• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Protocols For Contact

Who should make the rules regarding "Contact" with Alien intelligence life forms should it be our scientist , military , religious institutions or United Nations within the World community? Interesting, academic paper on this question,

[1701.08422] Post-Detection SETI Protocols & METI: The Time Has Come To Regulate Them Both
On one hand, it's a valid question.

On the other hand, it's not likely to be enacted.

Think about it. Let's say we receive a signal today. It will likely get heard all over the planet, not just one listening post because that's the way radio works. And you're gonna trust a bunch of geeky scientists who believe science is open source to keep it under wraps? Not gonna happen.

And whatever sent the signal will hear what it perceives to be our response... from 60+ years ago of sending radio transmissions. Plus whatever schmuck decides to put up an antenna and starts sending their own. I mean, it's radio. You can make radio waves easily.

So you're probably gonna get a bunch of 50's sit coms, 70's soap operas, episodes of Seinfeld and Friends, and then a bunch of dick pics.

On one hand, it's a valid question.

On the other hand, it's not likely to be enacted.

Think about it. Let's say we receive a signal today. It will likely get heard all over the planet, not just one listening post because that's the way radio works. And you're gonna trust a bunch of geeky scientists who believe science is open source to keep it under wraps? Not gonna happen.

And whatever sent the signal will hear what it perceives to be our response... from 60+ years ago of sending radio transmissions. Plus whatever schmuck decides to put up an antenna and starts sending their own. I mean, it's radio. You can make radio waves easily.

So you're probably gonna get a bunch of 50's sit coms, 70's soap operas, episodes of Seinfeld and Friends, and then a bunch of dick pics.

Very plausible. What I find funny all the folks worried about the rock star disclosure movement and you taken the time to read this academic paper. Which Dr.Michio Kaku podcast discussed this day after and 'Making Contact' Profiles Pioneering Alien Hunter Jill Tarter which have to purchase. It's like the social engineering towards the "Deep Covert Space Program" its was "NAZIS "then moving towards current technology as suggest rockstar. The new Gandalf of ufology. Also enjoyed Lt-Col (Dr) Randle latest book which I purchased which well written with footnotes and enjoyed his viewpoints. Especially the " Ramey" comments about classification material unless done for audience consumption UFO BOMBSHELL: Could this memo solve Roswell 'flying saucer' crash mystery? Rather found p.47. Very interesting and hope his back on Paracast Show again. Did Captain Richard T Holder of United States Air Force work at Roswell prior to Socorro event or at Pentagon in 1952?

Last edited:
Let me put it another way, We have protocols for dealing with other species. A classic example is Whales here in australia

Approaching whales and dolphins in NSW | NSW Environment & Heritage

Due to the popularity of whale and dolphin watching activities the Commonwealth developed The Australian National Guidelines for Whale and Dolphin Watching 2017. The Commonwealth, states and territories agreed to introduce consistent regulations for marine mammal protection in all jurisdictions so the same rules applied across Australia. These regulations are aimed at reducing disturbance to marine animals, ensuring their welfare is maintained.

Who speaks for the Whales and Dolphins ?

No No, The point i'm trying to make is that "Protocols" get written by the more advanced species, the lessor ones don't get a say.

Mike,
I gathered that and science relies on the factor of evolution as its "foundation blocks" to species on the Earth. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ird-flapping-proved-right-explains-pigeons/So we must assume "if" other intelligence life form exist their "Protocols" would be alien to us. Of course they or it might have "DNA" which able to interact with our species especially from a water born exoplanet .

Last edited:
Back