• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Steve Stockton

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 8.15.52 AM.jpgSteve Stockton is a veteran outdoorsman, author and has been investigating the unexplained for over 35 years. Originally from the mountains of East Tennessee, Steve has traveled all over the country and many parts of the world and now makes his home in Portland, Oregon, near the wilds and "bigfoot country" of the Pacific Northwest.

Steve cites as his influences his "gypsy witch" grandmother who told him multitudes of legends and stories as a small child, as well as authors such as Frank Edwards, John Keel, Charles Fort, Loren Coleman, Ivan Sanderson, Colin Wilson and Nick Redfern. His published books include Strange Things in the Woods & More Strange Things in the Woods (collections of true, paranormal encounters) as well as the autobiographical My Strange World, where he talks about his own experiences dating back to childhood, and National Park Mysteries and Disappearances Vols 1, 2, & 3.

Steve is currently at work on a book of ghost stories and also a book about myths and legends of the Great Smoky Mountains, both expected to be available this year.

Our guest cohost will be Bob Zanotti

Recording Date (including After The Paracast)

Tuesday September 21, 2021 at 11 AM Pacific
Post your questions or comments for discussion below

For After The Paracast: Subscribe to The Paracast Plus
For Five-Year and Lifetime Subscriptions: Use Coupon Code
ufo20 for a 20% Discount!

QUESTION: "Has your research been enhanced by any stories or accounts told by your grandmother, and would you say that you've been better armed with how to direct your research with the knowledge passed down to you?"

I spoke with Steve once, great interview.

Question:
Have any new and different Black Eyed Kids accounts come across your desk recently?

Steve is one of those old-fashioned outdoors-people who just tells terrific stories. Bob and I had great fun talking about stuff with him.

Steve Stockton was an articulate guest with above average story telling ability. I will certainly be looking for more interviews with him on his Youtube channel and other places! Of course, Bob Zanotti was great as well, just I thought he interjected his own stuff a bit too much and the narrative got off track because of it... had the guest been left alone to just blast away we may have covered more pertinent ground!

Back