• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Paracast+ feed & Android

Wade

FeralNormal master
Has any paracast+ member been able to add the feed to their podcast app on Android?

I use beyondpod and supposedly it supports authentication but via logging in on your phone's browser , waiting a few minutes then copy/paste the feed into the app, but i still can't get it to load. I'm wondering if there is a podcasting app out there that may throw up a dialog box asking for authentication to access a particular feed?

I would consult Google Play as well for one of these apps. Not all handle authentication properly. Also, if you use special characters in your password, it may present a problem. Go back to regular alphanumerics and such and it should work. Our webmaster is looking this over.

Thanks I'll try that. I did type podcasting +authentication into the GP store and most of what popped up were pay versions. I did try out one that was free and ad supported and pretty much got the same results i mentioned above. Beyondpod has always come through for me and has already been purchased so I'd rather not spend the $ on another app ( even though it's just a few dollars ) unless I knew it worked for this specific purpose. Also my password is just lowercase letters.

My suggestion is that you contact the author of that app and see if they are willing to work with us to fix this. I know it works on one of the two iOS apps I tried, plus iTunes.

Back