• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Question about Graphics Programs and Resolution

NNN

Paranormal User/Skeptic
All I want to do is create BMP files, drawing from scratch, in the resolution of my choice.

I have looked through various lists of free programs but not one mentions available resolutions.

I have a copy of Ultimate Paint but do not see how to alter the resolution of the image.

Am I missing something and being very stupid?

The "resolution" of an image is defined as the density of dots per square inch, and in Photoshop, this density can be specified when creating a new document, or invoking the "Image Size" dialog. As far as how to do this in freeware imaging apps on Windows, sorry, can't help you there. Try Googling the name of the program you're using, and the term "setting resolution", see if that helps.

dB

Back