when you give special focus to "Things That Need Attention." I'm suggesting that rather than looking outward for explanation, try looking inward to what has your attention personally, things related to your intense curiosity, intense emotional issues of any kind, environmental factors that affect you personally. Ask yourself the truest questions you can pose, though only one at a time. Trust that you'll receive an answer in your dreams, your day dreams or that some billboard or book will hit you with insight. Takes a little time, but ask your question, something deeply personal, and let it go. Give it up, your need to know, allowing for any answer to come.

May sound wacky, but I think the interference we get from the paranormal is often a sign we are indeed to pay attention to what's going on inside us as well as in our outward environment. Since those interferences are most often only witnessed by one, they may be warnings, callings, signs of approval, etc. The same may apply for a crowd witnessing an event, but we can utilize through imagination what may have even been the product of collective imagination.

I'm not suggesting at all the events aren't real. It may be that our minds or collective subconscious are able to manipulate, through no awareness of our own, events geared to aid or correct our vision. It may be something independent of us. May be bunk too, I really don't know. I just know that when the walls start knocking, it's usually when I've been wrestling with a very personal issue having had to do with something I fear or just don't understand. I'm usually at the point of giving up on how to handle the issue when something seemingly paranormal takes place in my house. Makes me give up sooner and begin to form the simplest and most honest question I can muster. Sometimes it's as long as two weeks or more before I have a vivid dream which clears up whatever drove me to distraction.

I just stumbled on this in the last year or so, but have come to trust the process. I can understand why it may be useless to others. I also understand that I could have had some unusual coincidences occur. But it's working for me so I thought it worth a mention. Those vivid dreams always scream at me, "Pay Attention."

EJayC, thanks for posting.

Now, don't get upset, but let's first try to find at least one (there are probably many) rational explanations for some or all of these. That is a normal course of action when trying to 'clear up' these kinds of encounters.

Experience 1: - When visiting family in Camden, South Carolina and being with my older brother, who is 20, and my cousin, who is 14 ( who was asleep at the time ), me and my brother remember seeing a silverish orb hover directly in front of us and then disappear, we didn't take the time to look at the clock, but we sure enough know it took longer to get home than average.
A little more information needed.
1. Where were you when you saw this object? In a bedroom, family room, stopped car, moving car, field?

2. Was it in Camden or in between Camden and another town? If in between, where?

3. Was it day or night?

4. About how large did it appear in your field of vision, unadjusted? The size of a pea, penny, quarter, baseball, basketball, larger?

5. When you say disappear, how? Just blink out, or move away rapidly? Please give details.

Experience 2: - While driving my truck home from a friends house, I saw a intense flash of light on a hill ( I live in Los Alamos, New Mexico ) almost as if it were an explosion, and then instantaneously it disappeared.
1. Well, if it were an explosion, then disappearing would be normal as explosions are usually over rather quickly.

2. Camera flash.

3. Vehicle turning on/off headlights or turning quickly.

4. Fireworks (flash bang type).

5. One of those million+ candlepower lights turned on then off.

Experience 3: - When I was young, I remember staying up late to watch a popular cartoon show, Dragon Ball Z, the time was very early in the morning? Right around maybe 4 AM. I remember getting an odd feeling and looking up from trying to draw Dragon Ball Z characters and seeing a figure peer from over the corner of my parents bedroom. This figure had piercing red eyes that seemed to make me cry when I stared it at. It was PITCH black, the darkest I had ever seen in anything! I saw its hands first, as if it were pulling itself up to view, and then its two red eyes.
1. You were watching TV and drawing pictures, late at night, and then looked away. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterimage
2. Nodded off, dreaming.

Experience 4: - One summer day, while walking my dog I remember looking up in the sky at what seemed to be a 'weather balloon' but noticing how it didn't move, I quickly found out that it couldn't be a weather balloon. I followed it around with my eyes while I walked my dog, but when I came home I realized that my neighbors and family had also been watching it. Trying to explain it or rationalize whats happening, we went and got our telescope, we lined it up perfectly and couldn't see it with it! But our eyes could easily see a vague picture of it but the telescope couldn't get any sort of image of it.
1. It is very hard to find an object by just pointing a telescope. I know, and anyone who has a telescope knows. Especially if the image is small, at a distance, and/or moving. I would say I am 100% sure on this, that you simply did not have the object lined up correctly. Multiple witnesses saw something, telescopes simply magnify existing light. Nothing that is visible to the naked eye would be invisible to a telescope, unless you are hallucinating. Now, that does not mean we know what the object was.

2. You say your eyes could see 'a vague picture of it' - please expound.

3. How did you know it 'could not be' a weather balloon?

4. You ran in to get a telescope. Did anyone grab a camera and take a picture?

5. How long was it visible?

6. How did it finally disappear, in what manner?

7. What shape did it have?

8. What color or colors was it?

9. You say it was a summer day, was it morning, noon, early afternoon, late afternoon?

10. From where you were trying to see it with the telescope, what direction was the object? North, south, east, west, sse, etc...?

11. For the entire time you saw the object, was it in the same direction as stated in #10? If not, how did it change?

12. From your vantage point where you tried to view it with the telescope, about how high, in degrees, was it from the horizon?

13. About how large did it appear in your field of vision, unadjusted? The size of a pea, penny, quarter, baseball, basketball?

Back