• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Quantum physics enables revolutionary imaging method

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[I wonder if some day this technique could be used for hunting cloaked UFOs —chris]

Researchers have developed a fundamentally new quantum imaging technique with strikingly counter-intuitive features. For the first time, an image has been obtained without ever detecting the light that was used to illuminate the imaged object, while the light revealing the image never touches the imaged object. Article HERE:

140828110820-large.jpg

A new quantum imaging technique generates images with photons that have never touched to object -- in this case a sketch of a cat. This alludes to the famous Schrödinger cat paradox, in which a cat inside a closed box is said to be simultaneously dead and alive as long there is no information outside the box to rule out one option over the other. Similarly, the new imaging technique relies on a lack of information regarding where the photons are created and which path they take.
Credit: Copyright: Patricia Enigl, IQOQI REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

[I wonder if some day this technique could be used for hunting cloaked UFOs —chris]
Researchers have developed a fundamentally new quantum imaging technique with strikingly counter-intuitive features. For the first time, an image has been obtained without ever detecting the light that was used to illuminate the imaged object, while the light revealing the image never touches the imaged object. Article HERE:

Interesting, but a bit misleading. Some infrared photons still have to interact with the object in order to be able to relay information to their sister red photons. Hypothetically the technique could be used to detect cloaked UFOs, but whether or not it would work would depend on how the cloaking mechanism worked, and there are probably easier ways to go about it.

I dont believe either of you understand it. And it soars higher over my head than venus.

I don't think any of our scientists at this point in time understand why entanglement happens, but assuming that we understand that it does happen somehow, then based on that understanding, the experiment isn't that hard to follow.

However if our understanding of what appears to be entanglement isn't accurate, the results of these types of experiments could be thrown into question. One of the weaknesses I've seen is the assumption that photons travel as discreet packets from one end of the equipment to the other. But that may not be the case. I ran across a piece not long ago that answered a long standing question I had about the nature of reflected light. Is it truly reflected off a mirror like a ball bouncing off a wall, or does the photon hit the mirror, become absorbed, and then re-released as another separate packet?

The piece I saw recently indicated that light isn't reflected like a ball off a wall, but is actually absorbed and re-released as a separate packet of light energy. If that is the case, it raises a lot of questions about how information is relayed via entanglement when the two photons that are presumed to be involved in the detectors at the end of their route aren't actually the same two photons that started out. I've sent a few emails to researchers asking them about this and I have never received a response. I don't know if they simply have no answer, or feel it's beneath their dignity to respond to such silly questions from a non-academic :confused: .

. . . I ran across a piece not long ago that answered a long standing question I had about the nature of reflected light. Is it truly reflected off a mirror like a ball bouncing off a wall, or does the photon hit the mirror, become absorbed, and then re-released as another separate packet?

The piece I saw recently indicated that light isn't reflected like a ball off a wall, but is actually absorbed and re-released as a separate packet of light energy. If that is the case, it raises a lot of questions about how information is relayed via entanglement when the two photons that are presumed to be involved in the detectors at the end of their route aren't actually the same two photons that started out. I've sent a few emails to researchers asking them about this and I have never received a response. I don't know if they simply have no answer, or feel it's beneath their dignity to respond to such silly questions from a non-academic :confused: .

Do you have a link to that article, ufology?

140828110820-large.jpg

A new quantum imaging technique generates images with photons that have never touched to object -- in this case a sketch of a cat. This alludes to the famous Schrödinger cat paradox, in which a cat inside a closed box is said to be simultaneously dead and alive as long there is no information outside the box to rule out one option over the other. Similarly, the new imaging technique relies on a lack of information regarding where the photons are created and which path they take.
Credit: Copyright: Patricia Enigl, IQOQI REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

Here is the fascinating last paragraph of that article:

"Stunningly, all of the infrared photons (the only light that illuminated the object) are discarded; the picture is obtained by only detecting the red photons that never interacted with the object. The camera used in the experiment is even blind to the infrared photons that have interacted with the object. In fact, very low light infrared cameras are essentially unavailable on the commercial market. The researchers are confident that their new imaging concept is very versatile and could even enable imaging in the important mid-infrared region. It could find applications where low light imaging is crucial, in fields such as biological or medical imaging."

I read an article just yesterday announcing evidence that cats, dogs, and some other animals have visual access to the infrared spectrum, and it's been recognized earlier that many organisms other than our species have access to the ultraviolet spectrum. This link goes to an article re animals and the UV spectrum. I'm still looking for the one I read yesterday concerning animals whose perception extends to the infrared spectrum.

Superpower vision lets cats and dogs see in ultraviolet

Re ufos, these extended visual capabilities might well account for the reactions of various types of animals to the proximity of a ufo. It's possible that they see more of the ufo than we do, and it's equally likely that they hear sounds emitted by ufos that we cannot hear.

These extensions and possible enhancements of visual and sound spectra beyond our own might also account for the marked behaviors of many cats (and dogs) in the presence of paranormal activity. My cat has responded many dozens of time over the last six years to a phenomenon I can't see or hear but which she can see and hear vividly. She follows that which she can see as it apparently moves around the room (and at times she has followed it down to a resting place on or in front of her paws; when in front of her paws, she has reached out and attempted to catch it or stop it as her eyes follow it from point to point apparently moving around in front of her). Simultaneously, during these visual and behavioral events, her ears have, in tandem, followed the apparent direction of a moving sound, moving in the same direction of movements she is following visually. So whatever she is perceiving through her senses, it must generate both light and sound outside the spectra I am able to perceive. She clearly finds these episodes to be interesting and somewhat alarming, for she fluffs up her fur and her heart rate increases. She also licks her paws frequently during these episodes, and has often been exhausted following them, depending perhaps on how long they last.

Last edited:
Interesting, but a bit misleading. Some infrared photons still have to interact with the object in order to be able to relay information to their sister red photons.

Yes, but that doesn't diminish the power of quantum entanglement itelf to convey information in the classical level of 'reality' we're accustomed to, does it? If or when we understand quantum entanglement and learn how to use or cooperate with it, we will live in the world in a different way than we do now.

Yes, but that doesn't diminish the power of quantum entanglement itelf to convey information in the classical level of 'reality' we're accustomed to, does it?
I guess that all depends on what you mean by "power". It will take some inventive mind to come up with a working practical application that does a task better than any other way of doing things before it's, "power", has any real use. In the meantime, we can already "convey information in the classical level of 'reality' we're accustomed to" very well without adding the extra steps involved in the experiment.
If or when we understand quantum entanglement and learn how to use or cooperate with it, we will live in the world in a different way than we do now.
How will it be different? Please elaborate.

What else can we do with light? / what more can light do for us when we understand how to use it? This article I just happened upon suggests some already discovered uses:
Equine, Animal Infrared Light PAIN-X 2000 LEDs to improve health and performance.

Careful. I heard another doctor on the radio one day say that infrared can be more damaging than ultraviolet. Here's a quote from one article:

"Near infrared waves are short and not hot — in fact you cannot even feel them — which is what makes them particularly dangerous to susceptible tissues, such as skin and eyes. Skin exposed to IR provides a warning mechanism against thermal effect in the form of pain. Eyes, on the other hand, may not. Since the eye cannot detect IR, blinking or closing the eyes to help prevent or reduce damage may not happen. IR, particularly IR-A or near IR [700nm-1400nm], raises the internal temperature of the eye, essentially “baking” it.

Medical studies indicate that prolonged IR exposure can lead to lens, cornea and retina damage, including cataracts, corneal ulcers and retinal burns, respectively. To help protect against long-term IR exposure, workers can wear products with IR filters or reflective coatings. The Standard provides requirements for welding and infrared filters, including exact product markings required for specific filtering claims. This makes the selection of appropriate PPE a bit easier for those trained in the use of TLVs, such as an industrial hygienist.

The Standard does not, however, provide requirements for IR reflectance. While the North American market offers reflective-coated products designed for use in elevated temperatures (ET), many times these are mistakenly used only to help prevent worker heat stress. Unfortunately, ET conditions also lend themselves for likely long-term IR exposure ..." ( source )
Also see this link: https://www.safetyequipment.org/userfiles/File/ProUp_Oct09.pdf

Here is the fascinating last paragraph of that article:

"Stunningly, all of the infrared photons (the only light that illuminated the object) are discarded; the picture is obtained by only detecting the red photons that never interacted with the object. The camera used in the experiment is even blind to the infrared photons that have interacted with the object. In fact, very low light infrared cameras are essentially unavailable on the commercial market. The researchers are confident that their new imaging concept is very versatile and could even enable imaging in the important mid-infrared region. It could find applications where low light imaging is crucial, in fields such as biological or medical imaging."

I read an article just yesterday announcing evidence that cats, dogs, and some other animals have visual access to the infrared spectrum, and it's been recognized earlier that many organisms other than our species have access to the ultraviolet spectrum. This link goes to an article re animals and the UV spectrum. I'm still looking for the one I read yesterday concerning animals whose perception extends to the infrared spectrum.

Superpower vision lets cats and dogs see in ultraviolet

Re ufos, these extended visual capabilities might well account for the reactions of various types of animals to the proximity of a ufo. It's possible that they see more of the ufo than we do, and it's equally likely that they hear sounds emitted by ufos that we cannot hear.

These extensions and possible enhancements of visual and sound spectra beyond our own might also account for the marked behaviors of many cats (and dogs) in the presence of paranormal activity. My cat has responded many dozens of time over the last six years to a phenomenon I can't see or hear but which she can see and hear vividly. She follows that which she can see as it apparently moves around the room (and at times she has followed it down to a resting place on or in front of her paws; when in front of her paws, she has reached out and attempted to catch it or stop it as her eyes follow it from point to point apparently moving around in front of her). Simultaneously, during these visual and behavioral events, her ears have, in tandem, followed the apparent direction of a moving sound, moving in the same direction of movements she is following visually. So whatever she is perceiving through her senses, it must generate both light and sound outside the spectra I am able to perceive. She clearly finds these episodes to be interesting and somewhat alarming, for she fluffs up her fur and her heart rate increases. She also licks her paws frequently during these episodes, and has often been exhausted following them, depending perhaps on how long they last.

Elephant's can hear rainstorms upto 500 miles away Constance, proven fact, that's why as a herd, they will just suddenly 'set sail' and start marching for days, in a straight line directly to the storm.

I will try and link the doco, i too only watched it in the last couple of days, it was called 'super sense's' or something similar, how/why animals dissapear from an area before disastrous weather hit's etc..

Heres the series it was on bbc iplayer.

BBC iPlayer - Super Senses: The Secret Power of Animals - 2. Sound

I havent watched this one, but by the title its right/

BBC iPlayer - Super Senses: The Secret Power of Animals - 1. Sight

Last edited:
Back