• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Pop Culture.

Richard Hawkins

Paranormal Adept
I have just discovered a little GEm on you tube,it contains many old serials from the 40s and 50s including the original Batman,Batman and Robin and the original Captain Marvel. It is called Rocket Reel Cinema.

Trivia:

Due to copyright issues and lawsuits, Captain Marvel was ultimately discontinued. It resurfaced as Shazam, the character featured in a 2019 movie with a large enough box office to merit a sequel. Marvel Comics has their own Captain Marvel, but it's about a female superhero.

The character of the Scorpion in the 1941 Captain Marvel movie serial was originally in the comics at the time Otto Binder was a writer for them.

In 1959, Binder was co-creator of Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes for DC.

Although a sci-fi and comic book writer, he also wrote about science and UFOs.

I met Binder a couple of times in the late 60s and early 70s, and he gave me a couple of tidbits about his old friend, Ray Palmer.

Trivia:

Due to copyright issues and lawsuits, Captain Marvel was ultimately discontinued. It resurfaced as Shazam, the character featured in a 2019 movie with a large enough box office to merit a sequel. Marvel Comics has their own Captain Marvel, but it's about a female superhero.

The character of the Scorpion in the 1941 Captain Marvel movie serial was originally in the comics at the time Otto Binder was a writer for them.

In 1959, Binder was co-creator of Supergirl and the Legion of Super Heroes for DC.

Although a sci-fi and comic book writer, he also wrote about science and UFOs.

I met Binder a couple of times in the late 60s and early 70s, and he gave me a couple of tidbits about his old friend, Ray Palmer.
That's fantastic because I think you knew Ray Palmer fairly well.

Back