• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Physicians' Untold Stories: Ask Dr. Scott Kolbaba

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I got this email the other day:

My name is Dr. Scott Kolbaba and I have been a physician in Chicago, Illinois for 35+ years. 26 physicians and I came together to write a book called Physicians’ Untold Stories. It includes near death experiences, unexplained miraculous healing, apparitions, dreams foretelling future events and more. These 27 miracle stories are all true and cannot be explained by current day medical school training.

Curious? You bet, so I've invited Dr. Kolbaba to appear on The Paracast to talk about some of those cases. We'll be recording the segment Wednesday, October 12 from 4:30 until 6:30 PM Pacific.

Dr. Scott Kolbaba, after completing a tour in the Marine Corps Reserves, attended the University of Illinois College of Medicine where he graduated with honors and was rewarded membership in the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. He completed his residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and has been featured in Chicago Magazine as a "Top Doctor" in internal medicine. Dr. Kolbaba is currently an internist in private practice in Wheaton, Illinois.

For those who couldn't get enough of me.

My first question will be: So, I hear from a non-scientist that an afterlife is impossible. As an actual doctor / scientist, I'm wondering what you think about that.
That would be fabulous. I've posted the short version of my reasoning here: Philosophy, Science, and the Unexplained in the event that he wants to actually address the reasoning rather than simply provide vague unsubstantiated opinions and interesting annecdotes. Mind you he is a doctor so he should also have this figured out. No wait ... apparently not. The ship is listing woo-ward very fast ...

"Meant to awe instruct and inspire, these tales will convince even the harshest
skeptic that there are things beyond this physical world.
That sometimes all we need to do is believe."

Physician's Untold Stories

:rolleyes:

Seems like you already have your answer there Paul. All you have to do is believe.

Last edited:
This was a fabulous episode with some heartwarming stories to consider, and mysteries to ponder. And, yes, Dr. Kolbaba is clearly a very spiritual person.

I'm really happy Paul came on this one, because it was right up in his territory and he rushed and read the book so he was fully prepared with lots of fascinating questions.

Give it a listen.

Paul returns on After The Paracast this weekend if anyone has further questions to ask on subjects having nothing to do with UFOs.

Well, we did talk about Tom DeLong and the latest UFO disclosure fiasco. Briefly, and then we moved on.

I'm happy to entertain questions on any subject.

And thanks for having me co-host, Gene. It was a wonderful experience chatting with Scott.

I'm really looking forward to this week's show and the topic being discussed. The added bonus of a Kimball co-host scenario is just simply gravy. I don't think you could have asked for a better topic-specific partner for this discussion, which should elevate the level of discourse nicely. You know, until Randall shits on it in the forums, of course... J/K JR! ;)

I'm really looking forward to this week's show and the topic being discussed. The added bonus of a Kimball co-host scenario is just simply gravy. I don't think you could have asked for a better topic-specific partner for this discussion, which should elevate the level of discourse nicely. You know, until Randall shits on it in the forums, of course... J/K JR! ;)

Before I put Randall on "ignore" he made his statement that life after death is impossible, so I asked Scott about that (given that he's an actual scientist / doctor). His answer was interesting.

Enjoyed that show and just one caveat the bad experiences lacking seems odd . Moreover, like in life we have good and bad so why wouldn't be any different during life after death episodes. Referring back to a discussion with a couple of mature age nurses who having worked in the medical area for a long time mentioned parts of hospitals wards which they would not like going into at times and found uncomfortable due some presents after folks passed on.

Also does the religious examples of eyewitness accounts give a bias to the experiences? More , examples of atheists aspects which Paul referred too and their interaction during life after death episodes. Does music have an impact on near death experiences as we all are culturally conditioned through music . One example which the family decided to play a tune of the dying person which was the King (Elvis) they woke up and seem to be alert, Once the music finished and then went back into previous state which they died hours later. Did Dr. Scott Kolbaba find this a common occurrence in palliative care with other patients ? Also during your research Dr . Scott Kolbaba did you exclude music as ( interference ) playing in the background in the operation theater of rooms prior to their life after death experience in your research ? Can it be part of the near death experience formation of the event such as dreams ? Gather Dr Scott Kolbaba took into account medicals teams do talk among themselves during operations and Dr . Scott Kolbaba , is it possible a near death patient can overhear noise while under anesthetic ? Overall great show.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this show quite a bit. The Doc was a very good guest and Paul’s questions and insights were spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back