• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question for Mr Biedny or any other Spanish speakers...

Will Penguin

Skilled Investigator
I'm traveling to Barcelona with my fiance in October for a week-long vacation. Although I grew up speaking close-to-fluent Spanish, I haven't used it much in the last decade-plus, and I'm extremely rusty. So as part of preparing for the trip, Im going to try to listen to some audio courses, do some reading, and generally brush up.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any, to steal Binnalls's pet word, "esoteric" podcasts in Spanish. I figure that would be a great way to give my ears some practice, be entertainned, and get some insight into some of the Spanish-speaking part of the world's views of the paranormal and/or UFOs.

Been a decade plus since I've spoken Spanish fluently, as well. Only thing I can suggest is to do a search in ITUNES. Good Luck! :)

In Barcelona the official language is Catalon, a mixture of French and Spanish, but definitely distinctive and a language in its own right. I wouldn't spend too much time brushing up on your Spanish. Just have a good time...I knew neither language when I visited there several years ago.

In Barcelona the official language is Catalon, a mixture of French and Spanish, but definitely distinctive and a language in its own right. I wouldn't spend too much time brushing up on your Spanish. Just have a good time...I knew neither language when I visited there several years ago.

I thought Spanish was still pretty commonly spoken there also. :confused:

There are different dialects in Spain. I once had to use a public phone and chose the wrong dialect. All of a sudden no one was talking spanish anymore!

Best thing to do, in my opinion, is to start listening to Spanish radio stations from around your area. Rent some DVDs. Go to a spanish restaurant/bar and try to strike up a conversation.

I find if you start conversing in spanish that it helps develop your spanish quicker than just listening to it. My spanish is pretty rusty also and it's frustrating especially because I'm from Spain.

Back