• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast sounds & breaks....

Goody

Sailor Of Mind & Time
Just curious Gene & David on a few things:

1) Who makes all of your intro & break sounds for the show?

2) What program is used to create them?

Goody said:
Just curious Gene & David on a few things:

1) Who makes all of your intro & break sounds for the show?

2) What program is used to create them?

1. David and Bob "Dr. Mac" LeVitus.

2. Bob uses Apple's GarageBand, and David?

Okay and one more:

Who does the pitch shifted vocals for the adverts and the 'You've entered the Paracast' bit? Is that David?

Goody said:
Okay and one more:

Who does the pitch shifted vocals for the adverts and the 'You've entered the Paracast' bit? Is that David?

Intros and closings? Well, I understand we had a visitation from a mysterious entity back east and, well . . .

Have you ever heard 'The Edge Radio' with that Ott fellow.....That program is so poor, the guy barely knows what he is talking about...& you thought Coast 2 Coast & X-Zone was horrible.

Goody said:
Have you ever heard 'The Edge Radio' with that Ott fellow.....That program is so poor, the guy barely knows what he is talking about...& you thought Coast 2 Coast & X-Zone was horrible.

I haven't. I don't listen to lots of other paranormal shows.

There is no Bob LeVitus, don't let Gene clown on you.

He tosses that name around to make it sound like the paracast is larger than a two man operation.

There might not even be a David Biedny . . . I have inside sources that I can't reveal that tell me Gene does the show and both voices himself. Furthermore he does it all on a Windows Vista box.

You heard it here first.

DBTrek said:
There is no Bob LeVitus, don't let Gene clown on you.

He tosses that name around to make it sound like the paracast is larger than a two man operation.

There might not even be a David Biedny . . . I have inside sources that I can't reveal that tell me Gene does the show and both voices himself. Furthermore he does it all on a Windows Vista box.

You heard it here first.

Linux, running the CentOS -- Enterprise!

I also do all the guest voices :)

Or maybe I don't exist and David does all the voices. Sometimes I'm not sure about such things.

It's obvious that Gene is a tad modest in nature; that is why he created David, so he could express his mastermind Photoshop knowledge with the listeners without sounding like he has a big head.

Gene does like chocolate, don't be silly. I've worked it out now, it's all a 1-man project.

You almost had me there buddy.

I generally like the cute little segways, but is it possible to have someone else read Bill Birnes' promos? (I know he's a friend, but I have to fast-forward past his whiney self-promotions.)

Manu said:
I generally like the cute little segways, but is it possible to have someone else read Bill Birnes' promos? (I know he's a friend, but I have to fast-forward past his whiney self-promotions.)

He puts alot of emphasis on what he says, I guess that way you'll never forget where to mail your order for the magazine. But hey I probably sound like a tool when I speak so I can't whinge.

I practically know the entire Tim Beckley segment off by heart i've heard it so much....I'm not sure if thats a good or a bad thing.

Goody.

Goody said:

Daniel Ott is the hilarious Ed Wood of paranormal radio. He lives about twenty miles from me and runs a bee farm/broadcasting operation from his home. If you find yourself in need of a good yuck, check through the archives for some insanely weird interviews.
The EDGE TELEVISION BROADCAST with Daniel Ott

Back