• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paranormal Mentoring Program

Jeff Crowell

Paranormal Annoyance
So, I just got off the phone from talking to Loyd Auerbach about a mentoring program he's going to offer. The purpose of the program is to encourage more critical thinking and scientific measure within the research of ghosts and hauntings.......to try to get away from the pop culture, non-critical aspect that we see in the field so much these days.

The idea very much appeals to me but while talking to him I brought up my growing interest in UFO's and the idea that UFO's and haunting phenomena have common threads, hinting at a GUT, or Grand Unified Theory of the paranormal. Loyd was all for that and started relating a few discussions he'd had with his old college professor of astronomy. Later he mentioned something about a skeptic entering the field of ghost hunting to disprove the entire thing only to become a believer in such phenomenon later on. I said that there are a lot of people in the field of UFO's that are like that, too!....once-skeptics who start to realize that there may, actually, be something to this stuff. Again Loyd brought up his astronomy professor and said, "He was a guy by the name of J. Allan Hynek...." I just about shit my pants! LOL. I would have LOVED to be a fly on the way during a discussion between Loyd Auerbach and J. Allan Hynek, to proverbial giants in their respective fields talking about paranormal phenomena. The idea blows my mind, and in the immortal words of Sheldon Cooper, "Once a mind is blown it cannot be unblown."

Just thought I'd share.

J.

Who knows? Maybe if this mentoring thing goes well I'll be able to press Mr. Auerbach about some of his exchanges with Hynek.

I want Kerry Cassidy to be my mentor. Can you imagine the fun you would have trying to NOT burst every bubble she has?
It would be like comedy gold on tap....I can't wait to see the next idiot she will endorse and what frankly, lunatic delusions of being a guerilla-war-whistleblower-extraordinaire' she will currently be enjoying de-jour (pardon Angelo).:rolleyes:

So, I just got off the phone from talking to Loyd Auerbach about a mentoring program he's going to offer. The purpose of the program is to encourage more critical thinking and scientific measure within the research of ghosts and hauntings.......to try to get away from the pop culture, non-critical aspect that we see in the field so much these days.

The idea very much appeals to me but while talking to him I brought up my growing interest in UFO's and the idea that UFO's and haunting phenomena have common threads, hinting at a GUT, or Grand Unified Theory of the paranormal. Loyd was all for that and started relating a few discussions he'd had with his old college professor of astronomy ...

It's about time someone on that side of the fence opened up to the possibilities offered by ufology, and not that my commendation means anything, but good going for bringing it up! On the flip side, let's hope it doesn't backfire on us by getting dragged into his "psychic entertainment" gigs in a way that adds even more problems for the image of ufology than we've already got.

It's about time someone on that side of the fence opened up to the possibilities offered by ufology, and not that my commendation means anything, but good going for bringing it up! On the flip side, let's hope it doesn't backfire on us by getting dragged into his "psychic entertainment" gigs in a way that adds even more problems for the image of ufology than we've already got.

Actually Loyd was very open to it. I could tell this was not the first time he'd discussed it. He wasn't put off by the fact that I was interested in the study of UFO's along with haunting phenomenon, in fact he seemed encouraging to the idea.

Dang! Sandy, I'm glad somebody besides me gets it! Lloyd's mentoring program sounds really cool, sign me up...

I'd say you could sign me up too, but I already know how to psychicly conjure up the invisible ghost of an alien who can tell me what the past life of the lady in the third row is ... but I could use a little help with the spoon bending.

What brought me to discover Christopher O'Brien - and later this site - involved me researching anything I could find about the town where I was living in northern New Mexico after repeated "odd" occurrences kept happening there. The books I found about the area led me to learn more about northern New Mexico and later the reputation of the San Luis Valley (through O'Brien's books). This had all been entirely new to me in spite of the fact I had lived not far from the valley. I think sometimes we deliberately tune out certain things we simply aren't ready to glimpse on our radar.

Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is because I noticed in my research how there seemed to be a sort of overlapping of different paranormal activity - and how different people from different cultures could view the strange occurrences affecting me and draw entirely different conclusions about what these were. What is a ghost or angry spirit to one person may be a demon or witch to another and yet an ET phenomenon to a third person.

For example: Where I was living, I never personally saw a strange light but some of the "demonic" occurrences or "witchcraft" which happened there (as believed by one group) has been considered to be UFO-related by another. Could both groups be right? If I had the exact same experiences in many towns in Colorado rather than this particular town in New Mexico, I think I may well have been told it was an ET or a being from a different dimension trying to make contact. It also seems as though people who have had one distinct type of phenomena may soon have other types of phenomena occur. Where I'm currently living, there's been a surprising number of recent Bigfoot sightings yet I also distinctly remember reports of UFOs in the area immediately before this latest batch of sightings. On my local community forum, one person wrote me to say that her friend routinely sees UFOs, usually a large rectangular craft, late at night and further down the county road where I live. This is one of the places where there have also been Bigfoot sightings. In a neighboring small town where there's been a rash of Bigfoot sightings, people have also been reporting what they believe is the whistle of a ghost train following tracks which were torn up decades ago. What I find unfortunate is that the Bigfoot researchers up here, as well as many of those reporting the sightings, are loathe to be linked to any UFO research because THAT is what they feel is crazy. The reverse is also true. So, for this and other reasons I don't care to go into right now, I can't help but wonder if there's some commonality between these different types of activity.

When I entered this UFO field all those years ago I already was convinced there was something very strange about it. Having investigated a couple of cattle mutes as a criminal investigator, and also having had my own sightings. Then as the years started to tumble past my ration of weird shit increased. For a while I felt it was my duty to attempt to convince media/skeptics and others to at least open their mind to the possibility that "something" strange was happening. After a while however it began to sink in that media was a lost cause, the skeptics that I interfaced with ... Jim Oberg, Phil Klass, Joe Nickles (sp?) Curtis Peebles, and others, were all lost causes. They weren't skeptics ... they were dogmatic debunkers. It is a bitch to suddenly become "enlightened." These days I know what I know, I know what I saw, I know what "I" experienced, I know who I talked to and what I have been told.

My bottom line? I no longer care who either believes something is going on, or who believes nothing is going on. It is just that simple.

Decker

What brought me to discover Christopher O'Brien - and later this site - involved me researching anything I could find about the town where I was living in northern New Mexico after repeated "odd" occurrences kept happening there ... Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is because I noticed in my research how there seemed to be a sort of overlapping of different paranormal activity - and how different people from different cultures could view the strange occurrences affecting me and draw entirely different conclusions about what these were. .... What I find unfortunate is that the Bigfoot researchers up here, as well as many of those reporting the sightings, are loathe to be linked to any UFO research because THAT is what they feel is crazy. The reverse is also true. So, for this and other reasons I don't care to go into right now, I can't help but wonder if there's some commonality between these different types of activity.

The Alien Technology (ATECH) May Explain Paranormal Phenomena thread goes into exactly this topic. I've found that the biggest difference between the believers in PSI phenomena and ufologists is that ufologists typically don't rely on psychic or supernatural explanations. Instead we consider ways in which alien technology based on advanced science provides conceivable explanations. Because there is more evidence for the existence of UFOs than anything supernatural it therefore seems to be a more rational approach than invoking the supernatural. In contrast, those who reject this approach tend to embrace the supernatural in a manner that is far closer to a religious belief than anything else e.g. spirits of the dead, demons, angels, etc. Of course they will retort that ufology is also religion. We've heard this from others recently as well, however I've adequately explained how that characterization is nothing more than a provocative proclamation that fails to stand up under objective scrutiny. The problem is that ( as we've also seen here recently ) with respect to arguing religious beliefs, it isn't easy to get through to those who have subscribed to occult or supernatural explanations. They become heavily invested in them personally and socially and their compartmentalized way of dealing with the issues doesn't allow for easy linking between competing concepts, ideas and evidence.

What brought me to discover Christopher O'Brien - and later this site - involved me researching anything I could find about the town where I was living in northern New Mexico after repeated "odd" occurrences kept happening there. The books I found about the area led me to learn more about northern New Mexico and later the reputation of the San Luis Valley (through O'Brien's books). This had all been entirely new to me in spite of the fact I had lived not far from the valley. I think sometimes we deliberately tune out certain things we simply aren't ready to glimpse on our radar.

Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is because I noticed in my research how there seemed to be a sort of overlapping of different paranormal activity - and how different people from different cultures could view the strange occurrences affecting me and draw entirely different conclusions about what these were. What is a ghost or angry spirit to one person may be a demon or witch to another and yet an ET phenomenon to a third person.

For example: Where I was living, I never personally saw a strange light but some of the "demonic" occurrences or "witchcraft" which happened there (as believed by one group) has been considered to be UFO-related by another. Could both groups be right? If I had the exact same experiences in many towns in Colorado rather than this particular town in New Mexico, I think I may well have been told it was an ET or a being from a different dimension trying to make contact. It also seems as though people who have had one distinct type of phenomena may soon have other types of phenomena occur. Where I'm currently living, there's been a surprising number of recent Bigfoot sightings yet I also distinctly remember reports of UFOs in the area immediately before this latest batch of sightings. On my local community forum, one person wrote me to say that her friend routinely sees UFOs, usually a large rectangular craft, late at night and further down the county road where I live. This is one of the places where there have also been Bigfoot sightings. In a neighboring small town where there's been a rash of Bigfoot sightings, people have also been reporting what they believe is the whistle of a ghost train following tracks which were torn up decades ago. What I find unfortunate is that the Bigfoot researchers up here, as well as many of those reporting the sightings, are loathe to be linked to any UFO research because THAT is what they feel is crazy. The reverse is also true. So, for this and other reasons I don't care to go into right now, I can't help but wonder if there's some commonality between these different types of activity.

R'lady you are not the first to sense the connection between apparently unconnected out-of-the-ordinary or paranormal events.
I wouldn't be suprised if Bigfoot, UFO's, ghosts, any manner of crypto creatures, ghost lights (like the Marfa lights), sea serpents, alien abductions, MIB, Black Eyed Kids, Mothman, Spring-Heeled Jack, etc etc etc.....on and on...did have some common thread linking them together.
(Wasn't it Isaac Asimov who said something like "Sufficiently advanced technology will appear as magic to the less advanced."?)
It's like once the door is open, everything starts coming through.
And it is weird that people who investigate Bigfoot think UFO researchers are loonies and vice versa.
Reminds me of religions...."I have the TRUE religion!", "NO! I do!",..."No you don't because you're both wrong..I have the TRUE religion!"....................Closed minded sheep mentality of the self-imposed ignorant never fail to depress me.

You know things, I know things, there are a lot of other people that know things, and I'd bet my last Marlboro that none of us would be able to convince 99.99% of the people of the world of what we know. I never talk about this stuff to anyone except my wife and kids, because I know of no one else who are really open minded in this area.
I guess that's why I gab on here so much (waah waah poor me:p).
It's a lonely kinda life, but to me anyway it can be quite satisfying at times.

Dang! Sandy, I'm glad somebody besides me gets it! Lloyd's mentoring program sounds really cool, sign me up...

Chris, look Loyd up on Facebook and his contact info should be there. I have to warn you though, this is a revenue earning program for him so be prepared for a fee if you sign up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back