• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Provide Commercial Free Past Shows to Paracast-Plus Subsribers?

SheaOlmsford

Paranormal Adept
I have no idea of the work required (although with Total Recorder I have been doing what I am about to suggest for pre-Paracast Plus episodes), but one suggestion is for you to create commercial-free versions of earlier shows (perhaps do one per week?) that would be available only to Subscribers. This could be advertised as ANOTHER FEATURE of Paracast Plus. I know that with Total Recorder I can do around 5 or more episodes a day, simply removing the commercial blocks, then merging the files into one for the episode. I am not volunteering to do this for the Paracast, since my software is very basic. But if you actually spend a lot of time on-line, you might consider doing this to enhance Paracast Plus.

Good idea. But it takes time to locate and edit the items. Plus every generation of recording will sacrifice audio quality. It's a possibility though. If you want to try one let me know.

Gene, I have just been taking the shows from the public archive. I download them to my PC. Then I load them into TOTAL RECORDER, an inexpensive basic software application I purchased. This app allows me to play the downloaded Paracast file, skip forward to the next commercial break, then cut the file at this point. So I have a Paracast Episode Part 1 (up to the first break). Then I start Part 2 and skim forward to the next break, and cut the file again at this point. This creates Part 2. I repeat this process and end up with perhaps 6 parts per episode. Then I use a free app to merge MP3 files to slam them all back together into 1 file. Viola! I have a Paracast episode with no commercial breaks. Sure, it takes some time, but I am retired and it is something to do. You may have more sophisticated ways to do this. Isn't there a base file with no commercials that you then insert the commercials before the episode goes live? Seems to me you would already have such a file available.

Gene, all this work is worthwhile for me because I collect the audio episodes of the Paracast and some other internet shows like MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE. But if your client base just listens to an episode once and doesn't care about saving the episodes into a private library, then maybe none of this would be deemed of value to them. I also have hundreds of old Art Bell Coast to Coast episodes from the 90's, which are fun to play on a cold windy stormy night, even in Arizona.

Final word: It was just an idea. I am not encouraging you to do it on just my behalf since I can do it for myself. I have not noticed a decline in audio quality for the process I use. Just wanted to offer the idea in case it increases the attraction of Paracast Plus to potential subscribers. I know that for me, the commercials drive me half way insane.

I want to do it. You see, I didn't retain the "raw" copies of older episodes. I only use them now to create the ad-free version. But this is all doable. It's all a matter of time and attention to detail to maximize audio quality. So, yes, I would want to do it and will work out the best method.

Good idea. But it takes time to locate and edit the items. Plus every generation of recording will sacrifice audio quality. It's a possibility though. If you want to try one let me know.

Fission offers lossless editing of MP3's and AAC's.

Ah yes, from Rogue Amoeba. We use their Audio Hijack Pro app in recording our shows.

We have worked with them before, so I wrote their people about this to see if it suits. Seems to. I might try a couple of older episodes and see how the workflow flies. It takes time to locate each ad block, of course.

Hi Gene
Your are sitting on a mine of incredible data.
Is there anyone out there that can work with Gene to get Azure to transcribe his audios on everything he has and then inject into a format that the AI tools (again in Azure) can scrutinize.
The format will allow for an interface to search through the transcripts from 'perspectives' . So everything where George Knapp is mentioned to give me what you got on cigar shaped UFO's
Please is there anyone out there that can help Gene?

Back