• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for T. Allen Greenfield

ondafritz said:
Post your questions for Allen here.

I have a question for Mr Greenfield. I bought his book "Secret Cipher", and I was quite disappointed.

As I understand it, the idea behind the cipher is that one of Aleister Crowley's books, the one whose contents were allegedly channeled (Liber 33 I believe), is used as the "source book". One way that you can use this cipher is with the strange names used by the ufonauts (such as Indrid Cold). These names can be translated using Crowley's book and the result translation reveals the location where the next ufo encounter is going to take place.

Mr Greenfield boasts of a spectacular track record using this cipher technique to predict future ufo sites, and yet *not once* in the entire book does he explain the exact technique of decoding using this cipher, nor does he provide a single example of a translation (such as "Indrid Cold"="Denver, Colorado").

In fact, I was so surprised at the complete lack of a concrete elucidation of the idea which happens to be the foundation of this book, that I've actually gone back to read it a second time because I wonder if I accidentally skipped a crucial chapter. The entire time I was reading I was waiting for "the chapter" that would explain the whole process to me, so that I could go out and test it. And yet the book ended without any such explanation.

I bought the book because I find the cipher idea extremely compelling, and it is something that can be tested. I also really enjoyed listening to both of Mr Greenfield's interviews. However after reading the book, I really have to question the validity of the claims behind this cipher.

I'm in the process of re-reading the book right now. If I come across an explanation of how to use the cipher I'll let you guys know right away. In the meantime, I'd like to hear a review of his book from anyone else on the forum who's actually read it. Specifically if you have an answer to my question: What is the decoding technique using this cipher, and what are some examples of decoded names, specifically ones that we all might be familiar with in ufology lore?

Perhaps Mr Greenfield can describe these things himself. That would be ideal.

I would like to pose the same question to Mr. Greenfield as Jeff Ritzman. I am just now listening to the 8/26 show where Jeff mentions that people who seem to want or seek out any form of paranormal event eventually do have one. That UFOs and other paranormal phenomena seem to be somehow related, and that perhaps they are all demons.

I have also heard David say similarly that they do seem to be related, and that perhaps they are.

This begs the question that the Bible believers would wonder. (I know I lost most of you just now, but bare with me.) The Bible does say in Revelation 12:7-12 that "down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." and further "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

I bet that many of your listeners are, or were previously raised with religious families who believe that ghosts, UFOs, and other paranormal phenomena are all Satan and his demons trying to take away focus from the Bible and God, just as the Bible claims. That Satan has a short time to mislead as many as he can. You mention that they get off on fear which seems to fit.

So regardless of how you feel about the Bible, is it any less possible (than dead people talking through Ouija boards or beings from another dimension/galaxy) that all of these paranormal experiences are indeed related, and are Satan and demons fooling humans? If not, why do you find this an impossibility?

Miah said:
So regardless of how you feel about the Bible, is it any less possible (than dead people talking through Ouija boards or beings from another dimension/galaxy) that all of these paranormal experiences are indeed related, and are Satan and demons fooling humans? If not, why do you find this an impossibility?

I don't know about specific names like "satan" and "demons", but at the top of my list of opinions of what is going on behind the scenes in this world, is the idea that this earth is the domain of a malevolent force that has somehow imprisoned us here in order to feed upon us in some way.

Because of this, the quest for enlightenment is the quest to awaken to the true "horror of the situation" in order to ignite a strong enough will to escape. Without this all-encompassing will to escape, we remain trapped within the cycle of reincarnation (for lack of a better term).

These are just opinions of mine which reflect my personal experience of this world, and not my "beliefs". I'm ok with none of it being true.

Not sure if this helps or not but here is a link where you can download Lexicon, the archaic DOS program circa 1988 that Greenfield is talking about. I think it defaults to Cipher 6 but I can't recall. I may be mistaken but the gist of the operation is:

1. Pick a word or phrase you want to analyze.
2. Enter it into Lexicon which will return a New Aeon English Qabalistic numeric value for your word or phrase. You could do this manually but it is time consuming.
3. Load The Book Of The Law text file that is included in Lexicon.
4. Lexicon will search the file for the occurrences of the same value that you want to analyze.

Note that this DOS program is hard coded to operate in C:LEXICON or it breaks. You'll really need to read the help file included w/ the program to learn to operate it.

If I did this right, INDRID COLD returns a Cipher 6 value of 112 for which there are 101 occurrences of the same value in The Book Of The Law. Lexicon will spit out a text file of the combinations. I suppose the interpretation of such combinations is highly subjective. Healthy skepticism says that the nature of this type of operation is going to return a number of cryptic phrases great enough to allow anyone with a bit of imagination to interpret them however they wish. An occult view might say this is ok and it is all about meaning and context. I dunno. You definitely aren't going to be finding any secret messages like: "The Invasion will begin in 2012. Prepare the slave transport ships."

This is what I pieced together from Greenfield's book. I think cryptic goes with the territory. He gives you some pointers but won't do the work for you or spell it out. I am not an occult practitioner so I may have some of the details wrong here.

Back