• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Possible sighting

Joe_A

Paranormal Novice
Hi guys, I was walking out of the wood shop at work and I looked up and noticed a weird light in the sky. For a second I almost dismissed it as a star or air plane but I looked at it again and thought it was strange. So, I decided to grab my phone and take a short video. To my amazement there was two more lights that formed a triangle. I couldn't see them with my "naked eye" though. They only appeared on my phone. At the same time I also noticed a dust particle on my lens that would move as I moved my phone. So I shifted my phone from left to right and the triangle stayed positioned right where it was. There are light on the building but I think by moving my phone side to side it rules out glare, I don't know. I posted it on youtube and will post the link below.

Thank you for posting. Whether you caught something really strange or not it is good you took the time to upload and post, it is most appreciated.

While I am no expert and in Ufology we see so many 'lights in the sky' type videos, it does seem at first glance to be 3 quite bright objects stationary in the sky making a triangle. Perhaps someone with software and knowledge could turn up the contrast etc to try and see if it was a solid object?

Would you be willing/able if asked to provide and exact copy of the original - not compressed in any way etc?

Goggs

Double what Gogg's said. I don't think there is anything to be made of your not seeing the lights with your naked eye and only having thelights picked up by the cellphone though. I would think that if the camera on your cell phone picked up a couple of lights your eyes should have. your eyes are way more receptive to low level light than a cell phone camera . Perhaps after they got adjusted to the low light your eyes would have picked them up as well but the cell phone camera would have not been affected by any night blindness. They probably were there but your eyes weren't adjusted yet.

Also, I didn't consider my eyes not being adjusted to low light. I did just come out of a well lit shop.

Very good camera position and control. Did I understand correctly that you only saw the one brighter light with your eyes, and only saw the two dimmer ones on playback?

I've noted the frequency with which photos and videos show what appear to be triangular formations of orbs within the atmosphere and also in space. One noted example took place during STS-115. Some such apparent formations seem to be at times holding fixed relationships to one another and at other times breaking the formation and moving separately out of it. It occurred to me that it might be possible that individual ufos that appear to us like orbs might have the ability to share information and/or energetic connections by maintaining triangular formations and have some purpose or purposes in doing so. Here is a list I compiled about four years ago of photos and videos illustrating such triangular formations:

http://www.alien-sightings.com/vide...formation-on-101109-at-1037pm-in-se-michigan/

http://onlysecrecy.com/videos/lates...le-ufo-over-beijing-china-feb-13th-2011/2905/

http://onlysecrecy.com/videos/best-ufo-2010/triangle-ufo-over-uk-june-13th-2009/2131/

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

. . . CONTINUED in subsequent posts; I'm unable to post the whole list at once for some reason . . .

Last edited:
I apologize that many of those links are now dead. I've removed several and will remove more after I copy the dates and places of some of the photos and videos to see if I can locate them somewhere else. I'll update the list shortly.

Just closed a case recently here in Oregon, some fellow down in Grants Pass saw three lights hovering, on the way home from his daughter's basketball game. He pulled off to the side of the road, watched it for a minute or two - and at the exact moment he remembered his camera in the back seat and turned to reach for it - the triangular object started moving and accelerated away, before he could photograph it.

I'm running into that phenomenon more and more, and thinking about doing a statistical study on it.

I'm running into that phenomenon more and more, and thinking about doing a statistical study on it.

By that are you talking about the fact that some people are so dumbstruck by a sighting it doesn't occur to them to document the sighting? If so, thumbs up.

Hi guys, I was walking out of the wood shop at work and I looked up and noticed a weird light in the sky. For a second I almost dismissed it as a star or air plane but I looked at it again and thought it was strange. So, I decided to grab my phone and take a short video. To my amazement there was two more lights that formed a triangle. I couldn't see them with my "naked eye" though. They only appeared on my phone. At the same time I also noticed a dust particle on my lens that would move as I moved my phone. So I shifted my phone from left to right and the triangle stayed positioned right where it was. There are light on the building but I think by moving my phone side to side it rules out glare, I don't know. I posted it on youtube and will post the link below.

The "particle" definitely moves with the camera, so I guess it probably is a reflection from a light source below. The "lights in the sky", on the other hand, don't move at all, so they are most likely stars. Maybe we're just seeing the brighter ones and that's what makes it look like a formation. Was it a clear night? And what made you think these lights were strange?

Last edited:
a statistical study

Or do you mean a statistical study on the recurring sightings of triangular formations of orbs that appear to move as one object (at least part of time during which they are observed)? I'd love to see a large catalogue of those types of sightings and theorizing about what kinds of connections among the three separate objects could account for the phenomenon.

By that are you talking about the fact that some people are so dumbstruck by a sighting it doesn't occur to them to document the sighting? If so, thumbs up.

That would be part of it, Wade, yes. I am mostly interested in why it is that UAP seem to be 'telepathic' sometimes. Could be a coincidence, for all I know, but it'd be interesting to crunch the numbers.

With all of this copious spare time I have, you know.

I'd love to see a large catalogue of those types of sightings and theorizing about what kinds of connections among the three separate objects could account for the phenomenon.

So would I. ;)

What I have in mind would not be limited to the orbs/triangles particularly, although I could certainly address that as a subset.

Really doing an investigation, even a preliminary one, requires important background information. For example, where were you, what time was it, what date, and what direction were you looking in?

Back