• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Possible link between the paranormal and calcium

JohnoUK

Paranormal Novice
Hi fellow paracsters.......

After the last 3 weeks traveling on very few hours rest from my wifes latest home in south China to the north and back on family stuff i had a strange spell of sleep patterns. Once or so every few days culminating into hours i would have bouts of sleep paralysis with the normal symptoms of feeling wide awake yet halucinating beings, family members, off world beings or close freinds saying or doing bad things to me as i slept. Things got bad when i had entitys ( i felt ET) attacking me almost within moments of falling asleep thus causing longer spells of no sleep.

Now this would sound just as bad dreams or sleep crap but as they got worse i found a strange pattern... Please hang in here guys.

As i headed north i started a calcium suppliment to counter the effects of a low protein and calcium diet (1000 mg per day) . The next morning after i started the suppliment of calcium the most intense dreams and night terrors appeared. When i was a wee lad we had a saying back in the UK to not eat cheese before you slept as the nightmares would get you.

From that nights sleep after the first calcium suppliment the night terrors started. They included terrible thoughts about family members to include feelings of being thrown from my bed, women in short skirts with a blacked out face swearing at me and also too invisible groups of hands crushing my chest.

Since i came back the terrors have been frequient up till 3 days ago when i stopped the calcium suppliment upon my return. Now no night terrors, audio halucinations or strange faces invading my mind as i slept.

As members of the paracast i urge you to find or dispell the link between calcium and the mind............ It is well worth the trip

For fun i will call it hallucicalcium

Very interesting. If there's a connection it could be related to a lack of a sufficient amount of magnesium to balance the calcium in what you're taking into your body. The optimal balace is 2:1, calcium to magnesium. Insufficient magnesium in the human diet does produce a number of negative consequences in the nervous system and behavior of humans.

Very interesting. If there's a connection it could be related to a lack of a sufficient amount of magnesium to balance the calcium in what you're taking into your body. The optimal balace is 2:1, calcium to magnesium. Insufficient magnesium in the human diet does produce a number of negative consequences in the nervous system and behavior of humans.

Thanks for the info about magnesium. I was unaware of the balance between the two. I may try to reproduce the effects again but this time include a magnesium suppliment.

from a different viewpoint, what if the combination isn't just a hallucination, but actually opening you up to another world and actually allowing your brain to see and process other entities

from a different viewpoint, what if the combination isn't just a hallucination, but actually opening you up to another world and actually allowing your brain to see and process other entities
Possible.... Isnt there some kind of relation between the pinal gland and calcium. Sure i read that somewhere.

Possible.... Isnt there some kind of relation between the pinal gland and calcium. Sure i read that somewhere.

I'm not sure about that but I do understand that the fluoride added to municipalities drinking water causes calcification of the pineal gland but a couple of hours in the sun helps eliminate that condition.

I'm not sure about that but I do understand that the fluoride added to municipalities drinking water causes calcification of the pineal gland but a couple of hours in the sun helps eliminate that condition.
AAAhhh thank you.... That is what it was. Yes Flouride has an effect of changing the pinal gland... If i remember it calcifies (if that is a word) the pinal gland. Ok thanks. I will do a bit more research and update this if i have any ything worthy of helping... Thanks for clearing this up

On a side note then if the pinal gland reacts or has an effect to calcium and that gland is the say "door way" then would this add any credence to the old wives tale of dont eat cheese before sleeping?

Very interesting post JohnoUK (I'll just call you Johno for brevity). I have had sleep paralysis myself a number of times but I've never had any entities or ET's or shadow figures. In fact I've never felt there was anything in the room, though I totally believe it happens.

I'm sure you are aware that your own experience with calcium and the strength of the night terrors is nowhere near enough to prove anything but it is very worthy of noting and I agree that maybe someone far more qualified than I could look into it. It reminds me of the idea that limestone seems to figure highly in haunted locations and anything that might give the paranormal an 'edge' is worth investigating. Thanks for sharing your experience and do keep us informed if you find out any more.

Thanks Goggs.... If you or anyone else interested would like to see if this theory holds any merit you could always try the "eating cheese" before a nap. Just a pizza or cheese sandwich should be enough to test the waters. I am currently off the cheese so to speak until those suppliments i took had enough time to deplete then i will try again under a more controlled enviroment.

Back