• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Ruben Uriarte and Noe Torres?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Longtime California MUFON investigators Ruben Uriarte & Noe Torres will be on the Paracast discussing their latest book, Aliens in the Forest: The Cisco Grove UFO Encounter.
Ruben is a behind-the-scenes kinda guy who has been quietly investigating West Coast/Mexican UFO cases for decades. We will be discussing the enigmatic Cisco Grove case along with the investigation that resulted in their 2007 book Mexico's Roswell. I've followed Ruben's work for years and it was great to finally spend time with him and his San Jose MUFON group during my recent California speaking tour. I look forward to this show where we drill down into reported UFO activity from the West Coast and elsewhere... Please post your questions here!

From Amazon: Aliens in the Forest: The Cisco Grove UFO Encounter
"For the first time ever, the eyewitness in one of the world's most intriguing and least known UFO cases speaks out in public and gives complete information never previously revealed about his terrifying encounter with aliens in a dark forest near Cisco Grove, California. In the fall of 1964, an event much stranger than fiction took place in the ruggedly scenic foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the Tahoe National Forest. Into this remote wilderness stepped 26-year-old Donald Shrum, who planned to enjoy a relaxing weekend hunting deer with his bow and arrows. As he entered the forest, joking and laughing with his two hunting buddies, little did Shrum suspect that shortly he would be locked in the midst of a terrifying 12-hour struggle with alien forces. Armed only with his wits and one of mankind's most primitive weapons, Shrum expended every ounce of his strength in an all-night battle against invaders that seemed bent on overtaking him and carrying him away to a fate worse than death.

"This is the story that the world has been waiting for decades to hear. Because he worked for a company that made missiles for the U.S. military, the eyewitness never revealed his true identity in connection with his UFO encounter until now. This is first and only fully authorized account ever written about this astonishing UFO incident. This UFO case was called "the most spectacular report we have examined" by Coral Lorenzen of the Aerial Phenomenon Investigation Committee (APRO). Paul Cerny of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) said, "There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this incident is factual and authentic. I have spent considerable time plus many visits with the main witness, and along with the testimony of the other witnesses, I can rule out any possibility of a hoax."

"The telling of this incredible tale for the first time ever is with the full cooperation and permission of Mr. Donald R. Shrum, the key eyewitness, his wife Judi, and their son Dan. Judi Shrum, in the book's foreword, writes, "After all these years and for the first time ever, we are disclosing in this book the entire story of my husband's amazing UFO encounter in hopes that others may learn from it, that others may finally know precisely what happened to us, and that perhaps, even so many years after the fact, somehow we might be able to gain additional insight into exactly what did happen in that dark forest." Prepare yourself for this astonishing true story that injects you directly into the middle of a horrifying nightmare come to life and is far more bizarre than any science fiction novel ever could be!"

I know, the editorial copy is a bit over-the-top, but this case deserves our attention and we look forward to Ruben and Noe's visit to the Paracast where they will provide us with the inside story...

Have no questions yet, but the book does get favorable coverage in Magonia:

THE MAGONIA BLOG: DOWN MEMORY LANE

And for those that don't read Magonia, should. To my mind they're sometimes a bit too critical, but I think they represent a rarely seen non-dogmatic skeptical point of view: Inquisitive, intelligent, incisive, but curious.

How many of his investigations over the years have turned up a good possibility that the unknown west coast craft were actually black military projects?

What's his take on the "real" purpose of Vandenberg AFB. Is it what it purports to be, or something more complex and darker?

My question for Ruben and Noe is what they think of the other big Latin American crash/alien case that is Varjenia in Brazil? Also, I know a few years ago there was quite a bit of news in the Spanish media here in SoCal regarding humanoid looking figures seen flying across cities all over Mexico. What is their take on this phenomena, since a lot of the townspeople said that these figures were actually "brujas" or witches and not aliens.

What are their own emotional reactions to the story? Was there a definite moment they can point to where they became convinced of the reality of the encounter? What does the encounter mean to them?

The show is already recorded for Sunday night. But Noe is a member of these forums, and you could open a thread and ask him.

Back