• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Point LookOut Camping Trip...

jritzmann

Skilled Investigator
Hi-
I'll be going with my lovely wife and strapping son to Point LookOut MD., on a 3 day camping trip. There's a lighthouse, and several old buildings dating back to the civil war era (and some older I'm told). Seems like a nice place and good fishing (which is a must for me).

It's also supposed to be insanely haunted. I'm going with my wife's sisters and their families, along with their many friends (about 30 total). All but my wife and I have been there before and most have reported some sort of paranormal experience, up to and including being "bumped" at night from under their sleeping bags and bottom of feet (area used to be a hospital during some old epidemic where they used to bump you on the feet or under your bed at night to see if you were alive), as well as apparent apparitions and sounds.

I'll be taking the "GhostWacker 5000" SnakeOil built ;) as well as the DV Hi-8, digital camera (stills) and DVR. I'm trying now to locate an inexpensive IR illuminator for putting the camera in the lighthouse (supposedly the centerpoint of the hauntings) overnight, which I'm trying to get special permission from Rangers to do.

I'll be approaching this whole thing from a debunk standpoint and seeing what I can dismiss, and I'll post any and everything I get here.

~J

Forgive me for bringing back this older topic, but I am new to the forums and just now discovered it.

I was wondering what the outcome of your trip was. I had experienced some strangeness there back in 2001. I have often considered going back but have been way too nervous to do so.

Also I have come across a few Point Lookout UFO sightings posted about the internet and if memory serves me well, I think there was even a report in Project Blue Book concerning a sighting of a red sphere suspended over the water for several hours.

jritzmann said:
Hi-
I'll be going with my lovely wife and strapping son to Point LookOut MD., on a 3 day camping trip. There's a lighthouse, and several old buildings dating back to the civil war era (and some older I'm told). Seems like a nice place and good fishing (which is a must for me).

To heck with the ghost-ses, how was the fishing? :D

Back